ONEPlus ONE phone

zitseng

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
775
Reaction score
2
Is it recommended to upgrade to the latest firmware 38R?

Haven really got chance to test the phone out but I am so afraid after reading reviews of phone getting back after a month or so :/

I've upgraded to 38R, no problems. Generally 38R was supposed to have fixed the earlier problems.
 

poorboii

Master Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
3,914
Reaction score
0
The WCDMA and LTE radio bands.

bands_int-chi.jpg


Source: What are the differences between the International and Chinese OnePlus One?

actually there aren't that much big differences =0
 

Fresh7788

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2011
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

Good day and this is pretty Urgent- my one plus one suddenly failed me last night

This is how it happened
I was holding the hp in my hands when i felt it rebooting- the vibration alerted me.. I initially thought i had accidentally hit the power button.
when it rebooted- my wall paper was gone. didn't notice much except i didn't have reception.

What I did
Tried to reboot the hp a couple of times but it still wouldn't source for a signal.
When I didn’t see my own selected wall paper appearing
Suspected that it might be a hard disk failure- went to check the pictures / gallery and nothing is loaded.

I had no idea what was happening read the forum and decided to do a Full factory reset.

This is the scary part.
i would see the boot animation- once i was ask to select my language- before i could even hit next. the screen would hang and the phone would reboot- this process keeps repeating and it would hang in a matter of seconds, whether i press on anything etc- if i hit the next button on the language selection page fast enough- i might occasionally get into the next page- which is to scan for WIFI- and it would hang there and repeat itself again.

i manage to get into FAST BOOT / Hard reset but this is as far as I can go to seeing anything functional in my hp.

this is pretty troubling! I need some advice and help here.. Appreciate it guy!
 

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
Hi Guys,

Good day and this is pretty Urgent- my one plus one suddenly failed me last night

This is how it happened
I was holding the hp in my hands when i felt it rebooting- the vibration alerted me.. I initially thought i had accidentally hit the power button.
when it rebooted- my wall paper was gone. didn't notice much except i didn't have reception.

What I did
Tried to reboot the hp a couple of times but it still wouldn't source for a signal.
When I didn’t see my own selected wall paper appearing
Suspected that it might be a hard disk failure- went to check the pictures / gallery and nothing is loaded.

I had no idea what was happening read the forum and decided to do a Full factory reset.

This is the scary part.
i would see the boot animation- once i was ask to select my language- before i could even hit next. the screen would hang and the phone would reboot- this process keeps repeating and it would hang in a matter of seconds, whether i press on anything etc- if i hit the next button on the language selection page fast enough- i might occasionally get into the next page- which is to scan for WIFI- and it would hang there and repeat itself again.

i manage to get into FAST BOOT / Hard reset but this is as far as I can go to seeing anything functional in my hp.

this is pretty troubling! I need some advice and help here.. Appreciate it guy!

Go search for luc777's post. He posted some links with solutions...
 

winthony

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
14,588
Reaction score
26
Was looking around for accessories.

Bought a Nillkin Tempered glass but still looking around for cases.

Any recommendation for cases that has the best protection in terms of shock absorption
 

winthony

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
14,588
Reaction score
26

andysgp

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I am very interested in getting an OPO from China but the prob is the phone will be without Google Playstore.

Could you anyone advise me how to root the phone and install google playstore? (Please be as detail as possible).

Thank you
 

lalalalalala

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2005
Messages
53,901
Reaction score
15,853
Hi everyone,

I am very interested in getting an OPO from China but the prob is the phone will be without Google Playstore.

Could you anyone advise me how to root the phone and install google playstore? (Please be as detail as possible).

Thank you
google, there are tons of tutorials and videos on youtube guiding you whether it is download playstore on color os or flashing to cm11s with playstore
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top