Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

keywin

Reaction score
Can the Shield play video files directly from a NAS on the same network? Thinking of upgrading from my WD TV Live player

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For ease of use, get a dvb-t2 tuner for the tv will do. Nvidia Shield Tv is an android box with gaming capability. It gg to be underutilized if you gg to use it just for tv channel. There are cheaper android box out there with paid iptv that support both local HD and overseas channels. You can consider those options.

If I am looking for local channels + Android Apps on my samsung TV, which Android TV box would you recommend? Mainly apps like VLC to play videos.

Aditshar

Reaction score
Local tv channels my suggestion is to use external antennas direct to the tv, it will give you more stable and better experience. As for android box, Nvidia Shield tv would be the most complete box to use. The speed is fast, lots of supports and very stable. You can use it as media player, gaming emulator, home automation (google assistant), NAS storage. Etc. Well you need to explore all possible to have it to suit your needs. Ive tried lots of android boxes before settling for nvidia shield tv as my main box.

If I am looking for local channels + Android Apps on my samsung TV, which Android TV box would you recommend? Mainly apps like VLC to play videos.

keywin

Reaction score
Where do you guys get your Shields from? buy direct from Amazon or from Lazada? I only know of these 2 options.

mosasoma

Reaction score
For ease of use, get a dvb-t2 tuner for the tv will do. Nvidia Shield Tv is an android box with gaming capability. It gg to be underutilized if you gg to use it just for tv channel. There are cheaper android box out there with paid iptv that support both local HD and overseas channels. You can consider those options.

hmmm, the thing is. I'm planning to use it as a gaming device at the same time. So was wondering if there are any compatible tuner and such?

Aditshar

Reaction score
There is compatible USB tuner but from what i research the quality is kinda bad. Sometimes it will freeze and sometimes you wont get any signal.

hmmm, the thing is. I'm planning to use it as a gaming device at the same time. So was wondering if there are any compatible tuner and such?

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys get your Shields from? buy direct from Amazon or from Lazada? I only know of these 2 options.

Is Qoo10 selling the best priced Nvidia Shield TV? By Evtech.

1. Remote only
2. Remote with controller
3. With stand
4. With gaming controller

What is the difference between controller and gaming controller addon?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Remote only
3. With stand

Gaming controller is the gamepad loh. Used to play games one. Controller is machiam your tv control.

keywin

Reaction score
I ordered from Amazon US le...

NVIDIA SHIELD TV | Streaming Media Player with Remote

S$190.11 after including shipping and using RateX...

expected to arrive 10th May... excited!!

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is compatible USB tuner but from what i research the quality is kinda bad. Sometimes it will freeze and sometimes you wont get any signal.

Quality of tuners vary. A lot.

In general just avoid "brandless".

Aditshar

Reaction score
I bought direct from Amazon. Warranty wise and support is good. Had one of my controller spoil and they did 1 on 1 exchange for me through RMS

1. Remote only
3. With stand

jowy_ham

Reaction score

U bought it when the price went down to USD$140 ???

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No controller only remote?

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaming controller is the gamepad loh. Used to play games one. Controller is machiam your tv control.

1. Remote only = remote controller
2. Remote with controller = remote controller + gaming controller
4. Addon : Gaming controller = Remote controller + 2x gaming controllers?

Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.