ocbc 360 account

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
14,671
Reaction score
8
If I can pay the bill via CC, I do that. Otherwise use GIRO.
Here is how I am doing it:
1. My NTUC membership and MOE fee payment is on GIRO, as these cannot be paid using CC.
2. Now I need only one more bill, so the Frank CC payment will suffice.
3. Frank CC gives 6% rebate on online transaction for minimum 500 spend. Hence I pay my telco bills and Town Council bills via VBOX. (Internet banking Bill payment and Merchant site bill payments for Telco don't qualify for 6% rebate). This comes to around 250 in my case. Then I am using Frank CC as MRT card with ATU - around 100 per month which also qualifies for 6% rebate. Once in a while have some Amazon/QQOO10 bills, ezlink/prepaid online top-up which all qualify for 6% rebate.
If other expenses on Frank card don't add up to 500, I pay to telco and/or Town council for next month in advance to make it 500. So spend 500 and get 6% rebate on online transactions (around 30) and 1% bonus interest for 360 account.
you can pay your NTUC membership if you have the NTUC Plus Visa credit card.

http://www.ntuc.org.sg/wps/wcm/conn...ERES&CACHEID=dce68d80463a9814892a8b96b9e4748c
 

greddy88

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
2,224
Reaction score
0
Not true the T&C states explicitly that "online mobile bill payment to Singtel, Starhub and M1 are eligible"




IMHO you are under-utilizing your Flashpay to just public transport. As long as the merchant accepts NETS, Flashpay can be used too. Even buy curry puff at OCK also can. Take taxi got 11% rebates (5% from Flashpay and 6% from Frank). In fact I think the 3-day window in-between each ATU is too long - $50 very fast finishes one!

Ya..My parking at client office for a day can wipe off $30 from the card leow.
Maybe u may want to feedback to NETs like me.. More feedback would hopefully get the management's attention eventually.
 

fl1234

Junior Member
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Daily interest rate for 360 account

Does anyone know how OCBC calculate the daily interest for 360 account?
Do they average the balance on every hour on that particular day, or they calculate the interest rate every midnight time, or...?
Thanks in advance :)
 

ark123

Master Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
0
Not true the T&C states explicitly that "online mobile bill payment to Singtel, Starhub and M1 are eligible"




IMHO you are under-utilizing your Flashpay to just public transport. As long as the merchant accepts NETS, Flashpay can be used too. Even buy curry puff at OCK also can. Take taxi got 11% rebates (5% from Flashpay and 6% from Frank). In fact I think the 3-day window in-between each ATU is too long - $50 very fast finishes one!

Well, first time I paid on Starhub website, and OCBC informed that it is a (kind of) recurring bill payment which does not qualify. Since then I am paying via VBOX.
I agree that 3 -day window is very long. Sometime with low balance, you can enter the MRT, but while exiting it fails to top-up. Then go to the counter and explain all these - quite a hassle. Hence for other purchases I use flashpay in a limited way.
 
Last edited:

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
14,671
Reaction score
8
Ya..My parking at client office for a day can wipe off $30 from the card leow.
Maybe u may want to feedback to NETs like me.. More feedback would hopefully get the management's attention eventually.
$50 used up very fast especially with car park and ERP.

I think i'm going to leave a couple of NETS Flashpay & EZLink cards in the car just in case.
 

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
14,671
Reaction score
8
Does anyone know how OCBC calculate the daily interest for 360 account?
Do they average the balance on every hour on that particular day, or they calculate the interest rate every midnight time, or...?
Thanks in advance :)
i believe its based on the average daily balance at the end of each day.
 

dentisttalk

Member
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
calcualtion

Does anyone know how OCBC calculate the daily interest for 360 account?
Do they average the balance on every hour on that particular day, or they calculate the interest rate every midnight time, or...?
Thanks in advance :)

I think is calculated by average daily balance multiply interest rate then divide by 12

I could be wrong though
 

iMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,344
Reaction score
1,078
Well, first time I paid on Starhub website, and OCBC informed that it is a (kind of) recurring bill payment which does not qualify. Since then I am paying via VBOX.
I agree that 3 -day window is very long. Sometime with low balance, you can enter the MRT, but while exiting it fails to top-up. Then go to the counter and explain all these - quite a hassle. Hence for other purchases I use flashpay in a limited way.

Aiya......I just pay over $150 of Starhub Bill via their Website using my FRANK Card last week....how about paying M1 Bill via M1 website? got 6% rebate?
 

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
93,336
Reaction score
2,817
for bill payments in a month, do they see from 1st day of the calendar mth to the last day of the same calendar mth?
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
Well, first time I paid on Starhub website, and OCBC informed that it is a (kind of) recurring bill payment which does not qualify. Since then I am paying via VBOX.
I agree that 3 -day window is very long. Sometime with low balance, you can enter the MRT, but while exiting it fails to top-up. Then go to the counter and explain all these - quite a hassle. Hence for other purchases I use flashpay in a limited way.
eh.. should be eligible ma.. the TNC states "Online retail transactions are defined as goods or services you buy via the internet and pay with your FRANK Credit Card. These transactions are excluded from the calculation of cash rebates: purchases made via telephone or mail order; bill payments (online mobile bill payment to Singtel, Starhub and M1 are eligible); recurring payments for mobile, telephone, cable, insurance, utility bills or income tax; donations; payment of funds to prepaid accounts, payments using internet banking; annual card fees; Instalment Payment Plans; Cashwise facility, Cash Advances and Balance Transfers; Goods and Services tax; fees and charges such as interest and late payment charges or any other transactions determined by OCBC from time to time."

