ocbc 360 account

oozzzzzz0

Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Hi OCBC, does online credit card transaction eg. ebay/qoo/air tickets purchases & online payment to telco qualify for the extra 1% interest?
Cos your T&Cs say retail transactions.

thanks
 
Last edited:

ftft58

Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
ocbc has the worst service, from what i have experienced. their bankers tend to be far more judgemental; yes i know, it's a bank. let me tell u sth that has happened to me and my mother. my mother is a premier customer (i know, no big hoot, esp with ocbc being the most wanton and have the lowest criteria). i accompanied her to a particular branch (dont want to name which branch, but those who edmw knows i stay hougang, so make ur rough guesses, the branch is close proximity). we walked into the premier side, and u know what did the staff said? the staff told us that the entrance is the other side for us. just because my mom isnt well dressed and decked in chanel she assumed she's not a premier customer? just because I wasnt in armani or gucci so i cant be a premier customer? way to look down on us. i can understand that some blur mass customer may open the door to premier side unknowingly, but really, OCBC service staff dont have the tact to say it another way other than telling us to go to the mass side? straight away assume we're poor? is OCBC hiring people with no common sense? and when i replied that my mum is a premier customer, the staff merely said "oh. i see". my experience with dbs and scb has been much better, and I have very little money there.

i know all these sounds very personal, but tell me, if ur experience has been nothing but bad with a particular bank/company or even just a hawker stall, what are the chances of u trusting their stuff and staff?

why suck it up? u shld write in man:s22:
 

greddy88

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
2,224
Reaction score
0
ocbc has the worst service, from what i have experienced. their bankers tend to be far more judgemental; yes i know, it's a bank. let me tell u sth that has happened to me and my mother. my mother is a premier customer (i know, no big hoot, esp with ocbc being the most wanton and have the lowest criteria). i accompanied her to a particular branch (dont want to name which branch, but those who edmw knows i stay hougang, so make ur rough guesses, the branch is close proximity). we walked into the premier side, and u know what did the staff said? the staff told us that the entrance is the other side for us. just because my mom isnt well dressed and decked in chanel she assumed she's not a premier customer? just because I wasnt in armani or gucci so i cant be a premier customer? way to look down on us. i can understand that some blur mass customer may open the door to premier side unknowingly, but really, OCBC service staff dont have the tact to say it another way other than telling us to go to the mass side? straight away assume we're poor? is OCBC hiring people with no common sense? and when i replied that my mum is a premier customer, the staff merely said "oh. i see". my experience with dbs and scb has been much better, and I have very little money there.

i know all these sounds very personal, but tell me, if ur experience has been nothing but bad with a particular bank/company or even just a hawker stall, what are the chances of u trusting their stuff and staff?

sounds very bad... my experience in toa payoh central has been quite consistent. though not top-notch, they are ok.
there is a person who will assist the moment u step into the bank, like open account or some other stuff. (sometimes the cop would help when the lady was away :s13:)
then wait for your turn to be served.
the front counter staff is also nice.
and yes, we don't dress elite.. no rolex, nothing. just some loose neck tee, bermuda and slippers..like any others on the street.

u may want to try banking there.
btw.. got a few chio chio eye candies as well (though my main purpose aren't them, the presence is just a bonus :D)
 

4d_striker

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
94
Reaction score
4
OCBC has very poor service, no doubt about it.

I called to enquire on the rebates for my previous month's statement. As usual, it took quite a while before I finally manage to speak with an officer. She told me they will calculate my rebates and call me back before the end of day. I waited till 5.30pm and there was no call from anyone.

I decided to pop over to the bank as I intend to open a 360 account and at the same time cancel a saving account. The whole process of cancelling an account took almost one whole hour!!! The lady who attended to me was always going away to consult her senior.

As it was close to their closing hour, I ask if someone else could help me with the calculations of my rebates while my 360 account opening is being processed.

I went to the next counter as I saw that the officer was very free and was surfing the internet. Instead of helping me with the calculations, he picked up the phone and dialed their hotline and pass the phone to me!

I spoke to the guy on the hotline, did not get any answer and was told that someone will make a callback to me the next day. It's been almost one week and I have not received any callback from anyone in OCBC :(
 

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
14,671
Reaction score
8
OCBC has very poor service, no doubt about it.

I called to enquire on the rebates for my previous month's statement. As usual, it took quite a while before I finally manage to speak with an officer. She told me they will calculate my rebates and call me back before the end of day. I waited till 5.30pm and there was no call from anyone.

I decided to pop over to the bank as I intend to open a 360 account and at the same time cancel a saving account. The whole process of cancelling an account took almost one whole hour!!! The lady who attended to me was always going away to consult her senior.

As it was close to their closing hour, I ask if someone else could help me with the calculations of my rebates while my 360 account opening is being processed.

I went to the next counter as I saw that the officer was very free and was surfing the internet. Instead of helping me with the calculations, he picked up the phone and dialed their hotline and pass the phone to me!

