Official Xperia Z Thread

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,944
Reaction score
374
Recently, I encountered this bug: the speaker mode is automatically turned on whenever I received a call. Anyone encountered this and any remedy?

Mine is that it since like the auto-off screen when answering the call is not functioning properly. It causes it to accidentally go and open apps on my screen.
 

1-wind

Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
357
Reaction score
1
Mine is that it since like the auto-off screen when answering the call is not functioning properly. It causes it to accidentally go and open apps on my screen.

I encountered that one time before.

I wonder what happened? All the while, my phone was quite stable.
 

Turquoise!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
11,592
Reaction score
0
Encountering the "once picked up call speaker auto on" & "screen won't auto black when place near to the ear faulty" recently :s22:
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Encountering the "once picked up call speaker auto on" & "screen won't auto black when place near to the ear faulty" recently :s22:

I experience it today. haha is like when you picked up, call speaker already on. :s13::s13: hopefully they will fix it through firmware update.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
Is the flaps easy to replace? Now I like not sure if Singtel retailer allow me to trade in with a flap broken.


I just managed to remove the flap, following this tip I found online: Usb flap/cap replacement easiest solution possible - Sony Xperia Z - iFixit

[It's easy , but You need some special tool - thin flat dull blade. I used cooper wire. I flatten it with hammer. You have to push it inside along white belt , from this side where is small hook on the end . In this case it's from other side then usb connector. When "blade" is inside (aprox. 2-3 mm) you can gently pull whole flap.]


End result:

2008076b-7fb1-4e90-bafa-15e79fe0b8ae_zpsafd98caa.jpg~original


I dunno if its hard or easy to put the new one in. Cos I hvnt even ordered it yet! will order tonight!

Here is another site to buy from: OEM USB Port + Volume Rocker+Micro SD+ Headphone Jack Port Cover Flap Replacement Parts for Sony Xperia Z Black


I will put it in if I wanna sell the phone after I get the Z2, that is if I plan to buy the Z2. depending on how much the Z2 is and how much I can sell my phone for.

Otherwise, if I continue to use my Z, I will not put back the new flap until I am ready to sell it, most prob 1 year later.
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
the way yours broke look just like mine sia haha. not sure if i want to change it or not. Can you like order just one flap itself as mine is only the micro usb part only.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
how did yours break?

mine 'broke' where the black rubber sealant on the flap came off, thereby it caused the flap not to shut tightly.

nope cannot order 1 piece only. i searched google for many weeks liao.

for the best buy, only these 2 links are applicable. right now, AliExpress offers the best deal.

it was USD15 2 days ago. now that its USD7.99, Im not gonna hesitate liao!

I think those shops like Adix and Jimmy should buy a handful of these and offer their service to change for customers.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
I suggest you get it fix, then sell it outside, either online or to shops.

cos you'll get a better price.

Starhub website says that it is only offering me $150 for my Z as of now.

I just asked a buyer online who buys and sells phone.

if USB flap cannot close, he buy at $280. if can close, $310. this is provided that there are no scratches on the phone.

I think if ur phone is in a good condition, u can probably sell it for at least $350 to an individual buyer and not a 3rd party buyer. probably even $400.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
how did yours break?

mine 'broke' where the black rubber sealant on the flap came off, thereby it caused the flap not to shut tightly.

nope cannot order 1 piece only. i searched google for many weeks liao.

for the best buy, only these 2 links are applicable. right now, AliExpress offers the best deal.

it was USD15 2 days ago. now that its USD7.99, Im not gonna hesitate liao!

I think those shops like Adix and Jimmy should buy a handful of these and offer their service to change for customers.
same problem la. The plastic crack abit right? Than the rubber peel off and broke. When close cannot close fully. Keep close also pop abit out. Fugly.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
nothing wrong with the plastic flap.

its only the rubber sealant that came off.

i think the way they designed it, or manufactured it, the glue that holds the rubber sealant doesnt last long, thats why it came off.

its the same for their tablet, xperia Z1, and i suppose Z1 compact and the coming Z2 too.

maybe Sony designed it to fail prematurely so that they can rape us when we send the phone in for repairs
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
nothing wrong with the plastic flap.

its only the rubber sealant that came off.

i think the way they designed it, or manufactured it, the glue that holds the rubber sealant doesnt last long, thats why it came off.

its the same for their tablet, xperia Z1, and i suppose Z1 compact and the coming Z2 too.

maybe Sony designed it to fail prematurely so that they can rape us when we send the phone in for repairs
haha. ******* sia haha. I z2 getting magnetic charger liao. If not later rubber broke again. lmao
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top