Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raj1969

Reaction score
How did you get the code?

I'm interested to get the Shield TV 16gb bundle. Not sure whether to wait for Black Friday sales or use a code (if I get one)

I previously had added this item in my checkout list but did not confirm the purchase. It was in my basket for a few weeks.

Out of the blue, Amazon sent me an email with the discount code.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I previously had added this item in my checkout list but did not confirm the purchase. It was in my basket for a few weeks.

Out of the blue, Amazon sent me an email with the discount code.

Icic, thanks....i have it in my basket since their last bundle discount. The price has now risen back to normal. But no discount code... :(

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
I too got the discount code and managed to get US$50 off the Shield TV. i.e. US$149. Confirm its a genuine offer. But you can only use the code once.

so strange why did I unable to add the code and Amazon CSO say they can't find any promo for the shield tv bundle with remote and told me probably is fake......:vijayadmin:

Raj1969

Reaction score
so strange why did I unable to add the code and Amazon CSO say they can't find any promo for the shield tv bundle with remote and told me probably is fake......:vijayadmin:

Tried ordering just the Console with the discount code?
Then add the remote as as 2nd item in your basket.

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Tried ordering just the Console with the discount code?
Then add the remote as as 2nd item in your basket.

nvm now, I contact amazon again this time the CSO very good, will refund me $50 even after the promo code already expire. Amazon service really top notch.

24thchromosome

Reaction score
nvm now, I contact amazon again this time the CSO very good, will refund me $50 even after the promo code already expire. Amazon service really top notch.

Haha then you must be really lucky. Couple of my friends contacted amazon also but it seemed the service quality vary from person to person. Took a few days to revert and some more had to refer them to so called marketing dept and in the end still refused to give promo code. Maybe too many people asked.

Fast

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha they refunded me 50 also after I threaten to return the item.

I never received any code at all

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Haha then you must be really lucky. Couple of my friends contacted amazon also but it seemed the service quality vary from person to person. Took a few days to revert and some more had to refer them to so called marketing dept and in the end still refused to give promo code. Maybe too many people asked.

yes, first cso keep saying the cod I gave is fake and the item do not have this promo....then a few days after someone here say they can use the code so I contact amazon again this time I got a better serving cso which also say will forward to marketing about my plea but in the end he say he will personally gave me the $50 discount even if the marketing came back negative. :s12:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh...didn't get any code....so sad..dunno whether want to beg for one from the CSO...or wait for Black Friday sale.

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Sigh...didn't get any code....so sad..dunno whether want to beg for one from the CSO...or wait for Black Friday sale.

try try no harm, $50 USD discount is a lot, can offset the price of the remote already.

audiophiliac

Reaction score
For those who are using UnoTelly or Unblock-US..

Getflix SmartDNS Lifetime subscription : $39

https://stacksocial.com/?rid=2505929

On top of that, there's a 10% discount for new signups to StackSocial, so in total I paid USD$35 for lifetime subscription of Smart DNS.

Even though I have MyRepublic's Teleport, I signed up coz Getflix can change your Netflix regions to many different countries.

I could change between Canada, US , UK and Japan Netflix, which quite a few different shows.

Last edited:

wengchiat

Reaction score
For those who are using UnoTelly or Unblock-US..

Getflix SmartDNS Lifetime subscription : $39

https://stacksocial.com/?rid=2505929

On top of that, there's a 10% discount for new signups to StackSocial, so in total I paid USD$35 for lifetime subscription of Smart DNS.

Even though I have MyRepublic's Teleport, I signed up coz Getflix can change your Netflix regions to many different countries.

I could change between Canada, US , UK and Japan Netflix, which quite a few different shows.

how does GetFlix compare to UnoDNS?

audiophiliac

Reaction score
how does GetFlix compare to UnoDNS?

Few differences :

1. Cost:

- UnoDNS 1 year = USD $59.16
- Getflix 30 years = USD $35

2. Countries to switch IP to:

- UnoDNS = 30+ countries
- Getflix = 20+ countries

3. Getflix allows you to switch countries for specific apps, so you could have:

- Netflix : Canada
- BBC : UK
- HBO GO : US

I think in general, UnoDNS is still the best, however, if you only need DNS switching for Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, Crackle, Crunchyroll, Dramafever, Amazon Prime, then Getflix is already enough.

With the savings of using Getflix, you can subscribe to more "channels".

I tested the speed yesterday night, connecting to Getflix's New Zealand server gives me 700Mbps (ethernet) , while connecting to Getflix's Singapore server gives 300Mbps. Perhaps because MyRepublic server is actually in NZ.

Last edited:

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got the Shield TV and in the GeForce Now store, It is showing as €9.99 per month. Some how it is showing the UK store, how do I change it to the US store so I can pay USD$7.99 per month instead? Any one sign up for the service b4? Thanks.

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Ok I figured it out. I had to setup a VPN client (US) on my router so ALL traffic is routed through the VPN. Then on the shield, go to Settings, App, Shield Hub and clear cache. Open GeForce Now again, and login to your account. It will show US$7.99 now. After I signed up I received an email from Nvidia to confirm that I am on trial and after 90 days I will be charged $7.99 per month.

After signing up, you can turn off the VPN. Tried playing a couple of games, it streams perfectly in 1080p60. I think I'm gonna stick with my subscription. Hope they bring in more games though. :D

wengchiat

Reaction score
Few differences :

1. Cost:

- UnoDNS 1 year = USD $59.16
- Getflix 30 years = USD $35

2. Countries to switch IP to:

- UnoDNS = 30+ countries
- Getflix = 20+ countries

3. Getflix allows you to switch countries for specific apps, so you could have:

- Netflix : Canada
- BBC : UK
- HBO GO : US

I think in general, UnoDNS is still the best, however, if you only need DNS switching for Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, Crackle, Crunchyroll, Dramafever, Amazon Prime, then Getflix is already enough.

With the savings of using Getflix, you can subscribe to more "channels".

I tested the speed yesterday night, connecting to Getflix's New Zealand server gives me 700Mbps (ethernet) , while connecting to Getflix's Singapore server gives 300Mbps. Perhaps because MyRepublic server is actually in NZ.

Got the getflix (and also gave u $10 I believe).

Anyway, is it better to put the DNS on my router and or just specifically on the SHIELD? Any security/speed concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.