I spoke to the guy on the hotline, did not get any answer and was told that someone will make a callback to me the next day. It's been almost one week and I have not received any callback from anyone in OCBC :(
I think its better that you send your feedback here:
https://www.ocbc.com/eforms/PersonalBankingCustomerFeedback/

but best if you can e-mail directly to the CEO or Board of Directors.
 

jess_sg

Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
OCBC has very poor service, no doubt about it.

I called to enquire on the rebates for my previous month's statement. As usual, it took quite a while before I finally manage to speak with an officer. She told me they will calculate my rebates and call me back before the end of day. I waited till 5.30pm and there was no call from anyone.

I decided to pop over to the bank as I intend to open a 360 account and at the same time cancel a saving account. The whole process of cancelling an account took almost one whole hour!!! The lady who attended to me was always going away to consult her senior.

As it was close to their closing hour, I ask if someone else could help me with the calculations of my rebates while my 360 account opening is being processed.

I went to the next counter as I saw that the officer was very free and was surfing the internet. Instead of helping me with the calculations, he picked up the phone and dialed their hotline and pass the phone to me!

I spoke to the guy on the hotline, did not get any answer and was told that someone will make a callback to me the next day. It's been almost one week and I have not received any callback from anyone in OCBC :(

The staff at ocbc branch won't be able to help on issue with credit cards pin, rebates, related matters. You need to call in the credit card department for help. Yes, i do agree nowadays they took more than a week to get back to us.

As for the closure of account that took so long, (if it does not include the waiting time in queue), i would have approached/demand the branch manager :)
 

4d_striker

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
94
Reaction score
4
The staff at ocbc branch won't be able to help on issue with credit cards pin, rebates, related matters. You need to call in the credit card department for help. Yes, i do agree nowadays they took more than a week to get back to us.

As for the closure of account that took so long, (if it does not include the waiting time in queue), i would have approached/demand the branch manager :)

It's not including waiting time in queue.
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
The OCBC 360 Account is the best deal to get higher interest rates for deposits for a while (at least last 5 years). The requirements are easy to fulfill and maximum deposit of $50k (eligible for bonus interest) is relatively high compared to similar deposit accounts.

However, please be warned that OCBC can change the terms to fulfill the bonus interest rates OR even the bonus interest rate at their own discretion. Like all promotions, they usually quietly take away the perks after a while when they have fulfilled their quota.

To back up what I said, OCBC lowered the interest rates for OCBC FRANK account some time after it was launched and now the FRANK account gives negligible rates for deposits. THE OCBC 360 account has been around for a while and its interest rate on deposits was also quite low until they come up with this promotion. It is completely within OCBC control to change the terms in the bank account as they wish.

However, for those who don't mind the hassle of closing the account after they take away the perks, the interest rate is still an attractive offer.

Just my 2c:)

people that open this account wont be afraid of the hassle.

I have gone thru a lot of trouble to set up all the links and gone down to the branch. I did this because the interest is better.

if someone else offer a better rate, u can see me go through everything again.

I have very little loyalty to any banks. banks also do not reward loyalty. how often have you seen special rates offered to fresh funds? how often have special rates been given because you kept the money there for many years?
 

Godbleseu

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
726
Reaction score
279
Hi chinnian, yes it can be counted towards the $400 credit card spend.

^Greg
For OCBC Bank

Hi OCBC Greg, how about the robinson plat card , best denki and plus card that apply via your bank website. Still count towards the $400 credit spend as those are NOT Private Label Cards.

I want to get a formal respond from OCBC staff from this forum regarding this.
 

mopiko_boy

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
721
Reaction score
1
Hi OCBC Greg, how about the robinson plat card , best denki and plus card that apply via your bank website. Still count towards the $400 credit spend as those are NOT Private Label Cards.

I want to get a formal respond from OCBC staff from this forum regarding this.
ya, which exactly are private label cards and which are not? very confusing.
There is no such term/category specified in ocbc's website that divides the cards.
 

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
6,960
Reaction score
118
Hi OCBC Greg, how about the robinson plat card , best denki and plus card that apply via your bank website. Still count towards the $400 credit spend as those are NOT Private Label Cards.

I want to get a formal respond from OCBC staff from this forum regarding this.

Hi Godbleseu
Yep, the Robinsons (with 16 digits) and Best cards, as well as Plus cards, can be used to achieve the $400 spend.


^Greg
For OCBC Bank
 
Last edited:

yuppieboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
574
Reaction score
210
for the $400 bill payment, can it be used to pay the OCBC credit card bill? :s22:

Pls don't be confused. There is no requirement to achieve $400 bill payment. Just need to make 3 bill payments regardless of amount on their website will do. That $400 requirement is for ocbc credit card spent in order to get the bonus interests.
 

DarkBlue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,324
Reaction score
1,096
people that open this account wont be afraid of the hassle.

I have gone thru a lot of trouble to set up all the links and gone down to the branch. I did this because the interest is better.

if someone else offer a better rate, u can see me go through everything again.

I have very little loyalty to any banks. banks also do not reward loyalty. how often have you seen special rates offered to fresh funds? how often have special rates been given because you kept the money there for many years?

Now with the FAST system, switch banks only takes "a few seconds".
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top