[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,427
Reaction score
483
both me and my partner signed up for sim only together back in may 2024, i already received the recontract promo sms from singtel and successfully got it but my partner didn't. tried to sign up for her using the same link but got rejected. anyone faced something similar before?
Which promotion?

Maybe try when nearer
 

Ye_Rongtian

Banned
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
57,057
Reaction score
14,379
Is the free 5g+ upgrade available to all 5G plan including the $20 and $15 1 year contract SIM only 5g plan? I have the $20 1 year 5g SIM only contract plan and core plan. I received email that my core plan was upgraded to 5g+ but no email for my $20 sim only 5g plan.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,504
Reaction score
12,374
Is the free 5g+ upgrade available to all 5G plan including the $20 and $15 1 year contract SIM only 5g plan? I have the $20 1 year 5g SIM only contract plan and core plan. I received email that my core plan was upgraded to 5g+ but no email for my $20 sim only 5g plan.

I believe 5G+ is just a network upgrade for all Singtel 5G plan users with better coverage (and I can see it myself, 5G SA coverage is better now than before). So it does not really matter if you get the email or not.

In fact, I do not think 5G+ on the status bar means anything. No matter which frequency band your phone is connected to, it will display 5G+ as long as you are using Singtel 5G (no idea whether it applies to Gomo or Heya or Singtel based MVNO though). As a matter of fact, 700MHz band is actually slower than other bands, but with better coverage.

Reference:
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/5g

FAQ:
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/5g/faq

2. How can I enjoy Singtel 5G+?
All Singtel customers on our 5G plans will be upgraded to 5G+ for FREE.
This activation happens automatically from 7 February 2025.
To enjoy the full benefits of 5G+, you’ll need a 5G-compatible device and 5G SIM.
Find out if your device is 5G SA compatible here and make sure that your 5G SA settings are switched on by following the steps here.


3. How do I check if I have been provisioned 5G+ service?
Your 5G+ activation happens automatically from 7 February 2025.
When you see the 5G icon on your phone, it means you’re logged onto the Singtel 5G+ network.
Alternatively, log into your MySingtel App to check if “5G Service” is displayed in the Manage Add-Ons section.

4. What should I do if I’m unable to connect to 5G+ on my device?
Assuming that you are on a Singtel 5G+ plan or subscribed to a 5G+ add-on, please ensure that the 5G settings for your device are turned on. Refer here for step-by-step instructions.
 
Last edited:

wirelesslink

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
351
Reaction score
119
What was your previous plan?

Mine was mid tier and they gave me the $20.37 plan w/o 3 x free roaming. I then applied for $15.28 plan and got it.
mine was the $36 plan but got it at $32/month during it show

i tried again today for my partner and i got it, really not sure how they evaluate
 

ixoral

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
60
May I ask what’s your key pull factor to stay with Singtel sim-only plans, when all the other MVNO are offering at much cheaper cost? Is it the priority network which Singtel can offer?

I’m also asking because my current place has very weak 4G (due to older building construct and low floor). Hence I’m thinking maybe I should pay more for Singtel primary network and not bother with MVNO.. :X
 

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
2,355
May I ask what’s your key pull factor to stay with Singtel sim-only plans, when all the other MVNO are offering at much cheaper cost? Is it the priority network which Singtel can offer?

I’m also asking because my current place has very weak 4G (due to older building construct and low floor). Hence I’m thinking maybe I should pay more for Singtel primary network and not bother with MVNO.. :X

I'm no longer with ST, but here's a suggestion. if at home, you have wifi, and your concern with low 4G singnal is in receiving phone calls, see if you can enable VoWiFi/VoWLAN. Minutes will still be deducted against your voice minutes, but you get a useable signal and call quality.

I am assuming that you have no problems with coverage and speed when outdoors and at places where you generally travel to/work at
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,504
Reaction score
12,374
May I ask what’s your key pull factor to stay with Singtel sim-only plans, when all the other MVNO are offering at much cheaper cost? Is it the priority network which Singtel can offer?

I’m also asking because my current place has very weak 4G (due to older building construct and low floor). Hence I’m thinking maybe I should pay more for Singtel primary network and not bother with MVNO.. :X

For those who stayed with SingTel SIM only, it is actually not the expensive.

