Official Shiny Things thread—Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan_nalla

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2010
Messages
388
Reaction score
0
Probably a dumb question- but anyone happens to know if there's a way I can subscribe to Company Announcements etc. for local companies?

Might have missed it but I don't see such an option available on sgx.com
 

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
6,282
Reaction score
518
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-club-part-2-a-5813566-551.html#post124455880

I've added the FSMOne ETF RSP for local equity and bond ETFs to the comparison spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BqIhbYNJF7VJbtj6PS08Csbyx1s4vs_03Kvh0pPRUCI/view
-- let me know if you find any errors in it!

hi all, is this spreedsheet still a good starting point?
i have so many unused account, i just closed my FSM account in march ><"
i only have my SCB account now

since this post was in part II, i can't Quote it anymore
 

sleepingcat

Master Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
73
i know the answer :s13:

if $200-400, was told to go for POSB
if $500 and above, go for FSM.

yes, i have already link my CDP under FSM

So I should apply for POSB? Btw I only managed to find DBS Vickers from googling "posb trading account", are they the same?

What if sometimes feel like investing more than $400.. will it cost alot more?
 
Last edited:

kram62

Senior Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
852
Reaction score
36
Probably a dumb question- but anyone happens to know if there's a way I can subscribe to Company Announcements etc. for local companies?

Might have missed it but I don't see such an option available on sgx.com
I receive company notifications from the SGX official app after adding the company to my favourite list inside the app.

For example :

vtiwL1Kl.png
 

cassowary18

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
1,819
Reaction score
201
So I should apply for POSB? Btw I only managed to find DBS Vickers from googling "posb trading account", are they the same?

What if sometimes feel like investing more than $400.. will it cost alot more?

What you should be searching is "POSB Invest Saver". That is their regular savings plan.

Between FSMOne and POSB, FSMOne is cheaper at $200 per month or more.

Why not?

I’m looking to dca non sg etf

DCA is a very broad term. You can DCA weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly etc. It just means you regularly invest without caring about timing.

If you're insistent on investing monthly, then go with IBKR.
 
Last edited:

Kaypohji

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
8,065
Reaction score
181
Yea looking at dca monthly
Weekly is too frequent

Thanks

What you should be searching is "POSB Invest Saver". That is their regular savings plan.

Between FSMOne and POSB, FSMOne is cheaper at $200 per month or more.



DCA is a very broad term. You can DCA weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly etc. It just means you regularly invest without caring about timing.

If you're insistent on investing monthly, then go with IBKR.
 

jhyeo_

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
0

rikukoh

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2014
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hello!

Just a question that popped through my mind while scrolling!

While our portfolio is likely to increase year on year, what is the cap on how much should we invest in overseas markets? (IWDA) I mean, like is there a certain amount whereby it becomes taxable to a point where the rate of returns are getting lesser till there is no point in investing in overseas market anymore?

Also, unds that Singapore dividends/investments are non-taxable, hence this wouldn't be a problem. Do correct me if im wrong!

Just curious! Please share your views/answers! :):s13:

Cheers,
Riku
 

psyfy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
76
Reaction score
2
Take a look up thread. I asked ST about it. The main gist is that Ray Dalio is trying to preserve his wealth over generations, but you're just saving up over a lifetime. So you can (and should) take more risks with the 3 fund portfolio.

Thing is, over a multi decade period the AWP returns are impressive when compared to the bogleheads 3 fund portfolio advocated here. My view is when I am nearing retirement I will switch to the AWP to reduce volatility and still maintain positive gains.

In my accumulation phase I will focus more on simplicity and maximum equity exposure so will stick to the portfolio allocation suggested by ST.
 
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
491
Reaction score
43
"Thank you for taking time to complete the Customer Account Review ("CAR") evaluation. Based on your responses, you have been assessed not to possess the investment knowledge and experience for the purchase of certain types of investment products such as exchange traded funds or listed equities traded on an exchange outside Singapore (Listed SIPs)*.

As a result, we regret to inform you that you will not be able to continue purchase of Listed SIPs*. However, you can still continue to trade in Singapore-listed equities and sell existing Listed SIPs holdings through our Online Trading Platform

If you have any further queries, please call our 24-hour (Monday to Friday) Online Trading Service Line at 1800 242 5333 (+65 6242 5333 from overseas) for assistance.

*For example: Exchange traded funds or listed equities traded on an exchange outside Singapore"

Tried to get SWRD but I had to do CAR and I got this. Any way to get it? Already transferred SGD to USD account.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,735
Reaction score
2,326
"Thank you for taking time to complete the Customer Account Review ("CAR") evaluation. Based on your responses, you have been assessed not to possess the investment knowledge and experience for the purchase of certain types of investment products such as exchange traded funds or listed equities traded on an exchange outside Singapore (Listed SIPs)*.

As a result, we regret to inform you that you will not be able to continue purchase of Listed SIPs*. However, you can still continue to trade in Singapore-listed equities and sell existing Listed SIPs holdings through our Online Trading Platform

If you have any further queries, please call our 24-hour (Monday to Friday) Online Trading Service Line at 1800 242 5333 (+65 6242 5333 from overseas) for assistance.

*For example: Exchange traded funds or listed equities traded on an exchange outside Singapore"

Tried to get SWRD but I had to do CAR and I got this. Any way to get it? Already transferred SGD to USD account.
Did you actually select no to all the qns in CAR?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top