Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimurastanley

Reaction score
I paid 49.90 initially as there was no bundle option. But able to get $25 gift card from amazon after chatting with amazon CS

nivlac9

Reaction score
I've used my 16gb version with ext hard drive, no issues. If you're really into android games, then you should get the pro version, coz I could only install 2 big games at a go (doom 3 and portal) and 5-7 small games.

I uninstalled the bigger games in the end coz I have ps4 which does a better job for AAA games. The small games (100-300mb) are more for kids age 3-7.

Some games'data cannot be moved to sd card.

By the way, app data can only be moved to sd card and not to external usb drive.

Thanks Audiophiliac. actually android games are more touch based hence quite difficult to play using remote? cant imagine playing PvZ using a remote haha. i think the main use will be for NetFlix & grid.

BTW how much is the est shipping to sg?

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Thanks Audiophiliac. actually android games are more touch based hence quite difficult to play using remote? cant imagine playing PvZ using a remote haha. i think the main use will be for NetFlix & grid.

BTW how much is the est shipping to sg?

Some games work very well with remote. If you stick to the games that are available on Android TV's PlayStore, you won't go wrong.

Shipping is free, since it's above US$125. If you order the pro version, it's US$299, which is subject to Singapore GST.

24thchromosome

Reaction score
just press continue

The console will get discounted by $20 and the remote will be less than $5

hvds47.jpg

Yes I did press continue and the final payment still cost me $19usd to ship the remote while only the shield tv shipping remains foc. I think that bundled free shipping to sgp only lasted on that day you purchased.

24thchromosome

Reaction score
This is what I meant. The promotion for over usd$120 purchase free shipping to singapore should be based on entire order and not break down into individual item and this is the part where amazon chose to leave it to ambiguity... what a bummer.

2d2bng5.jpg

Regardless whether SGD or USD is chosen, the shipping fee of USD$19.93 is still charged.

Another side note though... the amazon exchange rate sucks... still better to buy in usd and even the credit card rate is better than them.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
This is what I meant. The promotion for over usd$120 purchase free shipping to singapore should be based on entire order and not break down into individual item and this is the part where amazon chose to leave it to ambiguity... what a bummer.

2d2bng5.jpg

Regardless whether SGD or USD is chosen, the shipping fee of USD$19.93 is still charged.

Another side note though... the amazon exchange rate sucks... still better to buy in usd and even the credit card rate is better than them.

from your browser hit "back" 2-times then "forward" again. The system get fed off it will wave of the shipping/handling.. Tried again today and it works

24thchromosome

Reaction score
from your browser hit "back" 2-times then "forward" again. The system get fed off it will wave of the shipping/handling.. Tried again today and it works

Thanks bro, doesn't work for me, still the same. But I found another trick and it worked finally. :s22:

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Just to share, I'm using the Amazon fire stick remote, and I highly recommend using it with shield tv. It works so well, with rewind, forward and play button. I ordered the voice remote (fire tv) version so that my fire stick can still get some use.

The fire stick remote is usd 15, but waiting time is 2-3 months.
The fire tv voice remote is usd 20, and is in stock.

Those who didn't order the shield remote can consider this.

I personally think it's better with the additional forward rewind play/pause buttons.

jermss

Reaction score
Just to share, I'm using the Amazon fire stick remote, and I highly recommend using it with shield tv. It works so well, with rewind, forward and play button. I ordered the voice remote (fire tv) version so that my fire stick can still get some use.

The fire stick remote is usd 15, but waiting time is 2-3 months.
The fire tv voice remote is usd 20, and is in stock.

Those who didn't order the shield remote can consider this.

I personally think it's better with the additional forward rewind play/pause buttons.

damn.. mine is on the way.

quick question, for those on Grid, do you pay for subscription already or is it free for now?

Edit, found out that its free till Sept.

kimurastanley

Reaction score
damn.. mine is on the way.

quick question, for those on Grid, do you pay for subscription already or is it free for now?

Edit, found out that its free till Sept.

Ya. Free now.
I played on Myrepublic 1gbps. Actually minimal lag

audiophiliac

Reaction score
How do you guys control the gamepad joystic playing first person shooting? Can the sensitivity be adjust?

I don't think there's many FPS games on Grid except for homefront.

With gamestream you can still control with keyboard and mouse, plugged into SATV.

D-Wade

Reaction score
looking on these as well, but waiting for apple tv4 offering before I make my decision =)

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking on these as well, but waiting for apple tv4 offering before I make my decision =)
unless you have a vest investment in iTunes or am using iProducts, if you are using Android, the AppleTV will not serve you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.