Official Xperia Z Thread

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
As there's no reply to my question few pages back,


Does installing "battery guru" help in conserving battery on the XZ?
Because it needs location services for it to work.

For me, it helps in about 10% I should say but I use the Location WIFI in the Power Management instead. =:p
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
But the thing is, by using the location services also consumes battery.So it gives me an impression of redundancy.

Yes, it will consume battery and you can do it manually if you want to save battery like checking in FourSquare etc which require your location.
 

ben21_observer

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi Sony fans lovers and experts,
I actually was waiting for HTC one, but i seem to be losing faith in it. So i'm now deciding to get xperia Z. I have a few qns n i hope u can help me pls.

1. How reliable is the flip that covers the 'charging' port? Is the docking the way to go if i want the phone to last 2yrs?
2. Is xperia Z stable now? Or will i get a 'lemon' set? Or should i wait for a month more for the next few batch?
3. Will xperia Z get its update to JB4.2 soon?

thks in advance
 

shin7829

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2010
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
7
can i know if the battery life of XZ is good enough for average usage? mostly whatsapp, music and web browsing.

yes one day should be good enough

Umm

Just bought xperia z...
how long does it take to charge?
Mine takes 2.5 Hours to charge off wall charger, and 4 hours by USB cable in computer..
My S3 charge so fast.. like in 1.5 hour...

any idea?

for me it takes 2.5-3~4 hours or more to charge to full battery

Hi Sony fans lovers and experts,
I actually was waiting for HTC one, but i seem to be losing faith in it. So i'm now deciding to get xperia Z. I have a few qns n i hope u can help me pls.

1. How reliable is the flip that covers the 'charging' port? Is the docking the way to go if i want the phone to last 2yrs?
2. Is xperia Z stable now? Or will i get a 'lemon' set? Or should i wait for a month more for the next few batch?
3. Will xperia Z get its update to JB4.2 soon?

thks in advance

1. u MUST need the dock so that u need not open the flip for charging and this preserve the water resistant capabilities. else if your flip cover is torn or spoilt, yur phone will be same as per any android phone

2. its really the luck issue.

3. unsure
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Doesn't matter what name he uses. He damn helpful in xperia z threads. Good to have a Sony lover like him.

Yes, totally agree! Becoz of him, I got to know jimmy, with good sp skill and advise for cam usage. I'm much more confifent in my cam handling now. Ho ah !
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
But the thing is, by using the location services also consumes battery.So it gives me an impression of redundancy.

Same impression I had. So I just do it manually, and seems like my WiFi is more stable now. using location service seems like will keep cutting off if away for a distance.
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Hi Sony fans lovers and experts,
I actually was waiting for HTC one, but i seem to be losing faith in it. So i'm now deciding to get xperia Z. I have a few qns n i hope u can help me pls.

1. How reliable is the flip that covers the 'charging' port? Is the docking the way to go if i want the phone to last 2yrs?
2. Is xperia Z stable now? Or will i get a 'lemon' set? Or should i wait for a month more for the next few batch?
3. Will xperia Z get its update to JB4.2 soon?

thks in advance

No need think so much, just get it. Htc one design not as nice. And I'm loving my xz everyday! Battery improve alot after 1 wk. Overnight standby mode is superb, maintaining same batt level b4 I go to sleep.
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
sorry too many pages to check back. my location can't seem to be found, even though I have enabled all the location settings (except GPS). is there anything else I should enable?
 

Twiddlebug

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
585
Reaction score
0
sorry too many pages to check back. my location can't seem to be found, even though I have enabled all the location settings (except GPS). is there anything else I should enable?

might want to check out 'google settings', 'location'
 

rajeshdr892

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Headset Collection

Has anyone collected headset from J8 today? Is stock available?
I am planning to go there now during lunch hour.
Thanks.
 

havetobuy

Banned
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
0
Alright thanks :D

Another qn. Can the dock be used to transfer files from pc like IPhone and iPad or is it simply for charging?

Only charge bro, the salesman tell me use airdroid app, wireless transfer of files while my phone docks and charge.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Alright thanks :D

Another qn. Can the dock be used to transfer files from pc like IPhone and iPad or is it simply for charging?

No, you cannot use the dock to transfer data as there will not be any connection if you connect the cable to the PC instead of the charger.

I just tested and confirm on that.
 

foosdoll

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
22
guys how does location based wifi work? mine used to work fine ie i reach home it turns off automatically. gps nv needed to be turned on for this to work.

but two days ago i connected to wireless@sg and now when i reach home wifi doesnt turn on. i removed all the stored networks but still it doesnt work anymore. jin sian if must manually turn on n off because i shuffle between three networks everyday.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top