[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,263
Reaction score
12,282
Finally the CS replied today and just managed to recontract at the same price of $15.28 with following inclusions:

340GB, 1,000 mins, 500 SMS, FREE Caller ID for 1st 12 mths, FREE 12 months 5G access, Free 50GB DataRoam Monthly Malaysia (12 mth), Free SCAM Protect. Nothing special I guess.

FYI, I didn't had any link to sign up from, the CS processed on his end through WhatsApp chat

Thanks for the report.

So it is better to ignore the special recontract link and talk to Singtel directly (eg: through WhatsApp Singtel).

Interesting. This is a reverse of the previous situation (click the link and not to talk to Singtel at 1688 or WhatsApp).
 

lambda3

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
15
Finally the CS replied today and just managed to recontract at the same price of $15.28 with following inclusions:

340GB, 1,000 mins, 500 SMS, FREE Caller ID for 1st 12 mths, FREE 12 months 5G access, Free 50GB DataRoam Monthly Malaysia (12 mth), Free SCAM Protect. Nothing special I guess.

FYI, I didn't had any link to sign up from, the CS processed on his end through WhatsApp chat
did your promotion end date reset from 2028 to 2027 after the renewal? I'm thinking if I should give it a try, but dont want to shorten the 2028 extension.
 

Sendhalpp

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
Messages
64
Reaction score
13
did your promotion end date reset from 2028 to 2027 after the renewal? I'm thinking if I should give it a try, but dont want to shorten the 2028 extension.
I didn't see any 2028 extension. Mine was originally expiring tmr and they didn't do anything previously. Only today I recontract, then my 2026 expiring one changed to 2027
 

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,424
Reaction score
482
Singtel still sending $20.37 plan to me even though I am on $19.25 enhanced plan

SlBmcxo.jpeg
 

JerSss

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
34
Singtel still sending $20.37 plan to me even though I am on $19.25 enhanced plan

SlBmcxo.jpeg
I'm on the $15.28 plan which ends on 6 Dec. Recently received the same notification as above from My Singtel app. This evening I received a SMS that has <ADV> and offer to recontract to the Enhanced Lite plan at $19.25. While I was checking my email a short while ago, there was a <ADV> email (received this evening) with my mobile number, also offering the $19.25 plan. Email did not mention Enhanced Lite but clicking on the recontract link took me to the Enhanced Lite plan at $19.25. Will have to see whether they allow a recontract at $15.28 in Nov.
 

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
40,529
Reaction score
3,164
Finally the CS replied today and just managed to recontract at the same price of $15.28 with following inclusions:

340GB, 1,000 mins, 500 SMS, FREE Caller ID for 1st 12 mths, FREE 12 months 5G access, Free 50GB DataRoam Monthly Malaysia (12 mth), Free SCAM Protect. Nothing special I guess.

FYI, I didn't had any link to sign up from, the CS processed on his end through WhatsApp chat


nice!
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,263
Reaction score
12,282
Interestingly I just noticed (from the bill dated 22 August 2026 first and later the latest service agreement) that my first S$15.28 line (recontract on 3 July 2026, contract to end on 2 July 2027) also got the extension to 6 July 2028 for the following three items.
1) S$15.28 discount (it will still be S$15.28 per month after contract ends)
2) Free 5G Access
3) Free Caller ID

It has the extra 120GB data with no expire date added on 6 July 2026.

So I could use this line till 6 July 2028 if recontract was rejected next year. I will have 160GB local data in that case, but I will lose 50GB Malaysia Roaming.

Somehow I did not notice the extension even though I noticed the data was 370GB instead of 340 GB.

I actually got the updated service agreement on 20 August 2026 because I needed to remove the 6GB Malaysia Roaming add-on which was left over from previous contract and I had to contact SingTel to waive the S$16 charges. But I did not read properly the dates at that time.

I did not noticed that the older "DataRoam Malaysia Monthly (6GB)" add-on was still effective in the new recontract. I only noticed yesterday after receiving the latest bill as there is a charge of S$16.