S$20.37 pet month recontract offer (12 month contract) is acceptable to me, for a good reliable mobile plan. Even better now with much better 5G SA coverage.

Now got even beter S$15.28 per month recontract offer.

Take note these recontract offers are NOT for new users including port-in.
 

ixoral

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
60
I'm no longer with ST, but here's a suggestion. if at home, you have wifi, and your concern with low 4G singnal is in receiving phone calls, see if you can enable VoWiFi/VoWLAN. Minutes will still be deducted against your voice minutes, but you get a useable signal and call quality.

I am assuming that you have no problems with coverage and speed when outdoors and at places where you generally travel to/work at
yes you are right! My concern for low 4G signal is purely in receiving traditional phone calls, it can get cut off mid way and i got to always stand near my window at home..zzz. Ok let me explore your suggestion as i am not familiar with that, thanks!

Edit: oh if you are referring to "Wifi calling" then yes, i have that setting turned on in my iphone. When i called singtel cso to 'complain' about my poor 4G/calling signal, they also suggest me to do this.
 
Last edited:

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
2,355
yes you are right! My concern for low 4G signal is purely in receiving traditional phone calls, it can get cut off mid way and i got to always stand near my window at home..zzz. Ok let me explore your suggestion as i am not familiar with that, thanks!

Edit: oh if you are referring to "Wifi calling" then yes, i have that setting turned on in my iphone. When i called singtel cso to 'complain' about my poor 4G/calling signal, they also suggest me to do this.

after turning it on, confirm that it actually is on and connected - I'm not familiar with iphones, but on Androids, there is usually a notification bar icon (unless that icon is disabled).

if there is no icon or some means to confirm that VoWLAN is actually connected, then it is effectively off.

as an example, on my NP2 with VoWLAN enabled, it works (icon appears) on Singtel and Gomo and Simba, but not on eight.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,619
Reaction score
4,212
yes you are right! My concern for low 4G signal is purely in receiving traditional phone calls, it can get cut off mid way and i got to always stand near my window at home..zzz. Ok let me explore your suggestion as i am not familiar with that, thanks!

Edit: oh if you are referring to "Wifi calling" then yes, i have that setting turned on in my iphone. When i called singtel cso to 'complain' about my poor 4G/calling signal, they also suggest me to do this.
Once "WIFI-Calling" is turned on, you can see it in the Status Bar on IOS.

Singtel WIFI Calling
ios04.jpg
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,619
Reaction score
4,212
Alamak, I never had the “wifi calling” words appear on my iPhone top left before. No wonder the signal is just as bad even when I have that option turned on 😅
Yes, sometimes glitchy, so might need to restart your mobile device.
What model are you using?
 

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
72,512
Reaction score
2,489
Alamak, I never had the “wifi calling” words appear on my iPhone top left before. No wonder the signal is just as bad even when I have that option turned on 😅
Wifi calling for Singtel on recent versions of iOS won't be enabled unless your signal is piss poor like 1 to 2 bar that kind.

If you switch on airplane mode you should see wifi calling being enabled.
 

wirelesslink

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
351
Reaction score
119
just a reminder: they reactivate your readyroam whenever you recontract so remember to cancel if you dont need it
 

SoulEraser

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
4,207
Reaction score
119
data point:

Prepaid ST and other 5G MVNO on ST's infrastructure have connectivity when postpaid ST doesn't.

looks like in a crowded area, the quota for the 5G base stations is way below its postpaid 5g users. during such circumstances, the only way would be to toggle to 4G on the postpaid plan or to switch to another network.
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,717
Reaction score
5,238
data point:

Prepaid ST and other 5G MVNO on ST's infrastructure have connectivity when postpaid ST doesn't.

looks like in a crowded area, the quota for the 5G base stations is way below its postpaid 5g users. during such circumstances, the only way would be to toggle to 4G on the postpaid plan or to switch to another network.
I just signed the $15 plan
comes with SingTel 5G
the speed is good
but the connectivity and coverage is not as 100% as 4G
i guess singtel 5G is still new
at the meantime
I have switched to using 4G only

previous setting of 5G auto
doesn’t switched to 4G at all
it will just freeze there
is either I walk to the next 5G base station
or no network at all
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top