[Official] Playstation 5

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,692
Reaction score
3,283


Just purchased a new Gigabyte Aorus FI32U 32 inch 4K 144hz monitor and also replaced my Aktimate Blue speakers with Sonos Beam Gen 2 soundbar for my room setup. Now my room setup is complete.

I am able to fit my PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch Oled, PC, Sonos sound bar as well as a candle lamp onto my table space (my pc has be place on the drawer shelf as it’s too heavy).

I am glad I had picked this Aorus FI32U instead of the LG27GP950. Lost out 26hz but I had gained a bigger screen. It’s my first time using a soundbar for my setup as well. Since my whole house is setup using Sonos products so why not a Sonos Beam Gen 2 for my setup.



I had wrapped my PS5 and Nintendo Switch OLED with cyberpunk samurai skins. Waiting for the custom cyberpunk skin wrap for my Halo Infinite Xbox which is wrapped in pure white skin.

How is the Sonos beam 2 for pc use?
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
Nice, so how do you output the sound of your ps5 and Xbox etc to Sonos beam 2?
My ps5 and xbox is actually not hooked to my monitor. My monitor is purely for PC usage. Both consoles are connected to my TV in my room. I got a 65 inch oled, using a HDMI spiltter to connect to it.

Sonos beam is purely for PC usage, my room TV is using sonos play bar and sub.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,692
Reaction score
3,283
My ps5 and xbox is actually not hooked to my monitor. My monitor is purely for PC usage. Both consoles are connected to my TV in my room. I got a 65 inch oled, using a HDMI spiltter to connect to it.

Sonos beam is purely for PC usage, my room TV is using sonos play bar and sub.
Oh lol. I see… I may consider getting Sonos beam 2 for pc, my Mac mini internal speaker sucks, so maybe gonna just connect my edifier e25 Luna eclipse to it 3.5mm.

how to connect Sonos beam 2 to pc? Which type of connection you using, how is the performance for pc gaming etc.
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
Oh lol. I see… I may consider getting Sonos beam 2 for pc, my Mac mini internal speaker sucks, so maybe gonna just connect my edifier e25 Luna eclipse to it 3.5mm.

how to connect Sonos beam 2 to pc? Which type of connection you using, how is the performance for pc gaming etc.
Go for beam 1 if u want. more budget. I connect it via HDMI to optical convertor which it came with. my whole house using sonos, sonos arc atmos 5.2 living room, bedroom play bar 2.1 and getting beam to have the same eco system which works damn good.

I wanted to save desk space also as the desk is just 1.3m in length, previously was using sonos amp with passive speakers which took up large amount of desk space.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,692
Reaction score
3,283
Go for beam 1 if u want. more budget. I connect it via HDMI to optical convertor which it came with. my whole house using sonos, sonos arc atmos 5.2 living room, bedroom play bar 2.1 and getting beam to have the same eco system which works damn good.

I wanted to save desk space also as the desk is just 1.3m in length, previously was using sonos amp with passive speakers which took up large amount of desk space.
Nice, will consider this suggestion, thanks a lot!
 

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
14,473
Reaction score
2,045


Just purchased a new Gigabyte Aorus FI32U 32 inch 4K 144hz monitor and also replaced my Aktimate Blue speakers with Sonos Beam Gen 2 soundbar for my room setup. Now my room setup is complete.

I am able to fit my PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch Oled, PC, Sonos sound bar as well as a candle lamp onto my table space (my pc has be place on the drawer shelf as it’s too heavy).

I am glad I had picked this Aorus FI32U instead of the LG27GP950. Lost out 26hz but I had gained a bigger screen. It’s my first time using a soundbar for my setup as well. Since my whole house is setup using Sonos products so why not a Sonos Beam Gen 2 for my setup.



I had wrapped my PS5 and Nintendo Switch OLED with cyberpunk samurai skins. Waiting for the custom cyberpunk skin wrap for my Halo Infinite Xbox which is wrapped in pure white skin.

Hi there.
I thought of buying a Sono sound bar for my bed room too.
How was the beam 2 in terms of bass and sound quality? Need to buy a subwoofer?
And how was the sono arc?
Tempted to switch to Sono after my sony soundbar gave way.
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
Hi there.
I thought of buying a Sono sound bar for my bed room too.
How was the beam 2 in terms of bass and sound quality? Need to buy a subwoofer?
And how was the sono arc?
Tempted to switch to Sono after my sony soundbar gave way.
Beam for pc usage is more than enough. the lows are more than enough for close usage No need for sub. The sub in my room is paired with my playbar which works better as it’s meant for movie watching.

To answer your question. If I solely using beam for room tv usage, I would suggest add a sub. It’s big but it’s not ugly. Can easily blend into the surrounding.

My living room is running Sonos arc with pair of play 1 and a pair of sub. Dual sub really damn good. The bass is tight and precise. Now I might consider to sell off my play 1 to get play 3 as surrounds. No need for play 5 as the speakers are literally just beside the sofa, I don’t want to go deaf haha.
 

TLJQxx

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Whats the best way to get a ps5? I just decided to get a ps5 since pc gaming is starting to become boring for me haha.. any tips?
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,692
Reaction score
3,283
Beam for pc usage is more than enough. the lows are more than enough for close usage No need for sub. The sub in my room is paired with my playbar which works better as it’s meant for movie watching.