Just contacted SingTel to get it waived.

So whenever you sign up or recontract a SingTel service (mobile, Fibre Internet, TV), make sure you review the add-ons and cancel those not necessary ones immediately.

BTW, the 50GB Malaysia Roaming data is called "Bundled Roaming Malaysia (50GB) 12 months".

********
Hi Sir. As checked, we can now proceed to waive DataRoam Malaysia Monthly (6GB) $16.00 on your number -xxxx. In future, may check your Service Agreement so you can remove the add ons on or before promo end date to avoid incurring future charges.
********

I have two S$15.28 plan lines.

Recently renewed (contract will end on 2 July 2027): 370GB local data, 50GB Malaysia roaming data. I can see there is a 120GB local data add-on. I rememeber it was supposed to be 340GB local data. But no use to me as I never really use over 50GB.

Another line (used by my wife) with contract ending on 10 Oct 2026, somehow I see 550GB local data now, no change in 50GB Malaysia roaming data. I can see there is a free 300GB local data add-on. It is supposed to be 250GB. Not so sure when the 300GB is added. Anyway, no use for her either...
(Note: recontract for the second line got rejected later).
 
Last edited:

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,263
Reaction score
12,282
Early reports in early August 2026, similar to my first line with extra 120GB data added.

That was also the early reports that upgrade from S$15.28 plan to S$19.25 Enhanced Lite plan got rejected, which is strange.

Later reports says you can call SingTel to get such upgrade approved, if you got rejected by clicking the link.

Posted on 6 August 2026.
No, they rejected my recontract to 19.25 with 12 months contract which I am quite surprised...

Ending this Monday 10 Aug

Posted on 7 August 2026.
Since I won't be able to port out before the 15.28 contract expired so I went to unsubscribe those freebies that will be chargeable after the contract expired and note something from the revised agreement they sent me.
* Not sure if there will be further changes after my actual expiry on 10 Aug.

- 50% discount off the plan price till 2028 i.e. plan remained as 15.28 after expiry.
- caller id fee waived till 2028 as well.
- added free 120gb of local data with no specific duration.

Similar boat. $15.28 and free caller ID till 2028 per new service agreement. The data bundle expiry/add-on looks messy, will have to wait for next cycle to see how much data I’m actually left with.
 

wirelesslink

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
351
Reaction score
119
i see that now auto subscribe to ready roam is not cancellable — does anyone have any experience on how to still keep the singtel line on to receive OTPs, but not automatically activate a data plan?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,263
Reaction score
12,282
i see that now auto subscribe to ready roam is not cancellable — does anyone have any experience on how to still keep the singtel line on to receive OTPs, but not automatically activate a data plan?

Enable Data Roaming on the app but disable data roaming on the phone.

Make sure you do not accept roaming voice call (ignore will usually work) and do not send roaming SMS to avoid extra charges.

During my Dec 2025 short visit to China, I rejected one voice call and ignored another voice call and got no extra charges. I used eight mobile to call back as the number was from a government agency and eight has free roaming voice.

No roaming data charges. No issues with receiving incoming roaming SMS including OTPs.

Still there were reports that you might still get roaming voice charges depending on the roaming network even if you reject or ignore the calls. That is why Zym now has 10 minutes free incoming roaming voice call, unfortunately not available for SingTel SIM Only plans.
 
Last edited:

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,008
Reaction score
1,726
Finally the CS replied today and just managed to recontract at the same price of $15.28 with following inclusions:

340GB, 1,000 mins, 500 SMS, FREE Caller ID for 1st 12 mths, FREE 12 months 5G access, Free 50GB DataRoam Monthly Malaysia (12 mth), Free SCAM Protect. Nothing special I guess.

FYI, I didn't had any link to sign up from, the CS processed on his end through WhatsApp chat
Same situation, I’m talking to CS via WhatsApp, asking to continue to re-contract at the same price but was rejected.
 

wirelesslink

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
351
Reaction score
119
Enable Data Roaming on the app but disable data roaming on the phone.

