Note 4 Battery Life

x1aojie

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
I mean, over the course of the day. If I remember correctly, "mediaserver" should only appear if you've been playing music or video. Otherwise it could indicate another unnecessary battery draining service that's been left on for some reason. I used to be pretty OCD about these things when using a Desire S with lousy battery life. :p

The screenshot i taken was right after Factory Reset. It was there all along. Do you have it? Or do you mind showing how's your page looks like ?
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
The screenshot i taken was right after Factory Reset. It was there all along. Do you have it? Or do you mind showing how's your page looks like ?

Mine isn't a Note 4, but I can post a pic of my battery usage here tomorrow for reference. I did post one or two screenshots earlier in the thread, but that was for a special experiment to determine the max battery life with a (rooted) Note 3.
 

iwcmanic

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Is there any tips or apps to install to save the batt life?

Sincerely, thanks in advance.

PS> My batt last less than 11 hours as stated in most of the reviews.
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
1 hour of spotify music + brave frontier + 4G network + auto brightness at -3

90% to 67%
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
When go to bed. Turn on ultra power. When working turn on power saving. It help. I also have battery app that turn off background apps to gain battery power.
 

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
8,906
Reaction score
394
Like that very busy.
Become a slave to the phone.
Just use it normally la.
Time to charge jus charge..
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
1 Days 13 hours + Standby.

With 6 hours of SOT. Plus power saving mode on.

Just left 8 %. Now charging the phone.

:s12:
 

blurtaurus

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I have noticed something weird with my Note 4's battery. Every time after charging, the battery consumption is quite high. It can drop 4% in 40 mins while in sleep mode. I will have to turn off the phone and turn it on again before it becomes better (from 10.30pm to 6.30am drops only 4%). Wifi, data, bluetooth, NFC are all off. Sync is also off. As phone is not rooted, can't tell much from the setting's battery page.

I did a factory reset but the problem persists. Only install a few apps like screen on/off app, google pinyin keyboard after the reset. Its quite ridiculous if I have to turn off and on the phone every time the phone is charged to get reasonable battery consumption.

Anyone facing this issue who can share his/her experience?

Thanks.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi guys,

I have noticed something weird with my Note 4's battery. Every time after charging, the battery consumption is quite high. It can drop 4% in 40 mins while in sleep mode. I will have to turn off the phone and turn it on again before it becomes better (from 10.30pm to 6.30am drops only 4%). Wifi, data, bluetooth, NFC are all off. Sync is also off. As phone is not rooted, can't tell much from the setting's battery page.

I did a factory reset but the problem persists. Only install a few apps like screen on/off app, google pinyin keyboard after the reset. Its quite ridiculous if I have to turn off and on the phone every time the phone is charged to get reasonable battery consumption.

Anyone facing this issue who can share his/her experience?

Thanks.

Nope I dont face this issue. There are a couple of possibilities here. It could be your firmware issue or could be your applications.

Usually I would clear the cache via the recovery menu first and observe for another few days. If still cannot, I will do a factory reset via the recovery menu.

If still cannot, then bring down to service centre..
 

einstein21

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I have noticed something weird with my Note 4's battery. Every time after charging, the battery consumption is quite high. It can drop 4% in 40 mins while in sleep mode. I will have to turn off the phone and turn it on again before it becomes better (from 10.30pm to 6.30am drops only 4%). Wifi, data, bluetooth, NFC are all off. Sync is also off. As phone is not rooted, can't tell much from the setting's battery page.

I did a factory reset but the problem persists. Only install a few apps like screen on/off app, google pinyin keyboard after the reset. Its quite ridiculous if I have to turn off and on the phone every time the phone is charged to get reasonable battery consumption.

Anyone facing this issue who can share his/her experience?

Thanks.

Hello, did you manage to solve your issue? I'm also having the same problem. Before going to sleep, my phone is fully charge to 100%. When waking up battery is now at 91%-93%. Wifi off, no background process running. Hope you have solution for this.
 

blurtaurus

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Hello, did you manage to solve your issue? I'm also having the same problem. Before going to sleep, my phone is fully charge to 100%. When waking up battery is now at 91%-93%. Wifi off, no background process running. Hope you have solution for this.

