Note 4 Battery Life

mib500

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
3,309
Reaction score
9
Hi guys... need feedback from all note 4 user.. im using for few days and found that the battery life not so impressive like what the promote such can last for a day even in heavy use.. so want to know how u guys note 4 batt life perform....
 

mokseng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
30,890
Reaction score
27
Dun think there's any phone on the market right now that can last u a day with heavy usage. :s22:
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
You kinda need to define your idea of heavy usage first. If you expect to play 6 hours of games on it, I don't think any phone can do that unless you use an extended battery. My Note 3 easily lasts a day of heavy usage but I don't play games on it except for crosswords.
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
Dun think there's any phone on the market right now that can last u a day with heavy usage. :s22:

Technically the iPhone 6+ could. I have both the 6+ and Note 4 and since it is the same person (me) with the same usage, the 6+ lasted 2x longer than the Note 4.

I don't play games on my phone, but typically the 6+ allows me to surf the net and FB/Twittering for 10hrs average on 4G/4G+ and 50% screen brightness, while the Note 4 is about 4hr-4.5hrs (same 4G/4G+ and 50% screen brightness).
 

kitz79

Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
13
My note 4 battery life sux too. Notice the cpu ram usage is always very high - always 80-90% range. I've checked and there are no active applications. Updated the latest software but still the same... :(

Any experts here got any advice for me to bring down the rate?
 
Last edited:

mib500

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
3,309
Reaction score
9
I agreed with you... the only advantage is fast charging lol...




Technically the iPhone 6+ could. I have both the 6+ and Note 4 and since it is the same person (me) with the same usage, the 6+ lasted 2x longer than the Note 4.

I don't play games on my phone, but typically the 6+ allows me to surf the net and FB/Twittering for 10hrs average on 4G/4G+ and 50% screen brightness, while the Note 4 is about 4hr-4.5hrs (same 4G/4G+ and 50% screen brightness).
 

mib500

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
3,309
Reaction score
9
My note 4 battery life sux too. Notice the cpu ram usage is always very high - always 80-90% range. I've checked and there are no active applications. Updated the latest software but still the same... :

Any experts here got any advice for me to bring down the rate?

I recommend that you watch youtube.. and also i think you must disable unnecessary usage such as ect smart stay or whatsoever (too many smart app) LOL
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
Technically the iPhone 6+ could. I have both the 6+ and Note 4 and since it is the same person (me) with the same usage, the 6+ lasted 2x longer than the Note 4.

I don't play games on my phone, but typically the 6+ allows me to surf the net and FB/Twittering for 10hrs average on 4G/4G+ and 50% screen brightness, while the Note 4 is about 4hr-4.5hrs (same 4G/4G+ and 50% screen brightness).

Does the 6+ really have Cat 6 LTE (4g+)?

Also, my Note 3 already can do 5 hours of screen on time with web surfing and goes up to 30 plus hours between charges. My record time between charges is well over 4 days. It actually lasts quite a bit longer when watching YouTube videos. The Note 4 should get better battery life, but you might need to tweak it a bit first, like disabling some things. Unfortunately I don't have a Note 4 to examine, but I did read about the latest update which is supposed to substantially improve the Note 4's battery life. Reviews also seem to peg the Note 4's surfing battery life at between 10 to 11 hours. Makes me wanna buy a Note 4 just to test it out. :/

Another thing to wait for is the Android L update which carries quite a lot of battery optimizations. Early tests on Nexus 5s show a 25% and above improvement just by updates to Android L alone.
 
Last edited:

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
My note 4 battery life sux too. Notice the cpu ram usage is always very high - always 80-90% range. I've checked and there are no active applications. Updated the latest software but still the same... :(

Any experts here got any advice for me to bring down the rate?

Definitely not normal. But it would be good if you could post screenshots of your screen on time and battery discharge profile. Quite hard to advise without a better picture.
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,220
Reaction score
5,200
Note 4 sibei ho liao la...what u want 4000 mAh battery? Up to you to tweak , off data, app management lor. :)
 

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
6,606
Reaction score
4
Mine is ok. Used for 16 hours yesterday. Mostly surfing web and fb. Screen on about 50% of the time. About 30-40min of youtube and 1.5hr playing gta. End of the day still have more than 40% left.
 

mib500

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
3,309
Reaction score
9
Mine is ok. Used for 16 hours yesterday. Mostly surfing web and fb. Screen on about 50% of the time. About 30-40min of youtube and 1.5hr playing gta. End of the day still have more than 40% left.


Wow... your batt seems good!!
 

foopower

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
1,612
Reaction score
15
So far no Note device can beat Note 2's SOT, when given the correct conditions.
 

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
I'm not impressed with my battery life either. Not very different from my Note 3's usage, and I haven't bothered to troubleshoot.

One thing I noticed, however, is the rather warm screen after I turn it on for a few seconds to check my messages and turn it off again. I usually place my phone in my front pocket when I drive, with the screen against my body instead of facing outwards. The screen is distinctly warm, to almost hot, for a few minutes before cooling off. I'm not sure if this is due to the glass protector I have on, or what. My Note 3 was in an S-View cover previously, so that may have prevented me from feeling the heat then. This is not a major problem, but I would like to know if anyone else is suffering from fried nipples like myself.
 

Lance321

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
8,017
Reaction score
3,049
Does the 6+ really have Cat 6 LTE (4g+)?

No. Iphone 6+ and iphone 6 are Cat 4 LTE(150 mbps).
The only 4G+ phones that I know of are the Galaxy S5 4G+, Galaxy Alpha 4G+, Galaxy Note 4 4G+ and LG G3 Cat 6. They are all really fast when 4G+ is available.
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
Me 14 hours of standby. In between use about 5 hours of surf net, email, fb... abit games and messaging... now left 56%.
 

Leonard_Ong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
11
My battery is at around 12 hours usage+standby with 1/3 (33%) left.. As others have said, battery is similar to Note 3, if not slightly worse. Warm when camera is being used longer than a few minutes.
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
My friends iphone 6+ can last a day with heavy user thats why i wonder...

A bit unbelievable leh. IPhone usage time doesn't mean screen on time. Mine left with 38% after unplugging in the morning 8am. Still not bad, but one year old note 3 can do equally well.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top