anyway someone updated in the thread with the google doc for websites that get 6% for frank and starhub is in the list...
 

beri stupid idiot

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2013
Messages
9,202
Reaction score
1
If I can pay the bill via CC, I do that. Otherwise use GIRO.
Here is how I am doing it:
1. My NTUC membership and MOE fee payment is on GIRO, as these cannot be paid using CC.
2. Now I need only one more bill, so the Frank CC payment will suffice.
3. Frank CC gives 6% rebate on online transaction for minimum 500 spend. Hence I pay my telco bills and Town Council bills via VBOX. (Internet banking Bill payment and Merchant site bill payments for Telco don't qualify for 6% rebate). This comes to around 250 in my case. Then I am using Frank CC as MRT card with ATU - around 100 per month which also qualifies for 6% rebate. Once in a while have some Amazon/QQOO10 bills, ezlink/prepaid online top-up which all qualify for 6% rebate.
If other expenses on Frank card don't add up to 500, I pay to telco and/or Town council for next month in advance to make it 500. So spend 500 and get 6% rebate on online transactions (around 30) and 1% bonus interest for 360 account.

yup mine ia similar like yours ... but i atu abit more since spend netsfp buying ntuc grocery
 

Weng123

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
28,571
Reaction score
4,323
I have a few questions on the 360 account. Calling ocbc hotline is useless. Their damned cust service line is always experiencing "higher than expected call volume" regardless of whether u call past midnight or in a weekday morning.

The first is: There are 3 conditions to fulfill to get the 3.05% rate. Can we just fulfill 2 conditions and get a 2.05% rate?

Second is: When is the interest rate credited into the account? Is it at the end of every month or end of the year?

Last is: What happens if I miss 1 month? Lets say there is 1 month where none of the 3 conditions are fulfilled, does that mean that there will be no enhanced interest rate for the whole year? or just that 1 month is missed?
 

anfielder

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
4,554
Reaction score
2
I have a few questions on the 360 account. Calling ocbc hotline is useless. Their damned cust service line is always experiencing "higher than expected call volume" regardless of whether u call past midnight or in a weekday morning.

The first is: There are 3 conditions to fulfill to get the 3.05% rate. Can we just fulfill 2 conditions and get a 2.05% rate?

Second is: When is the interest rate credited into the account? Is it at the end of every month or end of the year?

Last is: What happens if I miss 1 month? Lets say there is 1 month where none of the 3 conditions are fulfilled, does that mean that there will be no enhanced interest rate for the whole year? or just that 1 month is missed?

1. yes.
2. within 7 working days of each month end
3. only affects that month.
 

josephlpw

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2014
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
If I can pay the bill via CC, I do that. Otherwise use GIRO.
Here is how I am doing it:
1. My NTUC membership and MOE fee payment is on GIRO, as these cannot be paid using CC.
2. Now I need only one more bill, so the Frank CC payment will suffice.
3. Frank CC gives 6% rebate on online transaction for minimum 500 spend. Hence I pay my telco bills and Town Council bills via VBOX. (Internet banking Bill payment and Merchant site bill payments for Telco don't qualify for 6% rebate). This comes to around 250 in my case. Then I am using Frank CC as MRT card with ATU - around 100 per month which also qualifies for 6% rebate. Once in a while have some Amazon/QQOO10 bills, ezlink/prepaid online top-up which all qualify for 6% rebate.
If other expenses on Frank card don't add up to 500, I pay to telco and/or Town council for next month in advance to make it 500. So spend 500 and get 6% rebate on online transactions (around 30) and 1% bonus interest for 360 account.
Does Frank card gives ESSO petrol discount?

Example : www .ocbc. com/edm/personal-banking/cards/esso-all-september2013/index. html
 

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Messages
17,184
Reaction score
570
I have a few questions on the 360 account. Calling ocbc hotline is useless. Their damned cust service line is always experiencing "higher than expected call volume" regardless of whether u call past midnight or in a weekday morning.

The first is: There are 3 conditions to fulfill to get the 3.05% rate. Can we just fulfill 2 conditions and get a 2.05% rate?

Second is: When is the interest rate credited into the account? Is it at the end of every month or end of the year?

Last is: What happens if I miss 1 month? Lets say there is 1 month where none of the 3 conditions are fulfilled, does that mean that there will be no enhanced interest rate for the whole year? or just that 1 month is missed?

i expdereinced e same thing..in e end i call e premier hotline even though i m not premier customer..pick up in 1 min :s13:
 

xoxozone

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2010
Messages
480
Reaction score
52
In the T&C
i. Pay Any Card - Successfully perform a bill payment from your 360 Account to OCBC or any bank’s Visa or MasterCard credit cards, or American Express and Diner’s Club credit cards, via OCBC Online/Mobile Banking.

ii. Pay Any Bill - Successfully perform a bill payment to any OCBC participating billing organisation from your 360 Account via OCBC Online/Mobile Banking. Bills payments via eNETS are not eligible.

iii. Giro Payments - Successfully make a recurring GIRO payment to any OCBC participating billing organisation from your 360 Account

For i, basically any CC can do

For ii, just use the ocbc ibanking and find the billing organization. If can add it is counted

For iii, I guess the OCBC all-in-one GIRO form is a good reference of which billing org is applicable

Not pay any 3 unique bills will do?
 
Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
6,960
Reaction score
118
Does Frank card gives ESSO petrol discount?

Example : www .ocbc. com/edm/personal-banking/cards/esso-all-september2013/index. html

Hi josephlpw, FRANK Credit Cards are eligible for ESSO petrol discounts.
^Gin
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top