I tried what renfred89 suggested. Cleared cache from recovery 2 days ago. Seems fine until now but still monitoring the situation.

You may want to try and share your results.
 

einstein21

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I tried what renfred89 suggested. Cleared cache from recovery 2 days ago. Seems fine until now but still monitoring the situation.

You may want to try and share your results.

Thanks! I manage to fix my issue. Last night, from 100% to 99% overnight. Actually, I did a lot of things, I don't know which one is the fix. In Wifi->Advanced Settings i set to Never the Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep and unchecked Always allow scanning. I also installed Greenify app and hibernate suspicious apps that may cause wakelock like Yahoo Mail, Player.fm. This apps have sync functions enabled. Will continue to monitor.
 

blurtaurus

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Thanks! I manage to fix my issue. Last night, from 100% to 99% overnight. Actually, I did a lot of things, I don't know which one is the fix. In Wifi->Advanced Settings i set to Never the Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep and unchecked Always allow scanning. I also installed Greenify app and hibernate suspicious apps that may cause wakelock like Yahoo Mail, Player.fm. This apps have sync functions enabled. Will continue to monitor.

Glad that things turned out ok for you.

Everything was fine until battery level fell to around 50-48%. Then the battery level started to drop faster and faster without using the phone much. Was at 29% last night at 9.40pm, when I woke up this morning, phone was off. Must have gone totally flat in middle of night. Sigh...
 

einstein21

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Glad that things turned out ok for you.

Everything was fine until battery level fell to around 50-48%. Then the battery level started to drop faster and faster without using the phone much. Was at 29% last night at 9.40pm, when I woke up this morning, phone was off. Must have gone totally flat in middle of night. Sigh...

Maybe you could provide screenshot of your Power Saving settings and Battery History Details. You just go to Power Saving and click the graph. It could show you what is causing your battery drain. For my case, it is an app that is causing my phone to wakelock. I installed Greenify to hibernate this app and now I don't have the issue anymore.
 

blurtaurus

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Maybe you could provide screenshot of your Power Saving settings and Battery History Details. You just go to Power Saving and click the graph. It could show you what is causing your battery drain. For my case, it is an app that is causing my phone to wakelock. I installed Greenify to hibernate this app and now I don't have the issue anymore.

Thanks. But tired of trying this and that. Already reset the phone 3 times. Sent to service centre to have it checked out. Hope problem can be resolved.
 

anirudhks

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
1,479
Reaction score
0
Some of u may think this is bullshhh but for many that i suggested around did work.. those who see major drain is bcos the fast charging is not functioning for few handsets .. the battery % just jumps and doesnt report correctly while discharging. . If u have extra battery best use the battery charge to charge ur batteries dont charge via phone .. else disable fast charging and charge normally via normal charger.. see the difference your self.. i had this problem few days back now its ok... may be a software bug

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

blurtaurus

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

Looking for some feedback regarding battery consumption. I have been having some battery drain issue since Oct. I got my set but yet to solve it although I have sent in for repair twice. First time changed motherboard and battery while second time they tell me no problem at all with the set, battery and cable.

Overnight, without using the phone in between, my note 4 drains battery of about 10% in 9 hrs with wifi, bluetooth & data turned off, which I think is too high. My colleague's does not drain so much, about 5% only.

Yesterday, I turned switched my network to GSM instead of LTE and got much better battery usage, 3% in 7 hrs.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think its normal to drain 10% in 9 hrs with wifi, bluetooth and data turned off. Just wondering what your battery drain over the night is? Especially for bros out there who are on M1 network (as mine is). I suspect my LTE components could be faulty. Want to be sure before I send to service centre for 3rd time.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
 

jason910

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
4,658
Reaction score
5
Nope I dont face this issue. There are a couple of possibilities here. It could be your firmware issue or could be your applications.

Usually I would clear the cache via the recovery menu first and observe for another few days. If still cannot, I will do a factory reset via the recovery menu.

If still cannot, then bring down to service centre..
Can I ask how do u access the recovery menu to clear the cache?

Sent from GAGT Android App
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top