[Official] DVB-T2 USB/PCI-E/PCI TV Tuner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the DVB-T2 trial news like a day old only, don think local distro will import things that have nothing to use with locally YET

i go browse hauppauge uk page they dont have any T2 products leh :s11:

Hmmm I think Haupauge UK already has a product for DVB-T2 liao and UK TV broadcasters have been broadcasting DVB-T2 programmes not too long ago. It's called Freeview HD.

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh, any recommendation for PCI-E one?

I'm down under right now and they seem to have gone for DVB-T and are sticking to it.

lax

Master Member
Reaction score
I am more concern whether my current LCD TV's inbuild DTV tuner is it compatible with DVB-T2 signal can I still tune in to DTV station like Channel 8, HD5, CNA course I don't want to have to buy a new LCD TV or a bulky set top box just to enjoy digital TV.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am more concern whether my current LCD TV's inbuild DTV tuner is it compatible with DVB-T2 signal can I still tune in to DTV station like Channel 8, HD5, CNA course I don't want to have to buy a new LCD TV or a bulky set top box just to enjoy digital TV.

Not compatible.

PoloBoiBoi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ribenafish

Reaction score
In that case Fug media corpse deep deep many who bought LCD TV this two years are gonna be soooo pissed. :s27::mad:

On hindsight, my mother is wise afterall, no wonder elderly people say 'always listen to your mother, she is right'.

Do you believe that my family is still using a big and bulky CRT TV from circa 1990? I am not bluffing you, it is true.

Amidst all the craze by many Singaporeans over LCD TVs in recent years, my family has never considered that we should follow the crowd and also buy a LCD TV.

Why have we not done so?

Many times, my mother has told me, 'The TV is still good, why must change?'.

Looking back, I think my mother has brought me up well, otherwise I would have grown up to be just like the majority of young Singaporeans now...spoilt, and with no sense of delayed gratification...just follow the crowd and whatever is the latest craze...suka suka change to LCD TV when there is no real need to (except maybe to keep up with the Jones'?).

I am gratified to know that in future when the inevitable happens and it is time for me to replace the TV in the living room with a LED TV because the CRT is no longer worth repairing anymore, I would have achieved a quantum leap over many fellow Singaporeans who bought their LCD TVs at the start of the craze - because I would have skipped the transitional period and gained a two-generation advantage over their TV sets.

Thank you mum.

[[ShadowBlade]]

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On hindsight, my mother is wise afterall, no wonder elderly people say 'always listen to your mother, she is right'.

Do you believe that my family is still using a big and bulky CRT TV from circa 1990? I am not bluffing you, it is true.

Amidst all the craze by many Singaporeans over LCD TVs in recent years, my family has never considered that we should follow the crowd and also buy a LCD TV.

Why have we not done so?

Looking back, I think my mother has brought me up well, otherwise I would have grown up to be just like the majority of young Singaporeans now...spoilt, and with no sense of delayed gratification...just follow the crowd and whatever is the latest craze...suka suka change to LCD TV when there is no real need to (except maybe to keep up with the Jones'?).

I am gratified to know that in future when the inevitable happens and it is time for me to replace the TV in the living room with a LED TV because the CRT is no longer worth repairing anymore, I would have achieved a quantum leap over many fellow Singaporeans who bought their LCD TVs at the start of the craze - because I would have skipped the transitional period and gained a two-generation advantage over their TV sets.

Thank you mum.

~so moody~:( no only you rah.My neighbours most of them also using crt still look good.

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hauppauge quite jialat....

everytime after playing TV for moar than 1 hr... de device cannot be stop liao... when shut down PC... will kena blue screen.... :(

if play TV for short time still ok.... :(

laoji brand :mad:

last time bought another one must on off on then can operate properly...:(

going to look for other brand liao... no moar happauge for moi... :(

LxIxVxE

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

everytime after playing TV for moar than 1 hr... de device cannot be stop liao... when shut down PC... will kena blue screen.... :(

last time bought another one must on off on then can operate properly...:(

going to look for other brand liao... no moar happauge for moi... :(
user problem~ :(

creative11112004

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Why have we not done so?

Thank you mum.
my house also still using CRT TVs

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig this up, but are there any local solutions that have both DVB-T2 and analog together?

The Blackgold version looks interesting, but believe there isn't any software available for the card (you'll need Media Center?)

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig this up, but are there any local solutions that have both DVB-T2 and analog together?

The Blackgold version looks interesting, but believe there isn't any software available for the card (you'll need Media Center?)

For cards to have both DVB-T2 and analog together will probably be difficult, or expensive. Try to tahan in the meantime until DVB-T2 signals are broadcast lor. :o

As for Blackgold, if u dun want to use Media Center, u can also use NextPVR.

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Err am using HVR-3000 for donkey years now - if u dun like the bundled software NPVR plays very nice with Hauppauge ;) Am using with another card in a multi tuner set up w/o issue ^^
Untitled-1683.jpg
I'd stick to multi tuners in NPVR when update to DVB-T2

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Err am using HVR-3000 for donkey years now - if u dun like the bundled software NPVR plays very nice with Hauppauge ;) Am using with another card in a multi tuner set up w/o issue ^^
Untitled-1683.jpg
I'd stick to multi tuners in NPVR when update to DVB-T2

Can u teach me how to use Hauppauge analog tuner in NPVR ah? I tried the SoftPVR method, and also the normal "install WinTV 7" method, after which I got the NPVR to detect the analog device. I scanned and got the channels, but I still can't view the channels via LiveTV, or record the channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.