Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

saj282

Reaction score
Amazon is US$199. Qoo10 is S$299. Same same

1) EVTECH at Qoo10 is selling at $312.59 ($309 base + $3.59 shipping with cart coupons not allowed)
2) Amazon with free shipping is selling for US$199 or ~S$295 (using markup exchange rate of 1.48, which can be lower)

Amazon may be a better choice if you don't mind longer shipping time and wants to buy some more stuff to ride along with the free shipping.

amuron75

Reaction score
1) EVTECH at Qoo10 is selling at $312.59 ($309 base + $3.59 shipping with cart coupons not allowed)
2) Amazon with free shipping is selling for US$199 or ~S$295 (using markup exchange rate of 1.48, which can be lower)

Amazon may be a better choice if you don't mind longer shipping time and wants to buy some more stuff to ride along with the free shipping.

Hi Bro's
I have ordered a set of the Shield TV from Evtech on 22nd March's night, payment went through and Qoo10 has submitted a shipping request the next morning, until now the seller hasn't acknowledge and did a shipping schedule. Is it normal? Would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on this? Thanks a lot

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I plug in the USB into both USB ports and it doesn't seems to work. I am using es explorer. Wonder is it due to some settings?

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
Need some advice from the nvidia experts:

Currently running a Minix Neo X8-H Plus and it serves all my needs. Tempted by Nvidia Shiled TV because it offers a steady path to Android OS upgrades. I don't play video games and never will. Just use it for movies, tv series and live IPTV.

My concerns on Nvidia:

1. Can I easily install Kodi Krypton, MegaBox HD, Show Box, Newest Movies HD and Movie HD apps specifically, without jumping through hoops and trying to figure out what is 'side loading a APK'?

2. Someone mentioned that Android TV experience is 'limited' and you have to unlock the box and whatnot? No idea what this means and how to do it. Is it complicated?

I'm fairy tech savvy and can follow instructions, but not at the levels most people here are.

Any advice, or perhaps point me in the right direction, please.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Currently running a Minix Neo X8-H Plus and it serves all my needs. Tempted by Nvidia Shiled TV because it offers a steady path to Android OS upgrades. I don't play video games and never will. Just use it for movies, tv series and live IPTV.

My concerns on Nvidia:

1. Can I easily install Kodi Krypton, MegaBox HD, Show Box, Newest Movies HD and Movie HD apps specifically, without jumping through hoops and trying to figure out what is 'side loading a APK'?

2. Someone mentioned that Android TV experience is 'limited' and you have to unlock the box and whatnot? No idea what this means and how to do it. Is it complicated?

I'm fairy tech savvy and can follow instructions, but not at the levels most people here are.

1) Kodi yes..it's on the play store. The rest of those apps i assuming are free pirated streaming services? Sorry, i cant answer any of that.

2) No need to unlock bootloader or root. the android tv experience already satisfy most stuff u need

howdidoo

Reaction score

My concerns on Nvidia:

I got the new Shield TV too after using a chinese box for couple of years.. This is heaven and would recommend to anyone without a thought..

You can install Kodi without problem direct from App Store and Shield uses official Android TV OS which is different from mobile OS on other Chinese boxes. So the App store will have limited options and for all other apps you need to sideload them which is easy too, but I have not bothered with any since I dont intend to use them.

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
I got the new Shield TV too after using a chinese box for couple of years.. This is heaven and would recommend to anyone without a thought..

You can install Kodi without problem direct from App Store and Shield uses official Android TV OS which is different from mobile OS on other Chinese boxes. So the App store will have limited options and for all other apps you need to sideload them which is easy too, but I have not bothered with any since I dont intend to use them.

Excellent news…any idea if the remote supplied is adequate? I usually like air mouse remotes as they help me type searches more efficiently…..will my Minix A2 Lite Airmouse work with the Shield?

EDIT: Googled this and yes it works.

Last edited:

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
The qoo10 page is a bit confusing…..the shield player costs $300
and there is then an option which says " Accessories: No (+$40)"

This bumps the price to $340 + shipping…what am I missing here? First time Ive heard of paying
40 bucks for No accessories.

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
ATV is pretty limited, so proceeded to unlock and flash a full nougat rom.

/QUOTE]

Hi….this sounds interesting….can you help me understand what this means please…like you would explain it to a six year old.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, i have to say there is no exactaly easy way to explain.
You have got to understand what does unlocking, flashing unofficial firmwares ect. Means first.
Usually u do not really need if u are just looking to consume medias.
Applications that are not available on the shield play store u can download them on your pc, put them on a usb drive and install them via the usb drive on the shield.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Excellent news…any idea if the remote supplied is adequate? I usually like air mouse remotes as they help me type searches more efficiently…..will my Minix A2 Lite Airmouse work with the Shield?

EDIT: Googled this and yes it works.

Why need air mouse when u can use google voice to search?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, i have to say there is no exactaly easy way to explain.
You have got to understand what does unlocking, flashing unofficial firmwares ect. Means first.
Usually u do not really need if u are just looking to consume medias.
Applications that are not available on the shield play store u can download them on your pc, put them on a usb drive and install them via the usb drive on the shield.

Don't need USB. Install es explorer. Under network, add one drive etc. save ur apk to one drive and install from there

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
Don't need USB. Install es explorer. Under network, add one drive etc. save ur apk to one drive and install from there

Im familiar with es explorer so thats great. Does this thing come with a web browser? I guess one could donload the apks via browser as well.

Fiddler

Banned
Reaction score
The qoo10 page is a bit confusing…..the shield player costs $300
and there is then an option which says " Accessories: No (+$40)"

This bumps the price to $340 + shipping…what am I missing here? First time Ive heard of paying
40 bucks for No accessories.

Bump....anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.