Official Xperia Z Thread

umts_lte

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Good but I have no issue with the previous firmware also. What telco is yours and probably the issue lies on the settings for the Network.

My service plan (3G, no LTE yet) is from M1 and i have purchased Xperia Z from M1shop. The APNs should be predefined.

I am sure it has got to do with the phone firmware. Strangely, i don't see much issue when i roam but faced great difficulties when i am back home ground :s22:
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
U need to give it a full charge & then use & recharge a few cycles. I use my Z with juice defender battery life better than my S3. I can fully charge at 12pm use till 7+ still left 50+%. If it was my S3, it would have dropped to 20-30+%

Yes.. I know about battery cycles. :)

Oh .. my S3 LTE can last me 1.5 days. I certainly hope the Zee can do it too :)
 

jazzman80

Master Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
4,787
Reaction score
0
After several charge, battery capacity increased from 2330000 to 2426000.
42hrs of standby and 3hrs of display timing.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
My service plan (3G, no LTE yet) is from M1 and i have purchased Xperia Z from M1shop. The APNs should be predefined.

I am sure it has got to do with the phone firmware. Strangely, i don't see much issue when i roam but faced great difficulties when i am back home ground :s22:

I see, probably fellow M1 members can advise on this cos I am using Singtel and no issue on any drop call or data connection with firmware .350. =:p

Anyway, the connection issue has been settled so enjoy your Xperia Z and welcome to the Xperia Family.
 

Ben555

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Hi all, i'm planning to get this phone (was thinking of the note 2 but it's too big)
Some questions for the current xperia z users,

1) I've seen on forums that the phone heats up pretty badly.. does it happen to yours?
2) How's the battery life? There've been complains of poor batt life despite stamina mode.
3) How's your experience with it thus far? Any regrets?

Thanks! Your response will be greatly greatly appreciated :s13::s13:

Just sharing my own share of view, others may encounter different things.

1) yes it gets pretty much heated up quick, especially when I use my LTE most of the time, seems like using WiFi it's doesn't heat up so much. For me it's WiFi issue as it always drops (I suppose it reboots the router, and I use mostly public WiFi).

2) battery life for a start may be a bad experience, and I'm still trying to figure out what works best. I've encountered extremely bad days where it dropped like 1% almost every minute while browsing. Some days I encountered batt life can hold very well (yes hell lot of difference on different days with different apps running in background, I'm still trying to figure out, still clueless for now)

3) I'm very much happy with the z for now, for the design, interface, camera (still lots to explore, but pretty impressed by it till now), screen (looks great although some don't like the "less striking" colour to some phones). I was and still an iPhone user. To me, this is the 2nd "sexy" phone I have seen since the era when the first iPhone 3G hit our shore.
 
Last edited:

WrxSti23

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
5,075
Reaction score
2
I see, probably fellow M1 members can advise on this cos I am using Singtel and no issue on any drop call or data connection with firmware .350. =:p

Anyway, the connection issue has been settled so enjoy your Xperia Z and welcome to the Xperia Family.

Now that M1 user has sound out about this problem. I'm also having this 'no connection' at times problem. Even when in office/home when the phone is connected to WIFI, the wifi will stay on however 2G will disconnect at times. FYI, I'm on Singtel.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Guys, ask u all. Z doesn't have double tap zoom in??? It gets a little inconvenience... :(
 

sunnycrowe

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
1
I mus say the speaker quality is average... My transformers ringtone (the transform sound) sounds distorted n weird, compared to my previous phones.. Its the same file..
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Guys, ask u all. Z doesn't have double tap zoom in??? It gets a little inconvenience... :(

Double tap zoom? Do you mean in the browser? Yes, it does support double tap zoom and I have tried on the Dolphin Browser, it is working. =:p
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top