OLA EC @ Anchorvale

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Mr lion888, suggest you focus on shopping for a car if you not buying a unit here. Couple of days ago alr got a few pages here of people quarrelling, don't try to start another one, be sensible.

I don't need to say much these days, its all reported in the news, breaking news. And got other wise ppl here.

Wise pple are those who bought during times when everyone don’t dare to buy.
These pple usually buy at the right entry price.
I believe u r also actively looking out and picking up cheap stocks now right?
 
Last edited:

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464
Wise pple are those who bought during times when everyone don’t dare to buy.
These pple usually buy at the right entry price.
I believe u r also actively looking out and picking up cheap stocks right?

Yeah. But now property people still dare to buy, and there is hardly any downward movements yet.

Stocks are way more complicated. These 2 weeks, made some but also lost some. Still trying to figure out the direction of the market. Am expecting a few more dips before the real recovery.
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
Am very lucky didn't make any major financial commitments last few months.

The most recent news on closure of services will somewhat affect.

My rice bowl not that iron afterall 😥
 

birmingham123

Master Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
3,014
Reaction score
77
Mr lion888, suggest you focus on shopping for a car if you not buying a unit here. Couple of days ago alr got a few pages here of people quarrelling, don't try to start another one, be sensible.

I don't need to say much these days, its all reported in the news, breaking news. And got other wise ppl here.

Cmon. Obviously he is saying what u been talking in the past. Before this virus thing, u just keep talking about property overpriced and stupid people to buy into the high price. But launch just get sold out so obviously no one listen to you. Not saying you are wrong in your opinions, but saying others stupid to buy does not sound right.

Then when the virus thing come, u sound so happy like u get it right. Crash is coming, developer going to give discount. If crash come, I will be happy so I can buy in my 2nd property or even upgrade to landed, but what is the point if economy no good. If drag on, u think Singapore can survive long as a whole ??

Of coz, if the virus die down, it is a chance for everyone now to buy into the stock market at a huge discount, but what if the virus does not die down so fast ??

Still does not see your point to keep shouting property crash every now and then. Y not work harder to keep up with the property price. Else HDB is there for everyone else.
 

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464
Cmon. Obviously he is saying what u been talking in the past. Before this virus thing, u just keep talking about property overpriced and stupid people to buy into the high price. But launch just get sold out so obviously no one listen to you. Not saying you are wrong in your opinions, but saying others stupid to buy does not sound right.

Then when the virus thing come, u sound so happy like u get it right. Crash is coming, developer going to give discount. If crash come, I will be happy so I can buy in my 2nd property or even upgrade to landed, but what is the point if economy no good. If drag on, u think Singapore can survive long as a whole ??

Of coz, if the virus die down, it is a chance for everyone now to buy into the stock market at a huge discount, but what if the virus does not die down so fast ??

Still does not see your point to keep shouting property crash every now and then. Y not work harder to keep up with the property price. Else HDB is there for everyone else.

Honesty tired replying to some of your comments. Since when I “shout property crash”.... only said that some new launches very overpriced, even when compared to new resales. I only call the 3 buyers of the 2m OLA “penthouses” stupid, and it’s a fact, unless they die die must live on that plot of land because fengshui master say so.

Which launch I say overpriced is “sold out”? Affinity? Garden? Woodleigh? Piermont? OLA? Florence? Number of unsold units in new launch market is there for you to see..

And since when I happy about the virus? Zzzzz

Come on pls, use brain before writing and don’t put words into my mouth or confuse me with the bears. Not all bears are HOLA OK?
 

Nickychoo

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Just my own opinion so pls don’t feel offended. Wanted to share my thoughts and experience when deciding whether or not to purchase Ola.

I was looking at Ola EC 4 bedder unit and was even eyeing on unit 25 which I felt was the best unit. After further considering the layout, I realized that the junior suite windows were mostly blocked by the adjacent block and the only view u will get is someone else’s air con ledge. Subsequently I decided to go for unit 7 & 12 which is the next best units since they enjoy the furthest distance from the next block and the junior suite windows are largely unblock till the next condo.

When the pricing was made known to us on the 19th, I was also a bit disappointed but not unexpected that they cost nearly $1200psf if I go for deferred payment given the amount of advertisements that they spent and all the unnecessary free courses that they provided.

I decided in the end to forgo Ola after the following thoughts:
1) Covid-19: with the covid-19 causing major fall in stock markets worldwide and a looming recession. I felt since My 5 rm BTO flat is fully paid I’m not in a rush to upgrade why risk it?
2) Neighboring Condos were going at $1100-1200psf(which I’m eyeing now), some with better view than Ola.
3) I don’t need to wait for 2yrs + 5yrs mop to sell a condo.
4) No resale Levy as I’m not buying from HDB again, that’s $49k savings.
5) I’m actually seeing a fall in Ard $50psf asking prices of condo around the area these few days(I’ve been monitoring property guru and those units that I’m eyeing on) since the covid-19 measures were implemented.
6) I can get a higher loan amount buying a condo over an EC thus I do not need to fork out so much cash. Imagine if I buy Ola 4 bedder unit 7 or 12 which cost more than $1.6m I need to fork out around $400k cash(even if u earn $16k which is the EC ceiling)
7) With Fed interest rates going to 0% getting a higher loan amount is actually more worth it, freeing up cash for higher yield investment.
 
Last edited:

drkcynic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
57,435
Reaction score
26,947
Just my own opinion so pls don’t feel offended. Wanted to share my thoughts and experience when deciding whether or not to purchase Ola.

