For me, I don't care whether dip or rise. But as long as I konw for sure it will dip further, I hold for the moment. In the case of COVID, most countries still shows no sign of recovery, a very big telltale that the stock will remain or dip even lower until we start to see some recovery. Can't say if it will work in other recession case like GFC or not. But at least we have seen that fastest sign of recovery is at least 2-3 weeks after effective lockdown (South Korea). Holding DCA will also means more ammo to unload once it dips lower.
But of course nothing is 100%, if one day a drug/vaccine is announce, we will be chasing after the boat. Or if there is a burst of transmission even after the infection in stable, there will be more dips.
Beware bro, you might get flamed from the people here by trying to time the market





