Not open for further replies.

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to get windows media centre working after the windows 10 anniversary update for Geniatech T230C usb tv stick?

I end up having to install the totalmedia 3.5 it came with to watch tv a seperate piece of software.

at lease with wmc its a portable exe file

DeathAlive

Reaction score
Ya i think i will get that instead.

DVB T2 receiver Geniatech T230C DVB-T2/DVB-T USB TV Stick for Russia Thailand Singapore

Fully Compliant with DVB-T2: EN302 755 (v1.1.1, v1.2.1, v1.3.1)

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya i think i will get that instead.

DVB T2 receiver Geniatech T230C DVB-T2/DVB-T USB TV Stick for Russia Thailand Singapore

Fully Compliant with DVB-T2: EN302 755 (v1.1.1, v1.2.1, v1.3.1)

Do take note that T230 is an old product with very limited support even from their own manufacturer. Also there are limited DVB software available that work well with this TV stick without going BSOD.

FYI, I also have this product but rather stick to IPTV using Kodi + addon.

sonicboyz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is there any good and affordable usb DVB-T2 stick can recommend?

Mike_Lim

Reaction score
My PC just moved from one room to another, and in the new room, don't have the TV outlet on the wall.

Since my PCIe card is the old Avermedia M135, which cannot support DVB-T2, i am thinking of buying a new PCIe card that uses antenna, as the old one needs to connect via the TV Coaxial RF cable.

I saw online the PCI-E card is around $90
http://www.videopro.com.sg/products/product_info.php?cPath=137_237&products_id=14515
Avermedia Nova
Not an expert.
I am using TBS6281 dual tuner PCI-E card with antenna sticking out of the window. Card has been replaced with TBS6281SE. Pretty stable so far in Windows 10.
For your consideration.

Believe someone (Kiwi8?) had issues with the TBS PCI-E quad tuner. For that price, you can consider Hauppauge QuadHD.

Last edited:

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO unless one needs multiple tuner on a single device PCIe is the way to go? However nowadays with mITX systems and SFFs getting more mainstream where motherboard does not have a PCI-e slot USB is the way to go. My HTPC also multiple tuners with 2 x USB DVB-T2/C tuners (Geniatech T230 + Hauppauge 292E) Windows 7 64 + NPVR/WMCE no issues since day 1 ^^

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sonicboyz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Someone already review this TV stick before but hard to tell if it's the same one as appearance can be misleading.

Check with seller if it does support DVB-T2 standard 1.3.1.

ya thats my worry

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya thats my worry

Well, Lazada do provide Buyer Protection so can always return within 7 days if you're not happy with the product (false adverting).

The thing with buying from Lazada is that there is no easy way to contact the sellers regarding product inquiry.

sonicboyz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Well, Lazada do provide Buyer Protection so can always return within 7 days if you're not happy with the product (false adverting).

The thing with buying from Lazada is that there is no easy way to contact the sellers regarding product inquiry.

precisely, btw what will be the impact if the usb stick is not Fully Compliant with v1.3.1?

calvinkwoo3000

Reaction score
Can any expert can advise on my situation?

I bought a new TV with Digital TV ready and i plan to install it at Living room and move my old TV(non-Digital TV) to my master bedroom.

My master bedroom do not have wall plug.
I plan to using DVB-T2 antenna for my old TV in my master bedroom.
Can i use starhub set up box together with DVB-T2 antenna without plug to wall plug?
Or i have to buy another set up box with DVB T2 antenna for my old TV?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can any expert can advise on my situation?

I bought a new TV with Digital TV ready and i plan to install it at Living room and move my old TV(non-Digital TV) to my master bedroom.

My master bedroom do not have wall plug.
I plan to using DVB-T2 antenna for my old TV in my master bedroom.
Can i use starhub set up box together with DVB-T2 antenna without plug to wall plug?
Or i have to buy another set up box with DVB T2 antenna for my old TV?

No, SH STB only has DVB-C tuner, you need a STB with DVB-T2 tuner for your old TV set.

STB = Set Top Box

KuroI-Kaze

Master Member
Reaction score
Can I check with the experts here,

I just got myself a Sony 40R350D, specs stated got DVB-T2 but as this is the first time Im using such TV I am not sure what else I need for it to work.

Please advise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.