*Official* Forex Trading thread.

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,865
Reaction score
2,886
Forex Trading Journey

Wtf! Power!!!

Profit/Loss (Realised)
30/06/16 - 30/06/17: [2016 ROI 27.61%: S$4003.67]
31/07/17: S$1264.09
31/08/17: S$5806.60
18/09/17: S$2700.01

My intention is not to hao lian but for friendly competition and share my journey.

My cut off month for computation is June as this is the month that I started electronic trading officially in 2016. Before that I punt physical cash at money changers. USD and CHF.

You can see the ROI for 2016 is quite modest as compared to Jul, Aug and Sep 2017. That is because I started standard lot punting from Jul 2017 onwards. Have traded with only mini lots previously.

This is the part that I did not include previously but have already offset from total profits. So that means without these losses my profit will be a little higher.

05/07/16: -S$317.75 (Forex GBP/USD, NZD/USD)
18/04/17: -S$795.44 (Forex GBP/USD)


Additional info for the nosey folks. Lifetime investment losses including Forex is close to S$20,000.

In the first 1-2 months it was a very nerve wrecking period because I was trying to figure out how margin trading works and at the same time learn all the trading fundamentals. Over time I slowly have a grasp and understand on the dos and don'ts.

In the beginning I was losing money because humji when see position drop to negative few hundred bucks I quickly cut loss. Only to see the position recover eventually over time. Can be days, weeks, months. Then I have a crazy idea. NO STOP LOSS. Try it and see how. And so here I am today typing this now. :s13:

Posting my trading performance is a good way for me to ownself check ownself. And most importantly posting out those losses is a good reminder to continue to ban myself from trading the cursed GBP! Pui pui pui! :D

Not trying to sound too preachy but I want to say this again. Capital preservation is the top priority. Gradual capital appreciation over time is better than one time windfall because you will get complacent with euphoria.
 
Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,865
Reaction score
2,886
Mai Jump Lah!

Got any temple to recommend near bedok? After eat can jump

If want to jump into water, better not eat beforehand. Last time we were taught not to eat before swimming as tummy will be painful. Haha.

greedy0011.jpg


:s13:
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,865
Reaction score
2,886
EUR/USD

Those who are thinking to long EUR/USD from 1.20 level better think thrice.

Once traders take profit the drop will be at least 100 pips.
 

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top