Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

seals81

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply. Nope, they don't give a hoot at all. You have to cover shipping to and fro. Shipping from Singpost (cheapest) is S$12x.xx. And when they send the replacement to your US address you'll have to pay for shipping back to SG, but that part will be much cheaper.

I was sending it back to Amazon, so they kindly refunded the shipping fees - amazing. Like I said, the device is pretty decent, but pray hard it doesn't fail on you.

Me, I'm getting another el cheapo Nexus Player to fix the Android TV void. With the Marshmallow update I can add internal storage to accommodate tons of games. And the upcoming Steam Link if I want to game from my PC. Long story short, Nvidia took a dump in my opinion of them, it'll be a long time before I ever consider giving them a cent in future.

That being said, anybody wants a Shield remote for the Shield TV? I'm selling at cost, you save on the shipping. :D

Hey how much you selling the remote for? pm me! I'm interested! thanks!

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with Netflix these recent days?

I can log in, but when playing a show, "this title is not available to watch instantly aip-702"

I'm using Netflix v2.2.1

24thchromosome

Reaction score
wow... just received a newsletter from amazon...

-------------------------
For a limited time, get $50 off your NVIDIA SHIELD or SHIELD Pro purchase with the following promotional code, which can be entered during checkout:
XXXX
This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, 11/4/15.

Worth it to buy? So many of you facing problem with it...haiz...

24thchromosome

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply. Nope, they don't give a hoot at all. You have to cover shipping to and fro. Shipping from Singpost (cheapest) is S$12x.xx. And when they send the replacement to your US address you'll have to pay for shipping back to SG, but that part will be much cheaper.

I was sending it back to Amazon, so they kindly refunded the shipping fees - amazing. Like I said, the device is pretty decent, but pray hard it doesn't fail on you.

Me, I'm getting another el cheapo Nexus Player to fix the Android TV void. With the Marshmallow update I can add internal storage to accommodate tons of games. And the upcoming Steam Link if I want to game from my PC. Long story short, Nvidia took a dump in my opinion of them, it'll be a long time before I ever consider giving them a cent in future.

That being said, anybody wants a Shield remote for the Shield TV? I'm selling at cost, you save on the shipping. :D

Did you ship it directly from Amazon to Singapore using the amazon free shipping when you first purchase? If so, Amazon RMA should also cover end to end shipping mah...

Fast

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow... just received a newsletter from amazon...

For a limited time, get $50 off your NVIDIA SHIELD or SHIELD Pro purchase with the following promotional code, which can be entered during checkout:
XXXX
This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, 11/4/15.

Worth it to buy? So many of you facing problem with it...haiz...

Can share the code?
:)

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with Netflix these recent days?

I can log in, but when playing a show, "this title is not available to watch instantly aip-702"

I'm using Netflix v2.2.1

I just on my shield .... netflix is accessible, can watch no problem .
using unotelly DNS

audiophiliac

Reaction score
I just on my shield .... netflix is accessible, can watch no problem .
using unotelly DNS

Thanks for the reply. Can you show me screenshot of how you set it up in router? I'm using Asus RT87U.

I tried UnoDNS set in Router (WAN), still cannot.

I'm on MyRepublic. Which ISP are you on ?

Last edited:

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
May I ask why do you guys so keen on Netflix when you can readily access the latest movies and tvshows from genesis/megabox freely? Whats the advantage of getting Netflix?

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Can you show me screenshot of how you set it up in router? I'm using Asus RT87U.

bro ,I used this guide for nexus player to access netfix via shield TV https://www.google.co.jp/url?sa=t&r...=mvB1nxZXLcCH9gXYHFhWtA&bvm=bv.99028883,d.dGo

no need to alter settings in router. ISP : M1.

actually I already can access netflix directly from my smart TV without using SATV but since SATV can also it , so why not maximised it lol afterall it cost me 299 USD plus 3rd party forwarder shipping haha

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
May I ask why do you guys so keen on Netflix when you can readily access the latest movies and tvshows from genesis/megabox freely? Whats the advantage of getting Netflix?

netflix is cheap and netflix 4k :s12:
so lets netflix and chill :s22:

audiophiliac

Reaction score

audiophiliac

Reaction score

Genesis quite unreliable, always no source if you're looking for documentaries, but since it's free, of course expectation much lower. Video quality also sometimes good, sometimes horrible.

Netflix has great animal documentaries that I can let my child watch, and the quality is always HD. It's a great cable replacement when it works. But the hassle to get it to work.. man.. sometimes its really annoying.

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Sadly, I tried that too.. also didn't work for me.

Which version of SATV firmware are you using? Wondering could it be because I'm running v1.3.. I thought dun update is the safest, happy camper.. damn sian now.

I am using latest firmware 2.1

when I was on 1.3 I too have problems with netflix and my shield cannot detect my pc for streaming my pc games.

strangely after 2.1 everything ok, but then again I also changed to new AC 3200 router at that time, so I cannot be certain what change did the trick

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
did anyone get an email from Amazon on the$50 discount for shield tv or pro? Try to apply the code but got bounce, doesn't seems to recognize the code. Ask Amazon and they say they do not have this promo and say most probably fake but the email it sent from looks genuine. :s22:

audiophiliac

Reaction score
I am using latest firmware 2.1

when I was on 1.3 I too have problems with netflix and my shield cannot detect my pc for streaming my pc games.

strangely after 2.1 everything ok, but then again I also changed to new AC 3200 router at that time, so I cannot be certain what change did the trick

Thanks man!

The v2.1 firmware update did the trick.

OMG, ******* finally. What a nightmare.

It's scary that the SATV firmware would affect Netflix just out of the blue. Seems like Netflix can just block us out any time they want, even though you're a paying customer with DNS routing.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Myrepublic dun need any settings. Teleport service can access Netflix direct from Android TV. It's only Android tablets and phones that need special treatment.

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Myrepublic dun need any settings. Teleport service can access Netflix direct from Android TV. It's only Android tablets and phones that need special treatment.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm aware that Myrepublic provides Teleport which is like UnoDNS, but my Netflix was having issues with both Teleport / UnoDNS. As I suspected, Teleport was working fine, since my PC, PS3, PS4 all can watch Netflix.

Turns out it was the SATV firmware needed to be updated to 2.1 to get rid of the Netflix error message "This title is not available to watch instantly".

I believe it might be due to DRM protection because SATV is one of the few devices that can stream Netflix in 4K, therefore they have stricter copyright protection on it.

Raj1969

Reaction score
did anyone get an email from Amazon on the$50 discount for shield tv or pro? Try to apply the code but got bounce, doesn't seems to recognize the code. Ask Amazon and they say they do not have this promo and say most probably fake but the email it sent from looks genuine. :s22:

I too got the discount code and managed to get US$50 off the Shield TV. i.e. US$149. Confirm its a genuine offer. But you can only use the code once.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I too got the discount code and managed to get US$50 off the Shield TV. i.e. US$149. Confirm its a genuine offer. But you can only use the code once.

How did you get the code?

I'm interested to get the Shield TV 16gb bundle. Not sure whether to wait for Black Friday sales or use a code (if I get one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.