ocbc 360 account

TravellingMcDs

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
0
I called to complain asking them why a new bank account requires us to use an antiquated transfer system in order to receive the bonus, their response was "companies prefer to pay with GIRO" therefore I was not eligible when being paid with FAST.

They didn't have any answer for when I rebutted that they are the company that prefers GIRO since they prefer to have money in limbo for 3 days where they don't have to pay interest on it.
 

dynamics78

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
what talking you?
For the 360 account, 1 of the requirements is to accumulate spending of $400 on OCBC credit card.

So if i charge my other bank credit card bills of say $400 to OCBC credit card, will that fulfill the $400 requirement.
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
For the 360 account, 1 of the requirements is to accumulate spending of $400 on OCBC credit card.

So if i charge my other bank credit card bills of say $400 to OCBC credit card, will that fulfill the $400 requirement.
i know. but since when can credit card be used to pay credit card? so what talking you?
 

dynamics78

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
i know. but since when can credit card be used to pay credit card? so what talking you?

I called them OCBC before and they told me I can pay other bank credit card with their credit card with no admin charges.

I was shocked as well.
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
I called them OCBC before and they told me I can pay other bank credit card with their credit card with no admin charges.

I was shocked as well.
most probably balance transfer. BT confirm no rebates, but not sure if its counted towards the $400 spend
 

ark123

Master Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
0
I called them OCBC before and they told me I can pay other bank credit card with their credit card with no admin charges.

I was shocked as well.

As far as I know, OCBC internet banking does not give an option to pay CC using OCBC CC. There is a list of billing organisations which can be paid using OCBC CC.
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
most probably balance transfer. BT confirm no rebates, but not sure if its counted towards the $400 spend

Balance transfer explicitly excluded.

There is no option online to allow payment of other bank's credit card with ocbc credit card.

Maybe they telling him can use ocbc360 to pay other bank's credit card, he hear wrongly, hahaha!
 
Last edited:

dynamics78

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Balance transfer explicitly excluded.

There is no option online to allow payment of other bank's credit card with ocbc credit card.

Maybe they telling him can use ocbc360 to pay other bank's credit card, he hear wrongly, hahaha!

Nope it is correct.

I was transferred to the credit card section cos the OCBC360 acct person was not sure about the credit card question.
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,330
Reaction score
7,552
"To qualify for credit card spend bonus interest, need a minimium spend S$400 in retail txns across your OCBC credit cards."

Does it mean spending S$200 each on my 2 OCBC credit cards qualify?
 

oozzzzzz0

Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
"To qualify for credit card spend bonus interest, need a minimium spend S$400 in retail txns across your OCBC credit cards."

Does it mean spending S$200 each on my 2 OCBC credit cards qualify?

yes.. ensure that the posting date is within calendar mth.
 

fl1234

Junior Member
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Payment bonus for multiple credit cards from same bank

Did any one here manage to verify if we are paying more than one credit card products from 1 bank on the same month, e.g. paying OCBC Best Denki credit card, Frank, Plus credit card... is it considered paying 3 credit cards and thus eligible to get additional 1% payment bonus for that month? Or is it considered only paying 1 credit card and thus not eligible for the additional 1% payment bonus?
Thanks in advance.
 

kjke1986

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
They nv scam you.. you tio pwn by not reading the fine print. Anything under $25k only earns 0.1% interest.

Can someone please point out where is it stated in the fine print please? I read the terms and conditions and couldn't find it stated. Furthermore, if you go to their website's interest calculator it seems like a balance of $2,000 still entitles you to the 1% (assuming you Giro-ed in your salary only)

2eecznl.jpg
 

The_Davis

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2001
Messages
152,272
Reaction score
14,921
i doubt the 3.05% will last 12 months.. lol
I think should be able to maintain.

look at standardcharted. their 1.88% bonus saver already there for so long already.

This should last at the minimum 2 years.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top