ONEPlus ONE phone

lalalalalala

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2005
Messages
53,907
Reaction score
15,858
If 4g lte the symbol will show H+ or LTE on top?
Will be like this

NAAUQ4m.jpg
 

Wuuhaa

Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Just some updates on my Chinese OPO...

As advised by some of the bros here, I flashed the phone to 33R Cyanogen, did the modem flash. Finally, I get a working phone. Phone managed to connect to LTE network and download speed is good. However not too sure why it keeps jumping between H+ and LTE. Also it seems to take a long time to register on the LTE network.

Finally I have decided that Cyanogen is not as good as what I have read.
I then flashed the phone back to Color OS, and did the Google mobile service flash. After using the phone for 2 days, I am quite happy with Color OS and I think I can finally retire my Note 2. I am getting good network connections, no sudden re-starts, able to access Google playstore and also China's apps. One limitation is that you would need to read simple Chinese for some of the app, which is not a problem for myself.

If you ask me if given a choice, would I buy the OPO?
Answer is no, at least not for the S$600+ I paid, inclusive of all freebies and shipping. There is just too much time spend fiddling with the software. And for a bit more, I think I can get a LG or Samsung. Of course, I have only use the phone for 3 days, I may fall in love with the phone after getting to know it a bit better.

I do get the yellow tint at the bottom of the screen, but it is not a big issue as you will only notice the tint if the whole screen is showing white. Otherwise, phone is beautiful, screen is sharp. Calls are good and people can hear me clearly. Haven't really got a feel of the battery life yet.

Finally, like to thank the bros whole provided the answers to all my questions.

Cheers!
 
Last edited:

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
82,858
Reaction score
21,319
Guys. In lazada, some of the cheaper 1+1 is without google store.

What does it mean n what r the implications?
Is it easier to install google play into these units?
 

townman

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2001
Messages
473
Reaction score
7
Hi all,

Just some updates on my Chinese OPO...

As advised by some of the bros here, I flashed the phone to 33R Cyanogen, did the modem flash. Finally, I get a working phone. Phone managed to connect to LTE network and download speed is good. However not too sure why it keeps jumping between H+ and LTE. Also it seems to take a long time to register on the LTE network.

Finally I have decided that Cyanogen is not as good as what I have read.
I then flashed the phone back to Color OS, and did the Google mobile service flash. After using the phone for 2 days, I am quite happy with Color OS and I think I can finally retire my Note 2. I am getting good network connections, no sudden re-starts, able to access Google playstore and also China's apps. One limitation is that you would need to read simple Chinese for some of the app, which is not a problem for myself.

If you ask me if given a choice, would I buy the OPO?
Answer is no, at least not for the S$600+ I paid, inclusive of all freebies and shipping. There is just too much time spend fiddling with the software. And for a bit more, I think I can get a LG or Samsung. Of course, I have only use the phone for 3 days, I may fall in love with the phone after getting to know it a bit better.

I do get the yellow tint at the bottom of the screen, but it is not a big issue as you will only notice the tint if the whole screen is showing white. Otherwise, phone is beautiful, screen is sharp. Calls are good and people can hear me clearly. Haven't really got a feel of the battery life yet.

Finally, like to thank the bros whole provided the answers to all my questions.

Cheers!

The bottom line is you get the China version that give you the trouble, for us on International version, we don't face the network issue, I also don't pay $600+ to get the phone.

You could also flash other ROM,not necessary be Cyanogen.
 
Last edited:

Ks1991

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
9
Hi all,

Just some updates on my Chinese OPO...

As advised by some of the bros here, I flashed the phone to 33R Cyanogen, did the modem flash. Finally, I get a working phone. Phone managed to connect to LTE network and download speed is good. However not too sure why it keeps jumping between H+ and LTE. Also it seems to take a long time to register on the LTE network.

Finally I have decided that Cyanogen is not as good as what I have read.
I then flashed the phone back to Color OS, and did the Google mobile service flash. After using the phone for 2 days, I am quite happy with Color OS and I think I can finally retire my Note 2. I am getting good network connections, no sudden re-starts, able to access Google playstore and also China's apps. One limitation is that you would need to read simple Chinese for some of the app, which is not a problem for myself.

If you ask me if given a choice, would I buy the OPO?
Answer is no, at least not for the S$600+ I paid, inclusive of all freebies and shipping. There is just too much time spend fiddling with the software. And for a bit more, I think I can get a LG or Samsung. Of course, I have only use the phone for 3 days, I may fall in love with the phone after getting to know it a bit better.

I do get the yellow tint at the bottom of the screen, but it is not a big issue as you will only notice the tint if the whole screen is showing white. Otherwise, phone is beautiful, screen is sharp. Calls are good and people can hear me clearly. Haven't really got a feel of the battery life yet.

