[Official] Playstation 5

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,691
Reaction score
3,284
Is PS5 pro worth it for you guys?

looking to play lies of P, and upcoming nioh 3, code vein. Have ps5 currently
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,691
Reaction score
3,284
My preorder unit was 1069 🤣

i purposely went hunting in almost all game stores in city area for disc drive that time, it was 159. Not sure if u can get cheaper with 8/8
I see lol. I don’t need disc drive as all my games are digital. Anyway just bought 1x ps5 pro to see how good it is. I have 6x Ps5 and 1x Ps5 pro
 

hotspur_77

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
6,404
Reaction score
509
Quite worth it for my case, coz ffvii rebirth running on ps5 pro looks so much better/smoother than ps5, the same applies to some games that i tried
 

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,282
Reaction score
5,662
Speaking of which......there seems to be a secret Soulslike game that FromSoft is actually developing. Tiagong is Dark Souls 3 Remake......more "YOU DIED" coming...


Seems to run very poorly on the base PS5, native resolution can go down to 540p DRS and the frame rate is not even locked at 60.

I played this on my PC and it was "alright", but there was still the occasional UE5 judder even on a high end PC. I think the devs really didnt make an effort to optimise the game, which is a shame since the game has some interesting ideas but the execution is so poor. Very poor optimisation coupled with a few game breaking design decisions made this a bad experience for me.
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271


Seems to run very poorly on the base PS5, native resolution can go down to 540p DRS and the frame rate is not even locked at 60.

I played this on my PC and it was "alright", but there was still the occasional UE5 judder even on a high end PC. I think the devs really didnt make an effort to optimise the game, which is a shame since the game has some interesting ideas but the execution is so poor. Very poor optimisation coupled with a few game breaking design decisions made this a bad experience for me.

What a lost opportunity!

Argh...game breaking some more...sorry to hear that. Basically, I guess have to wait for subsequent patches for fix the issues. Like Lords of the Fallen.....runs so badly when it was first released.
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
Sidetracking....for the Soulslike fans...I'm not sure if you guys have tried Another Crab's Treasure. (added to the Catalogue recently) I have always wanted to play it.

Cartoonish, humorous, fun Soulslike but disguised well with challenging gameplay. Of course not as challenging (maybe first boss, starting enemies) as the other Soulslike but good enough for now. I'm at the first location, much exploration, npcs, items, locations to discover.

And the one below is just an optional boss. Basic? Maybe not. It will guillotine you (i.e. instant death) if you fail to dodge the "red attacks" and you have to dodge at the right moments if not get punished. No stamina bar but intense enough. So fun I can't put my DS down!

 

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
7,251
Reaction score
181
Sony got promo on Dualsense and PS5 systems right now. Just bought the Pearl White Dualsense from Challenger.
 

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
7,251
Reaction score
181
PS Plus 15th Anniversary Avatar

PS-Plus-15th-Anniversary-Avatar.jpg


HRK4-G9LC-LHLC

Code valid until 10 September

I assume each user is given a code of their own? Mine is different from yours.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top