OCBC Titanium Mastercard

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi DG. May I check if Mega discount store qualifies for 10x rewards on the titanium card? Thanks!
Hi ditchdog,

This is dependent on the Merchant Category Code (MCC) coming in for those transactions. We will not be able to check on the MCCs prior to a purchase, as this is determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

Should you have made a transaction, and would like to check on it, do drop us a PM with your mobile number.

^DG

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi ditchdog,

This is dependent on the Merchant Category Code (MCC) coming in for those transactions. We will not be able to check on the MCCs prior to a purchase, as this is determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

Should you have made a transaction, and would like to check on it, do drop us a PM with your mobile number.

^DG
DG, Mega discount store is also another major brand your team can consider for review into the list of merchants for consideration

djr81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hallo OCBC

if my card opening is May. The reward point will reset and on the 1st of May i can start earning the x10 reward right?

Tks

stardays

Reaction score
Hi, OCBC team. I made an online transaction at RedMart (Lazada) with my Titanium card on 28.Feb and the amount was SGD71. I've got only 70 OCBC$ (base point) and no bonus points were given. When I checked with your customer service, she said that there was another promotion to give 5 OCBC$ per SGD5 which is just for base point. I don't find any point of earning only base point under any promotion and not sure how I opted for this. Can I have the promo details or the T&Cs?
Thanks!

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, OCBC team. I made an online transaction at RedMart (Lazada) with my Titanium card on 28.Feb and the amount was SGD71. I've got only 70 OCBC$ (base point) and no bonus points were given. When I checked with your customer service, she said that there was another promotion to give 5 OCBC$ per SGD5 which is just for base point. I don't find any point of earning only base point under any promotion and not sure how I opted for this. Can I have the promo details or the T&Cs?
Thanks!
for pure redmart transaction it is under groceries mcc, not eligible for bonus points.

drawar

Reaction score
for pure redmart transaction it is under groceries mcc, not eligible for bonus points.
Not true. It's been asked and answered many times here by OCBC Reps that both Lazada and Lazada Redmart transactions earn 10X, unless this groceries MCC exclusion is something new that I'm not aware of.

Edit: A post by CC 2 years ago: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/ocbc-titanium-mastercard.3616565/post-120567940

Thanks!

You can use the post I linked above to dispute with OCBC but for the sake of your sanity, please consider using other cards for Redmart transactions if using TR means you have to waste time on manual reconciliation and disputes from time to time. And let's not even talk about the ridiculous $5 block rounding down lol.

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks!

Not true. It's been asked and answered many times here by OCBC Reps that both Lazada and Lazada Redmart transactions earn 10X, unless this groceries MCC exclusion is something new that I'm not aware of.

Edit: A post by CC 2 years ago: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/ocbc-titanium-mastercard.3616565/post-120567940

You can use the post I linked above to dispute with OCBC but for the sake of your sanity, please consider using other cards for Redmart transactions if using TR means you have to waste time on manual reconciliation and disputes from time to time. And let's not even talk about the ridiculous $5 block rounding down lol.
Hi stardays,

If the transaction comes under Lazada, it would be eligible for bonus OCBC$.
Could you drop us a PM with your mobile number? Let us look into your account, and call to further assist.

^DG

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
hi DG, amazon is one of the merchants listed as eligible for additional 9x points.

so long as it is from Amazon, it is eligible? does not need to be restricted to amazon.sg right? as i'm gonna buy stuffs from amazon.com and amazon.de

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
hi DG, amazon is one of the merchants listed as eligible for additional 9x points.

so long as it is from Amazon, it is eligible? does not need to be restricted to amazon.sg right? as i'm gonna buy stuffs from amazon.com and amazon.de
Hi silverbomb,

Yes, so long as the transaction is reflected under Amazon, it will be eligible for the bonus OCBC$.

^DG

stardays

Reaction score
Hi, OCBC team. Can I know if x10 points are given if I purchase Takashimaya voucher at Takashimaya department store?
Thanks!

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, OCBC team. Can I know if x10 points are given if I purchase Takashimaya voucher at Takashimaya department store?
Thanks!
Hi stardays,

This would be dependent of the MCC, which the bank does not have control over.
If you have made the transaction, and would like to check on it, do drop us a PM.

^DG

Mebeater

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, may I know if buying beds from Tempur qualifies for 10x rewards?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello, may I know if buying beds from Tempur qualifies for 10x rewards?
This is dependent on the MCC of the merchant, and is not within the bank's control.

If Tempur's MCC happens to fall under for eg. MCC 5712 (Furniture, Home Furnishings, and Equipment Stores), it will not be eligible for bonus OCBC$.

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boys' Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infants' Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

And these merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Our service executive will be able to assist you with this.
Do drop us a PM with your mobile number, or write us a secured mail via Internet / Mobile Banking.

^DG

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.