Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AI upscaling quality varies on the source and type of content. Nvidia uses a deep-learning network for AI upscaling, so it should improve over time.

At the moment, when I play random videos, the picture is definitely clearly and more detailed although at the default setting ("medium" AI enhancement) I feel that some videos still appear a bit oversharpened. If it bothers you sometimes then turn the AI upscaling to "low".
Nice. Thanks for sharing. Any speed improvements that you noticed? Faster app loading etc. How do you find the new remote? Nicer to use?

Cookee

Master Member
Reaction score
Usa had issue yesterday. Fed up and hoot in uk. Cost sgd8 more.

Did the same last week when they still have stock. But encountered the cannot be shipped due to location issue. Contacted their helpdesk and was told that it can be shipped to SG, and they will check with their HQ export dept. I didn't want to wait because I know very well there is a communication breakdown between Amazon US and their hd in India. (Very BAD experience with them before)

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for sharing. Any speed improvements that you noticed? Faster app loading etc. How do you find the new remote? Nicer to use?

New remote tons better than the old one but use it in combination with the official appstore remote (has track pad and keyboard).

Interface also faster than the old shield when navigating menus and apps.

Also network access to the shield's internal storage (when transferring files from my Samsung mobile to the shield) is stable and works smoothly unlike the older shield (was a bit finicky in the past).

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna get the new Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 with 2 controllers.
Any lobang? 11.11 or Black Friday? I got contacts in US flying to SG.

Is the controllers old one? Or new version?
Or any other recommendable controllers to game with?

Needmysleep

Reaction score
Looks good.have never had a streaming box after the ancient WDTV box! currently have a Mac Pro tethered to my TV at all times lol

So Amazon US is the best source currently :s11:

matique

Reaction score
sian lah the amazon listing for 2019 shield no more le. Bestbuy can't use forwarder, order kena cancelled...Anyone else know any site that can forward to sg? Not looking forward to using local retailers who will makan your $$

cinson

Reaction score
sian lah the amazon listing for 2019 shield no more le. Bestbuy can't use forwarder, order kena cancelled...Anyone else know any site that can forward to sg? Not looking forward to using local retailers who will makan your $$

Get from amazon UK ba.

Needmysleep

Reaction score

Get from amazon UK ba.

https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-Shiel...2TB13YX3T77&psc=1&refRID=DNCEJ4GRZ2TB13YX3T77

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1512596-REG/nvidia_945_12897_2500_101_shield_tv_pro_hdr.html - I bought my Macbook and Camera from these guys - very good service

Last edited:

Kopi Gao

Reaction score
@needmysleep: off topic a bit ... u bought the MacBook and camera (from bhphoto) via a forwarder, right? Thx bro!

Needmysleep

Reaction score
Live TV

Anyone using the Nvidia shield TV to get access to live TV.What are my best options - mainly kids programs and movies.Basically a Starhub alternative :)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the Nvidia shield TV to get access to live TV.What are my best options - mainly kids programs and movies.Basically a Starhub alternative :)

SingTel Cast Learning Plus is at S$5.9 per month, not bad for kids. You can take a look.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/learning-plus

There are other SingTel Cast packs you can take a look. Now they open quite some packs for non-Singtel customers.

SingTel Cast app works for Nvidia Shield TV.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

why live tv?

it is better to use VOD to watch kids programs and movies. you can select when and what to watch.

jsrijith

Reaction score
Newbie here..
Apart from downloading android games from playstore..
How to download/play AAA titles?
Is Nvidia GForce Now free beta available in Singapore??

My shield pro is on its way from Amazon uk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.