I have faced similar situation such as you and what I'll do in your stead.
Mine may have too many moving parts, but with IB and no minimum fees local trading platforms, it is manageable.
1. Anything you see that is large amount and potential dangerous such as Yangzijiang. I will sell at least halve. Since I have no idea whether it'll go up or down.
2. I'll stop buying STI etf. Instead, if cost is low or no minimum fees such as SCB priority, of equal amounts of ocbc, uob, dbs, mapletree reits-logistics, industrial and commericial. They work beautifully diversifying each other but will crash together...I just don't like having shares like SIA or Singpost or Singtel in STI.
Also since you are into leverage...the REITs are effectively leveraged products and I think they should not be more than 20 percent of your equity component.
If cost is too high, simply STI ETF but have a lower asset allocation to it maybe no more than 40 percent of your equity component.
3. I'll sell all small ones using trading platforms that has no min. trading fees.
4. I won't carry on having SWRD, but prefer VWRD due to USD and liquidity. But rather choose IWDA or VUSD due to the emerging component to me is akin to holding to Singapore stocks.
In fact I would rather hold VUSD, as I need more tech stocks in VUSD as growth, as I believe in the barbell strategy, while your singapore stocks really is merely a dividend helping you to keep your mind sane from crashes and being happy when the dividend arrives all keeping you sane following the strategy.
5. As for bonds, no matter what you have read or heard. In big crashes, all safe haven bonds will crash together with equity and this has happened in GFC and recently as well. Do you need more headaches ?
6. Since you are more steady with your mind and have a long term strategy, I personally would ignore the bonds, the REITs will provide good diversification and counters the banks and growth assets in normal circumstances,
Cash is still a diversifier after all, and it grows with interest rate rise, while your other assets are likely to go down in the event of any interest rate rise.
7. However, if cash amount is too large. I'll consider A35, taking note that it is not a liquid product but provides pretty good diversification and time frame has to be 3 years or more. MBH also suffers from illiquidity and crashing with everything else in a crisis, but can be considered if you wish to up your equity risk. After all, to me its a quasi equity/bond mixed.
Better to keep life simple and focus on equity only, and super safe fixed income such as A35 separately as a ballast serving to keep your mind sane in bad events.
Due to the costly nature of buying Singapore bond etfs unless you use FSMone with 100k as silver member. I would rather buy IDTL from LSE via IB but at a much smaller scale of 1/5. It works beautifully for the last 2 years for me as long you don't hold way too much until your portfolio only prospers in crashes but never in prosperity.
Do note USD is also a diversifier and probably a much more reliable ballast than the bonds in a crisis. The USD is embedded in IDTL and you are faced with pure currency risk in a good way as a ballast.
8. Again....always remember, in severe crisis, bonds will just falter together with equity and gold. I personally would rather fall upon risk mitigating DCA and CASH in SGD. At least, when equity crashes, you expect them to crash.
ADVICE REQUIRED FROM THE PROS
Reaching out to all the pros here for advice because I just did my own portfolio review today.
Context:
I am a 31 years old new investor who only recently started really reading into different investment strategies before deciding on adopting the three fund portfolio to start. Till date, I've invested around 20K SGD to SWRD.
My intention in the stock market is to reap as much returns as I can before I hit the age of 35 years old to make up for time lost in my 20s, and then revert back to just ETF trades.
However, even before I really read into these, I already started investing through hearsay i.e. you should buy this stock now because it's low!
What shocked me was that my portfolio now consists of a random mixture of ETFs and single stocks.
---
!