Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmradio

Reaction score
How did you guys get the geforce now account just bought and ask me to apply for beta but never approve and without that no way to play the games ! Zzzz any advise ?

arctic_silver

Reaction score
I got no problem registering and playing the GeForce games. Only major downside is most of the games aren't actually playable due to artifacts and input lag

arctic_silver

Reaction score
There are some minor upgrades to the system and the game controller. So far I noticed no difference in performance. Everything look and feel the same as before

fmradio

Reaction score
So I went to log call with support and it took one week to approve that account. I notice mostly everyone talk about tv apk here. No one plays the games? Too limited titles? The server keeps complaining high latency which is expected since it is not in Asia. But game is playable just graphics not that fantastic.

xolatw

Reaction score
What TV do you guys use with Shield? I recently switched my shield to my xiaomi TV and it's quite irritating when the TV switches on and it goes to the default xiaomi home screen. I then have to go to that specific hdmi channel for the shield home page.

AwfullySmart

Reaction score
What TV do you guys use with Shield? I recently switched my shield to my xiaomi TV and it's quite irritating when the TV switches on and it goes to the default xiaomi home screen. I then have to go to that specific hdmi channel for the shield home page.

Adjust HDMI CEC setting.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where can I buy Nvidia Shield TV now? Most of the online shop is out of stock.
the new shield is coming out soon.. wait for the new one to be out first and reconsider your purchase. either get the new one or wait for the old one to have price drop.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Kopi Gao

Reaction score
Hi, do you know (roughly, understand sometimes it may be rumors) when will the new Shield be launched? Thank you!

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the leaks look like 2 different products

ap_resize.php

new-shield-specs.jpg

new-shield-remote.jpg

nvidia.0.jpg

Screenshot-2019-10-17-at-11.23.14-AM-1.png

Hope the remote/controller gets more reliable.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its out in bestbuy (i think i read as bestbuy) already.

Tube cost 150 usd
Box cost 200 usd

arctic_silver

Reaction score
Not much of an upgrade from the previous model. Apart from a slightly faster speed, a new remote and Dolby vision, the rest remain the same.

The tube version looks interesting though but it's price a bit too high. The fire stick 4k which cost just 1/3 of that would be a better buy

Downloader

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I only use Kodi and selected apps on my generic Android boxes.

Thinking of getting the new Shield for added gaming capabilities. Never own one before and only briefly tried on a relative one.

Would appreciate some advice.

Is it good for gaming?

Which gaming remote is good for both gaming and controlling it?

Where can I buy one? Still not seeing it on Amazon.

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine (the new model with tegra X1+) , available on amazon with international shipping

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.