Its kinda odd that this thread has now kinda change its chatter to TV. But I too am considering also, so I'll chime in
However, my consideration points are
1. For gaming (1st) since its in my study room
2. Occasional Netflix/Apple TV
Thus, must haves
- Size: 55' 4K
- HDMI 2.1
- Variable Refresh Rate
- eARC
- 4k/120hz
- Around budget $1k (not gonna spend on OLED as I assume true blacks are good mainly for movies)
Kinda narrowed down to 2 choices on Carousell really
1. TCL QLED 55R635 ($950)
- 1 year warranty by parallel importer
- ROKU OS, not sure if it works in SG despite ROKU having one of the best OS with all apps
2. Samsung QLED 55Q70T ($1,200)
- 3 years warranty
- Tizen OS, with all apps supported
Will prob wait for the Samsung QLED Q70T to drop price further then go in for it.