*Official* Forex Trading thread.

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,854
Reaction score
2,878
Profit taking now. Think next session in NY will show some trends. Then flip Prata.

Yes agree some profit taking in place by London traders. :s13:

Trend reversal maybe around 9:30pm SGT due to US data release.

Re-enter USD/JPY LONG position below ¥118 seems less risky.

USD/CAD flip prata also damn fast! :eek:
 
Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,854
Reaction score
2,878
Patient pays......

Trading should never be about chasing..... As Jack Schwager says......

Trading can really train our mind focus power and patience. Also teaches us to be humble. One mountain is higher than another mountain. :s13:

Whenever I am "fragging" during major data releases the feeling is like reaching the state of nirvana. Extinguishing all fear. Hahaha! :D
 
Last edited:

Daimon

Banned
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
10,301
Reaction score
0
Trading can really train our mind focus power and patience. Also teaches us to be humble. One mountain is higher than another mountain. :s13:

Whenever I am "fragging" during major data releases the feeling is like reaching the state of nirvana. Hahaha! :D

I learned that there are obvious sucker traps to avoid however seductive.
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,854
Reaction score
2,878
I learned that there are obvious sucker traps to avoid however seductive.

Always have sucker bull or bear rally. Takes experience and most importantly is timing during the course of the day. More important than TA analysis. :s13:
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,854
Reaction score
2,878
I am still trying to learn to flex my mind quickly from long to short.

This is under trend reversal training. I am still getting the hang of it. Most people will use pivot point.

Anyway there is no so call standard operating procedure in trading. Otherwise everyone will be superstar trader liao. What I figure out was when you just started out you are less experience and thus rely on gut feel. Gut feel is a subconcious in your physcology. As you become more experience you rely more on TA anaylsis but this can only get you so far.

When I just started out I was making more pips than now. As I go along become more and more kiasi and careful.

End of the day we must have a good mix of TA analysis and gut feel to make successful trades.

Let me give you guys one example. Look at M1 chart now for USD/JPY. One long red candle at 8:24pm. Most people will open LONG position and BUY. As you can see in the next 10 minutes many traders are buying the dip. But if you have experience you will know it is still going down. There are many long red candles since 7:45pm. It is down trend until probably at 9:30pm the trend may reverse.

Another one of my motto is TIME IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. :D
 
Last edited:

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
This is under trend reversal training. I am still getting the hang of it. Most people will use pivot point.

Anyway there is no so call standard operating procedure in trading. Otherwise everyone will be superstar trader liao. What I figure out was when you just started out you are less experience and thus rely on gut feel. Gut feel is a subconcious in your physcology. As you become more experience you rely more on TA anaylsis but this can only get you so far.

When I just started out I was making more pips than now. As I go along become more and more kiasi and careful.

End of the day we must have a good mix of TA analysis and gut feel to make successful trades.

Let me give you guys one example. Look at M1 chart now for USD/JPY. One long red candle at 8:24pm. Most people will open LONG position and BUY. AS you can see in the next 10 minutes many traders are buying the dip. But if you have experience you will know it is still going down.

for this case the pivot point at 115.1, R1 and R2 also below 116, so can only use support line ?
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,854
Reaction score
2,878
USD/JPY

for this case the pivot point at 115.1, R1 and R2 also below 116, so can only use support line ?

Pivot point way off. 300 pips away. Only can use physcological barrier as reference.

Due to the volatility since 3am TA is haywire liao. :s13:
 

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
Pivot point way off. 300 pips away. Only can use physcological barrier as reference.

Due to the volatility since 3am TA is haywire liao. :s13:

:s13: ya, so far away, so can only use moving average and longer time frame to look at support and resistance
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,854
Reaction score
2,878
may be can consider to open another account to put as long term long on USDJPY :s13:

My IG demo account USDJPY now profit 33K :eek: (3131000 Yen)

Mini or micro lot contract?

When not playing with real money sure more daring! :s13:

Anyway just open USD/JPY LONG position at ¥118.071. Lao sai. Open what pair also lao sai. :(
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top