Make sure you do not accept roaming voice call (ignore will usually work) and do not send roaming SMS to avoid extra charges.

During my Dec 2025 short visit to China, I rejected one voice call and ignored another voice call and got no extra charges. I used eight mobile to call back as the number was from a government agency and eight has free roaming voice.

No roaming data charges. No issues with receiving incoming roaming SMS including OTPs.

Still there were reports that you might still get roaming voice charges depending on the roaming network even if you reject or ignore the calls. That is why Zym now has 10 minutes free incoming roaming voice call, unfortunately not available for SingTel SIM Only plans.
enabling data roaming on the app is for countries which don’t have signal if you don’t turn it on right? i remember in australia i need to do so, but for places like malaysia no need

so can i confirm, the data pack wont be automatically activated even if signal is connected to overseas network, it will only activate when it senses data usage?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,263
Reaction score
12,282
Same situation, I’m talking to CS via WhatsApp, asking to continue to re-contract at the same price but was rejected.

Looks like different Singtel CS has differnt outcomes.

When is your contract ending? Maybe you can try again with 1688.

Many of us got rejected for the S$15.28 recontract offers from August onwards but recently there are a few successful reports.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,008
Reaction score
1,726
Looks like different Singtel CS has differnt outcomes.

When is your contract ending? Maybe you can try again with 1688.

Many of us got rejected for the S$15.28 recontract offers from August onwards but recently there are a few successful reports.
It ends today, will ask what benefits remain if I don’t re-contract.

I will appeal and share my experience for others to be informed.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,263
Reaction score
12,282
enabling data roaming on the app is for countries which don’t have signal if you don’t turn it on right? i remember in australia i need to do so, but for places like malaysia no need

so can i confirm, the data pack wont be automatically activated even if signal is connected to overseas network, it will only activate when it senses data usage?

I believe you have to enable roaming in the app in order to receive roaming incoming SMS, if the roaming country has no 3G network.

Singtel ReadyRoam (now cannot unsubscribe) will not be activated unless you have roaming data usage.

You can take a look at the add-on "Pay-As-U-Roam" which says it is the Pre-requsite to connect to overseas mobile network.
1. Receive SMS for free.
2. Use data or SMS/Voice roaming plan
3. 25% surchage on Pay-Per-Use rates for usage beyond allowance from subscribed roaming plans

I am not so sure about the mearning of #3 25% surcharge item.
 
Last edited:

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,263
Reaction score
12,282
Is Maxis same same or same same but different from other competitor?

Based on the Maxx thread, it is worse than celcomDigi in JB for roaming.

Today in JB. Still Maxis Network. Still 2Mb only…

Yes, no way to solve…
2Mb is merely ok, can Grab, can instagram haha

https://www.speedtest.net/result/i/7252044829
https://imgur.com/gallery/maxx-celcomdigi-yKlYfza
Good news. Tested in JB again, auto connected to celcomDigi network.
though it is not on Maxx roaming partner list now, but can connect. Speed is uncapped
https://www.m1.com.sg/maxx/roaming-details

maxx partner is now updated to include celcomDigi.

Looks like I got to enjoy it earlier, not a bug
 

wirelesslink

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
351
Reaction score
119
I believe you have to enable roaming in the app in order to receive roaming incoming SMS, if the roaming country has no 3G network.

Singtel ReadyRoam (now cannot unsubscribe) will not be activated unless you have roaming data usage.

You can take a look at the add-on "Pay-As-U-Roam" which says it is the Pre-requsite to connect to overseas mobile network.
1. Receive SMS for free.
2. Use data or SMS/Voice roaming plan
3. 25% surchage on Pay-As-Per-Use rates for usage beyond allowance from subscribed roaming plans

I am not so sure about the mearning of #3 25% surcharge item.
for the 25% surcharge, it means that if a call is $4/min, they will charge $5/min (25% extra on top of the original $4) — i kenna before when i answered a call thinking that it was a whatsapp call
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top