Finally, like to thank the bros whole provided the answers to all my questions.

Cheers!

i Paid 495 for the phone :s22:
 

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
13,510
Reaction score
24
Hi all,

Just some updates on my Chinese OPO...

As advised by some of the bros here, I flashed the phone to 33R Cyanogen, did the modem flash. Finally, I get a working phone. Phone managed to connect to LTE network and download speed is good. However not too sure why it keeps jumping between H+ and LTE. Also it seems to take a long time to register on the LTE network.

Finally I have decided that Cyanogen is not as good as what I have read.
I then flashed the phone back to Color OS, and did the Google mobile service flash. After using the phone for 2 days, I am quite happy with Color OS and I think I can finally retire my Note 2. I am getting good network connections, no sudden re-starts, able to access Google playstore and also China's apps. One limitation is that you would need to read simple Chinese for some of the app, which is not a problem for myself.

If you ask me if given a choice, would I buy the OPO?
Answer is no, at least not for the S$600+ I paid, inclusive of all freebies and shipping. There is just too much time spend fiddling with the software. And for a bit more, I think I can get a LG or Samsung. Of course, I have only use the phone for 3 days, I may fall in love with the phone after getting to know it a bit better.

I do get the yellow tint at the bottom of the screen, but it is not a big issue as you will only notice the tint if the whole screen is showing white. Otherwise, phone is beautiful, screen is sharp. Calls are good and people can hear me clearly. Haven't really got a feel of the battery life yet.

Finally, like to thank the bros whole provided the answers to all my questions.

Cheers!
Should have done your research before buying the chinese opo, it's not a international set for a reason. I have no idea what freebies you got along for your deal but you have gotten the short end of the stick considering the amount you paid for a chinese opo.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,966
Reaction score
2,571
Hi all,

Just some updates on my Chinese OPO...

As advised by some of the bros here, I flashed the phone to 33R Cyanogen, did the modem flash. Finally, I get a working phone. Phone managed to connect to LTE network and download speed is good. However not too sure why it keeps jumping between H+ and LTE. Also it seems to take a long time to register on the LTE network.

Finally I have decided that Cyanogen is not as good as what I have read.
I then flashed the phone back to Color OS, and did the Google mobile service flash. After using the phone for 2 days, I am quite happy with Color OS and I think I can finally retire my Note 2. I am getting good network connections, no sudden re-starts, able to access Google playstore and also China's apps. One limitation is that you would need to read simple Chinese for some of the app, which is not a problem for myself.

If you ask me if given a choice, would I buy the OPO?
Answer is no, at least not for the S$600+ I paid, inclusive of all freebies and shipping. There is just too much time spend fiddling with the software. And for a bit more, I think I can get a LG or Samsung. Of course, I have only use the phone for 3 days, I may fall in love with the phone after getting to know it a bit better.

I do get the yellow tint at the bottom of the screen, but it is not a big issue as you will only notice the tint if the whole screen is showing white. Otherwise, phone is beautiful, screen is sharp. Calls are good and people can hear me clearly. Haven't really got a feel of the battery life yet.

Finally, like to thank the bros whole provided the answers to all my questions.

Cheers!

Samsung? :s13: don't make me laugh bro.. u try rooting/flash another rom. there goes ur warranty.

LG? U mean G3 arh? Battery life is crazy. Customer of mine, didn't last a day...

and u paid $600+ for a china version? did u really do your homework before buying it?
 

reubyy

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
u all the opo the vibration strong anot? mine set to 100% like still quite weak lei... any idea how to make in stronger?
 

Ks1991

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
9
Samsung? :s13: don't make me laugh bro.. u try rooting/flash another rom. there goes ur warranty.

LG? U mean G3 arh? Battery life is crazy. Customer of mine, didn't last a day...

and u paid $600+ for a china version? did u really do your homework before buying it?

He damm sad already, we should stop adding salt to the wound and give him a break :o
 

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
9,475
Reaction score
683
Guys. In lazada, some of the cheaper 1+1 is without google store.

What does it mean n what r the implications?
Is it easier to install google play into these units?

EXPORT) OnePlus One A0001 LTE 64GB without Google Play Black
475.00
Subtotal SGD 475.00
Promotional Discount -SGD 47.50
Shipping free above $40
Total (7% GST incl.) SGD 427.50
Voucher can't be used with cart discount rule
:s13::s13: just flash your own cm and i'll be the same with the playstore
 

Synnexo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
728
Reaction score
90
The bottom line is you get the China version that give you the trouble, for us on International version, we don't face the network issue, I also don't pay $600+ to get the phone.

You could also flash other ROM,not necessary be Cyanogen.

There's no hardware difference from China & International set. I paid $456 for it.

I'm using China set & running Mokee rom. Things are alright this far & personally, I think Mokee is better than CM.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top