ocbc 360 account

Shoude

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
For those who got credited, can anyone confirm that the amount is prorated based on the existence of the account?

i.e. if I open the account in the middle of the month and meet all the criteria for the month, I will only receive half of the amount of the 3.05% for the month?
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
For those who got credited, can anyone confirm that the amount is prorated based on the existence of the account?

i.e. if I open the account in the middle of the month and meet all the criteria for the month, I will only receive half of the amount of the 3.05% for the month?
yes confirmed pro-rated.. i opened on 4th april and got interest for 27 days for april, inclusive of the day of opening.
 
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
For those who got credited, can anyone confirm that the amount is prorated based on the existence of the account?

i.e. if I open the account in the middle of the month and meet all the criteria for the month, I will only receive half of the amount of the 3.05% for the month?

yup, mine is pro-rated!
 

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2000
Messages
16,588
Reaction score
155
yes confirmed pro-rated.. i opened on 4th april and got interest for 27 days for april, inclusive of the day of opening.

any idea what happen if you had put in say 70k for the rest of the month, will you get the full 3% for the total month or still limited by the number of days ur account started ?
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,340
Reaction score
7,570
Have some questions:
Account balance
$30k from 1/5 to 9/5/2014
$60k from 10/5 to 31/5/2014
Average daily balance : [(30k*9)+ (60k*22)]/31= $51,290 correct?
Base interest 0.05% = 51290*0.05% = $2.17 correct?

How is the bonus interest calculated ?
 

therat

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,771
Reaction score
225
Have some questions:
Account balance
$30k from 1/5 to 9/5/2014
$60k from 10/5 to 31/5/2014
Average daily balance : [(30k*9)+ (60k*22)]/31= $51,290 correct?
Base interest 0.05% = 51290*0.05% = $2.17 correct?

How is the bonus interest calculated ?

the bonus interest cap at $50k
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
for below 50k, bonus interest for each task done is exactly 20*base interest...
 

Gunboundz

Senior Member
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
1,238
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I did not manage to the bonus interest for salary crediting. When I call the hotline to check the reason, the reason provided is that my company had credited my salary into the OCBC 360 account using GIRO-IBG. The customer service exec mentioned that the only way I can get the interest is for me to call my HR to change the code to GIRO-FAL or IBG-SALARY. I replied that this is how my company do the salary crediting, how will they change this for 1 out of XXXXX employees???

In addition, I asked if she is able to give me the bonus interest for this month since my salary is already credited but the answer is still a flat no.

Can you please clarify if this is really the case?

Seriously, I am quite disappointed. If the OCBC 360 account really cannot accept the my salary crediting with the GIRO-IBG code, I am just going to close this acct and call it quits....

same here as well, if that is the case shall call them again tomorrow to change. :s22:
v4r03d.jpg
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
Anyone paid $0.01 each for 3 bills and still entitled to the bonus interest?
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,340
Reaction score
7,570
Have some questions:
Account balance
$30k from 1/5 to 9/5/2014
$60k from 10/5 to 31/5/2014
Average daily balance : [(30k*9)+ (60k*22)]/31= $51,290 correct?
Base interest 0.05% = 51290*0.05% = $2.17 correct?

How is the bonus interest calculated ?

Since bonus interest is for 50k deposit, the above example gets max bonus interest for the month? 50000*3%/365*31?
 

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2001
Messages
20,821
Reaction score
2,734
how do i get the flashpay to top up at mcdonalds for the ocbc frank credit card if I have less than 12 dollars left?

I will have around 13 bucks left by the time I need to pay for my meal at Mcdonalds on monday

hello kitty cost me 4.95 and mcdonalds level 1 citrus burger meal cost me 7.60
= $12.55

I have 15.13 in the card now

I spend $2.24 on bus fare a day. so by monday I would have spent $5.64 by lunch time on monday 19 May 2014.

$15.13 - $5.64 = 9.49

How do I get it to top up around 5 -10 more via credit card so I can pay for my meal and pom pom purin hello kitty for my niece on monday?


I kinda have around 74 more bucks to attain before I hit the 400 a month for the ocbc 360 frank account you see.
__________________
 

TravellingMcDs

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
0
FAST-SALARY and was not credited. I sent OCBC an email, and they have yet to respond. I'm not liking the idea of having to wait on hold for 30 minutes each time I try and call.

Citi, as useless as most of the CSA's are, at least were quick to answer.
 
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
Have some questions:
Account balance
$30k from 1/5 to 9/5/2014
$60k from 10/5 to 31/5/2014
Average daily balance : [(30k*9)+ (60k*22)]/31= $51,290 correct?
Base interest 0.05% = 51290*0.05% = $2.17 correct?

How is the bonus interest calculated ?

For the 3% extra, it depends on the average daily balance up to a cap of 50K.
Therefore, the bonus interest is calculated as:

$50,000 * 3% / 12 = $125

For the base interest of 0.05%, interest is accrued on a daily basis.
Therefore, from 1/5 to 9/5, the base interest for one day is calculated as:

$30,000 * 0.05%/365 = $0.041096.

Do the following for the following 8 days...

($30,000+$0.041096) * 0.05%/365....

At the end of 9 days, the total interest earned for the 9 days should be = $0.36987

From 10/5 to 31/5, the base interest for one day is calculated as:

$60,000.36987 * 0.05%/365 = $0.082192

Do the following for the following 21 days...

($60,000.36987 + $0.082192) * 0.05%/365...

At the end of 22 days, the total interest earned for the 22 days should be = $1.808256.

Total interest earned = $2.178121
 

more3cm

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
39
How do I get it to top up around 5 -10 more via credit card so I can pay for my meal and pom pom purin hello kitty for my niece on monday?

ATU is fixed at $50 per shot. If u just wanna top-up $5 can use DBS atm.

I kinda have around 74 more bucks to attain before I hit the 400 a month for the ocbc 360 frank account you see.
$74 from now till end of May is a long time...
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
For the 3% extra, it depends on the average daily balance up to a cap of 50K.
Therefore, the bonus interest is calculated as:

$50,000 * 3% / 12 = $125

For the base interest of 0.05%, interest is accrued on a daily basis.
Therefore, from 1/5 to 9/5, the base interest for one day is calculated as:

$30,000 * 0.05%/365 = $0.041096.

Do the following for the following 8 days...

($30,000+$0.041096) * 0.05%/365....

At the end of 9 days, the total interest earned for the 9 days should be = $0.36987

From 10/5 to 31/5, the base interest for one day is calculated as:

$60,000.36987 * 0.05%/365 = $0.082192

Do the following for the following 21 days...

($60,000.36987 + $0.082192) * 0.05%/365...

At the end of 22 days, the total interest earned for the 22 days should be = $1.808256.

Total interest earned = $2.178121

why so troublesome. difference not even 1 cent.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top