I was looking at Ola EC 4 bedder unit and was even eyeing on unit 25 which I felt was the best unit. After further considering the layout, I realized that the junior suite windows were mostly blocked by the adjacent block and the only view u will get is someone else’s air con ledge. Subsequently I decided to go for unit 7 & 12 which is the next best units since they enjoy the furthest distance from the next block and the junior suite windows are largely unblock till the next condo.

When the pricing was made known to us on the 19th, I was also a bit disappointed but not unexpected that they cost nearly $1200psf if I go for differed payment given the amount of advertisements that they spent and all the unnecessary free courses that they provided.

I decided in the end to forego Ola after the following thoughts:
1) Covid-19: with the covid-19 causing major fall in stock markets worldwide and a looming recession. I felt since My 5 rm BTO flat is fully paid I’m not in a rush to upgrade why risk it?
2) Neighboring Condos were going at $1100-1200psf(which I’m eyeing now), some with better view than Ola.
3) I don’t need to wait for 2yrs + 5yrs mop to sell a condo.
4) No resale Levy as I’m not buying from HDB again, that’s $49k savings.
5) I’m actually seeing a fall in Ard $50psf asking prices of condo around the area these few days(I’ve been monitoring property guru and those units that I’m eyeing on) since the covid-19 measures were implemented.
6) I can get a higher loan amount buying a condo over an EC thus I do not need to fork out so much cash. Imagine if I buy Ola 4 bedder unit 7 or 12 which cost more than $16m I need to fork out around $400k cash(even if u earn $16k which is the EC ceiling)

Wow neighbouring condos going for 1100-1200psf in that area?

You are better off buying Esparina or Prive resale then, growth potential, lower psf, better location.
 

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
60,034
Reaction score
4,188
are those resale? how many years liao

1) if resale you might need to spend more on reno
2) 15 years old resale condo psf = new ec psf
 

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
501
Probably La Fiesta or The luxurie. Both in $1.1-1.2k psf. Walking distance to mrt.


dYO1xHu.jpg

xZOyD4E.jpg
 
Last edited:

8zaoyu

Master Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2018
Messages
3,743
Reaction score
765
are those resale? how many years liao

1) if resale you might need to spend more on reno
2) 15 years old resale condo psf = new ec psf
Not 15 yrs lah, probably after the 2009 crash, pple dig out their cash chest and send their maids to queue up for properties and buy and sell asap, remember? That was why the cooling measures of SSD,TDSR, etc started. You all probably have not started working yet? Btw, some resale properties renovated by the ex-owners till you salivate and wonder how much should you pay them above valuation. You are lucky if you chance upon one who say just give me a reasonable offer, we are moving on to next property!
 
Last edited:

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
28,779
Reaction score
2,489
Just my own opinion so pls don’t feel offended. Wanted to share my thoughts and experience when deciding whether or not to purchase Ola.

I was looking at Ola EC 4 bedder unit and was even eyeing on unit 25 which I felt was the best unit. After further considering the layout, I realized that the junior suite windows were mostly blocked by the adjacent block and the only view u will get is someone else’s air con ledge. Subsequently I decided to go for unit 7 & 12 which is the next best units since they enjoy the furthest distance from the next block and the junior suite windows are largely unblock till the next condo.

When the pricing was made known to us on the 19th, I was also a bit disappointed but not unexpected that they cost nearly $1200psf if I go for differed payment given the amount of advertisements that they spent and all the unnecessary free courses that they provided.

I decided in the end to forego Ola after the following thoughts:
1) Covid-19: with the covid-19 causing major fall in stock markets worldwide and a looming recession. I felt since My 5 rm BTO flat is fully paid I’m not in a rush to upgrade why risk it?
2) Neighboring Condos were going at $1100-1200psf(which I’m eyeing now), some with better view than Ola.
3) I don’t need to wait for 2yrs + 5yrs mop to sell a condo.
4) No resale Levy as I’m not buying from HDB again, that’s $49k savings.
5) I’m actually seeing a fall in Ard $50psf asking prices of condo around the area these few days(I’ve been monitoring property guru and those units that I’m eyeing on) since the covid-19 measures were implemented.
6) I can get a higher loan amount buying a condo over an EC thus I do not need to fork out so much cash. Imagine if I buy Ola 4 bedder unit 7 or 12 which cost more than $16m I need to fork out around $400k cash(even if u earn $16k which is the EC ceiling)

Up for most meaningful post of the thread.

My agent told me use common sense and ask why they need to so aggressive advertisement to the point its excessive. Somemore use A list stars. No other projects need to resort to this.

And nowhere near mrt, next to hospital is a big red flag.

The price can buy 5rm HDB at premium location.

Most impt is ppl ask where u stay after spending 1m

'SENGKANG'
 

Transcendent

Master Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
2,760
Reaction score
386
Developers spend spend spend create fake hype, all down the drain. this project is a fail
 

zero_hero

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2016
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
To put into perspective, the next plot at Fernvale (cannot walk to any MRT) bought by FCL, will sell as the same price as Ola. Ola is in a better location and with much better facilities than neighbouring developments. It’s really more like a condo than an EC, just that they are blinded by EC rulings
 

Path-Finder

Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Hmm...instead of comparing w upcoming fernvale project, how about we compare with recent previous proj piermont grand. Is it much better than piermont? Jus curious.

To put into perspective, the next plot at Fernvale (cannot walk to any MRT) bought by FCL, will sell as the same price as Ola. Ola is in a better location and with much better facilities than neighbouring developments. It’s really more like a condo than an EC, just that they are blinded by EC rulings
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top