To answer your question. If I solely using beam for room tv usage, I would suggest add a sub. It’s big but it’s not ugly. Can easily blend into the surrounding.

My living room is running Sonos arc with pair of play 1 and a pair of sub. Dual sub really damn good. The bass is tight and precise. Now I might consider to sell off my play 1 to get play 3 as surrounds. No need for play 5 as the speakers are literally just beside the sofa, I don’t want to go deaf haha.
Wa Sibei gian to buy full Sonos setup next time, arc + sub… but so expensive lol.

currently using LG SN11RG and SN9YG with my lg 65gx and 65cx.

my pc setup is 48 C1 + edifier S2000 pro, connected via optical to tv, aux to pc so can use 1 pair of speaker for both tv and pc.

just bought LG 55C1 + SP9YA sound bar ytd …. 899 for full set including surrounding speakers and sub. Sonos beam 2 itself is 799… maybe I will get it down the road to pair with my pc/55GX
 
Last edited:

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
alot of nice games nowadays but nothing revolutionary...maybe need to wait for unreal engine 5 games.
Yeah, meanwhile just enjoy whatever is coming soon. HFW, Elden R, etc.

Revolutionary............it will come, it will come soon...exciting times ahead. 🎮🎮🎮

 

Deathshadow

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
493
Reaction score
287
Yeah, meanwhile just enjoy whatever is coming soon. HFW, Elden R, etc.

Revolutionary............it will come, it will come soon...exciting times ahead. 🎮🎮🎮


The Matrix Awakens tech demo (Free on PlayStation Store) shows the potential of what these consoles are capable of.

Although the car chase set-piece is linear, highly scripted & has very basic gameplay, the real-time graphics & visual fidelity is impressive. A generational leap.

In the open world city, turn off the Matrix Filter. It looks better without the green hue. Night Mode can also be toggle on/off at the yellow markers on the map.

 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
Wa Sibei gian to buy full Sonos setup next time, arc + sub… but so expensive lol.

currently using LG SN11RG and SN9YG with my lg 65gx and 65cx.

my pc setup is 48 C1 + edifier S2000 pro, connected via optical to tv, aux to pc so can use 1 pair of speaker for both tv and pc.

just bought LG 55C1 + SP9YA sound bar ytd …. 899 for full set including surrounding speakers and sub. Sonos beam 2 itself is 799… maybe I will get it down the road to pair with my pc/55GX
I had paid 1090 for the sub and 720 for the beam 2. Some shops able to nego if u try. My first sub Gen 2 I paid around $1080. Second sub Gen 3 I had paid around $1100 with extended warranty in July. But since then the sub prices went up by $100. The sub i bought last week cost me $1090 without extended warranty.

sonos is not really the top of the range for home audio but the price u paid for it is well worth the price. I love how easy it is to setup and how it synchronizes with all my speakers at home.

i just bought a pair of Play 3 to upgrade my play 1s. Will test out tml. Play 3 is a very old speaker but I don’t need play 5s as my rear speakers are literally beside my sofas by the wall.

my setup is:
Living room: Samsung 65inch Neo Qled QN90A
Sonos arc + 2 X Sonos play 3s + 2 X Sonos sub

Bedroom: LG 65inch C7T OLED
Sonos Playbar + Sonos Sub

PC:
Sonos Beam 2
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,692
Reaction score
3,283
I had paid 1090 for the sub and 720 for the beam 2. Some shops able to nego if u try. My first sub Gen 2 I paid around $1080. Second sub Gen 3 I had paid around $1100 with extended warranty in July. But since then the sub prices went up by $100. The sub i bought last week cost me $1090 without extended warranty.

sonos is not really the top of the range for home audio but the price u paid for it is well worth the price. I love how easy it is to setup and how it synchronizes with all my speakers at home.

i just bought a pair of Play 3 to upgrade my play 1s. Will test out tml. Play 3 is a very old speaker but I don’t need play 5s as my rear speakers are literally beside my sofas by the wall.

my setup is:
Living room: Samsung 65inch Neo Qled QN90A
Sonos arc + 2 X Sonos play 3s + 2 X Sonos sub

Bedroom: LG 65inch C7T OLED
Sonos Playbar + Sonos Sub

PC:
Sonos Beam 2
Wa your Sonos gear setup quite fierce. Yeah agree Sonos isn’t anywhere near audiophile quality. The only thing I don’t like about the lg 65CX is the Low stand, if I get arc sure block the tv by quite a lot, so think before that need to go and buy something to elevate the CX first. Heard many positive reviews about the Sonos sub… tempting lol. But now broke Sian but maybe 1 -2 years down the road I will get.
 

TLJQxx

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
am thinking of importing a ps5 from china, what happens if the ps5 has problems? can i bring to a repair shop here?
 

Fingolfin

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
am thinking of importing a ps5 from china, what happens if the ps5 has problems? can i bring to a repair shop here?
Frankly, the issue is whether the shops have parts to repair with at all. The shortage of PS5 units likely extends to the parts as well.
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
The Matrix Awakens tech demo (Free on PlayStation Store) shows the potential of what these consoles are capable of.

Although the car chase set-piece is linear, highly scripted & has very basic gameplay, the real-time graphics & visual fidelity is impressive. A generational leap.

In the open world city, turn off the Matrix Filter. It looks better without the green hue. Night Mode can also be toggle on/off at the yellow markers on the map.


Thanks for the SIC - I didn't know there's a tech demo to try.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top