Official Xperia Z Thread

Hello_Kitty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2000
Messages
31,738
Reaction score
15,488
Hi guys

I just got my white XZ 4 days back...and i'm very impress!!! Love the phone very much. I was a user of X10, Arc, XS and now XZ
However, it has some flaws

Things I like
1) Very smooth!!! The smoothest andriod i tried so far. Tried S3, Note, Note 2. I loaded with my old pic, video etc and took up 80% of space and yet no lag at all!! Not sure is it jelly bean or the phone

2) Very chio physical look and good build. In fact, i like that glass at the back, which provide some friction when i hold it with 1 hand. Am going to get the clear SP from Jimmy. But so far..no finger print on phone yet. Weird!

3) Screen is nice and bright enough. Dont understand when pple commented viewing angle wash out color, bright sun cannot see. Mine was perfect! Under bright sun cannot see just blast it to 100% loh

4) Batt also quite solid for the 1st few days. I only charge once per day. Same usage as I use my XS. I dont use those setting in the power managemnet. I think its useless. And overnight standby sibei ho, no drop in batt %!!

Things i dont like

1) GPS got issue after i upgrade the software. Think is software issue. Cant on! I google and found the work ard, is to use a software call map finder. Somehow this navigator software able to turn on the GPS! Anybody knows how to solve this?

2) WIFI very weak. Using XS, my wifi connection can maintain in further distance. But this keep dropping. Must be nearer to modem

3) Camera really sucks big time. Auto mode indoor shooting alot of noise, use normal mode slightly better. Still trying out how best to use it. And y 12MB and 9MB different in size?? Then whats the point of having 13MB cam?? Any advice?

Overall i still very much love this phone!!

1) I have the same GPS weak issue
2) I have the weak wifi issue too. last time iPhone 5 i got full strength in my garden, now i have to walk into the living room
3) didn't try the cam much to comment
 

PongRareRare

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
92
Those who haven update the phone, I recommend not to... My phone was working fine.. Upgraded last night... No visible change and this afternoon my phone cannot access the top "task bar" and the bottom 3 buttons are gone.. (in a way, I got the full 5 inch screen to use) but it's a bug and I cannot really back or home.. Reset the phone and it recovers... Not sure if it's the update but it didn't happen before
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
1) I have the same GPS weak issue
2) I have the weak wifi issue too. last time iPhone 5 i got full strength in my garden, now i have to walk into the living room
3) didn't try the cam much to comment
Strangely, my GPS work again! I on my GPS, the icon won't activate until I on a nav app like google map. Once I off google map, the icon is gone. Not sure if it still runs in the background.

And my cam are so much better now. I challenged my fren, who uses ip4 and note2, to take photo of sg dollar note like what jimmy taught me, none was as clear as mine. They are all impressed. Haha
 

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,945
Reaction score
374
Strangely, my GPS work again! I on my GPS, the icon won't activate until I on a nav app like google map. Once I off google map, the icon is gone. Not sure if it still runs in the background.

And my cam are so much better now. I challenged my fren, who uses ip4 and note2, to take photo of sg dollar note like what jimmy taught me, none was as clear as mine. They are all impressed. Haha
So what tips can share?
 

reimina

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2002
Messages
6,673
Reaction score
0
Strangely, my GPS work again! I on my GPS, the icon won't activate until I on a nav app like google map. Once I off google map, the icon is gone. Not sure if it still runs in the background.

And my cam are so much better now. I challenged my fren, who uses ip4 and note2, to take photo of sg dollar note like what jimmy taught me, none was as clear as mine. They are all impressed. Haha

Did your ip4 and note2 friends cried? :D
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
So what tips can share?

1) Firstly, use the touch capture instead of the button. Surprisely, it looks better. I think is the focus point issue

2) 2ndly, depend on situation, esp low light, auto may not be good choice, use normal, on hdr, touch capture, adjust ev accordingly etc
Need to play more to know what setting for what situation

3) 3rdly, the burst mode seems to be good for certain situation like moving obj, but havent try that

basically practice...somehow i feel that my pic getting better after advise.:s13:
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Did your ip4 and note2 friends cried? :D

orh..no lah..i ask them to go home keep trying until can see..haha

jimmy taught me that the sg dollar note on top of the majurah singapura, there is a line. But the line is actually made up of wordings if u look carefully. so, use your cam to take that portion, and zoom in. If after zoom, you are able to see the wordings, means your photo taking skill is there.
He also mention that alot of the hp cam not able to see no matter how he tries. Sony's is probably the only one that can do it. Go try it yourself...start with $10 notes.:s12:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top