November 2017 SBF

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation sir..
Might wanna read this.

I am not too sure if this is correct.
2nd timer is only limited by the units available , not the queue.

Said 100 unit avaialble
95 reserved for 1st timer
5 reserved for 2nd timer .

When ballote , all come in as their holding chances ( 1,2,4 )

If some 2nd timer with god damn good luck , will get #1 even if he hold only 1 chance.
All the 2nd timer that manage to get the queue number will be informed once there are 5 unit taken by 2nd timer queue before them.

Thats my understanding.

CherryBee

Reaction score
Yes.. 2nd timers are allocated fewer units but when they ballot for queue number, it will be mixed with the 1st timers.. so if they’re lucky, they might get a good queue number..

Oh?
like that means 2nd timer can even be in front of 1st timer.

haogui

Reaction score
That explain in some of the mature area , 2nd timer go in to try their luck.

I.e. clementi 3 room flat are offered just beside mrt.
First timer x 14
Second timer x 21.

Golden location
No harm to try via $10
The $10 bet may win you 100k gain in 5 years time.

Yes.. 2nd timers are allocated fewer units but when they ballot for queue number, it will be mixed with the 1st timers.. so if they’re lucky, they might get a good queue number..

tivo88

Reaction score
That explain in some of the mature area , 2nd timer go in to try their luck.

I.e. clementi 3 room flat are offered just beside mrt.
First timer x 14
Second timer x 21.

Golden location
No harm to try via $10
The $10 bet may win you 100k gain in 5 years time.

No wonder Queenstown so hot, Prime area:s12:

TripVin

Reaction score
thanks everyone! apply liao and hope and appeal lor if tio else like what you guys said.. resale liao la !

Gaddy23

Reaction score
Applied for the only unit in Bukit Timah. So far I'm the only applicant (so far). Chinese quota filled and second floor and rather pricey so that's probably why no one else applied but the location is pretty good.

With regards to the unit, does Hdb do hacking etc before the flat is put up for sales of balance? I saw a renovation notice outside the flat.

busterkid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Applied for the only unit in Bukit Timah. So far I'm the only applicant (so far). Chinese quota filled and second floor and rather pricey so that's probably why no one else applied but the location is pretty good.

With regards to the unit, does Hdb do hacking etc before the flat is put up for sales of balance? I saw a renovation notice outside the flat.

some SBF are repossessed units so might have reno works done.

Gaddy23

Reaction score
Yeah its a repo unit. Funny thing was the renovation works which included hacking was just done last month.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Hope you get a good queue number in two months time.

Haha, doubt it. See how it goes.
Many areas hit 10x oversubscribed and not to mention that every area only has a few good blk/unit... :o

fxloading

Reaction score
anyone chose bukit batok?

Based on the statistic:
5-room / 3Gen
Total available unit: 151
Total register: 331
First timer: 1.5
Second timer: 15.6

hopefully will get good queue number for this

Mysticwind

Reaction score
now its over by 3k but once she quits which is soon cuz of the pregnancy, i will be under 12k on my own.
didnt know they will see last 12 months .. but doesnt make sense what . when i tio the number and can choose flat thats when it matters most rite ? if the income can sustain the loan or sekali by then a couple who ws under 12k kena promotion and what nots and becomes over.. then how ?? i end up being more qualified than that couple mah ? and i have a kid on the way plus buying 2k radius from my parents. i tick all the boxes of this ******** of the govn asking us to have babies and live near our parents so we can look after them as well.

I get what you mean. They look at 12 months becos there are other couples who can game the system by taking no pay leave etc if just 3 months or smthg to be within the income ceiling, and even obtain housing grants. Becos 1 pax pay v easy can get housing grants.

Also, in another perspective, if one suddenly got promoted like what you said in the last few months - they will still be within incomeceiling cos HDB look at 12 months mah & will average out. Still be fair in some sense.

Your case can try to appeal ba. Hope it will be smooth.

khkh8488

Reaction score
anyone chose bukit batok?

Based on the statistic:
5-room / 3Gen
Total available unit: 151
Total register: 331
First timer: 1.5
Second timer: 15.6

hopefully will get good queue number for this

First timer: 143 available flats / 214 applicants

anyway,have shortlist the flats you wanted

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.