ONEPlus ONE phone

Vindicatum

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Anybody know a good flip cover case. I don't want the official one as I've read that its quality is not so good.
 

miyamiya

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
2,204
Reaction score
0
Thanks!
I attempted a hard-reset, but was stuck..cos the screen remained dark, can't see the text :(

Neither could I do the "fastboot" cos I can't see what's on the screen.

Is there a way I can do everything via the command prompt without accessing the phone screen?

What do you mean by you cannot see what's on the screen?

If you hold power button and volume down button until it vibrates, the phone should go into fastboot mode. The words "fastboot mode" with the cyanogenmod mascot will appear on the screen of the phone.

That means you are in fastboot mode. From there you connect your phone to your windows pc then do all the commands using command prompt in windows.

So what's the situation now? Can you hold your power button and volume down buttons until something happens? Or nothing happens at all?

Edit: Ok, I reread your post, you said your screen very black... can take photo and show? I think there might be something wrong with your screen instead... if suay means it's hardware problem liao.
 
Last edited:

jerminator

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
What do you mean by you cannot see what's on the screen?

If you hold power button and volume down button until it vibrates, the phone should go into fastboot mode. The words "fastboot mode" with the cyanogenmod mascot will appear on the screen of the phone.

That means you are in fastboot mode. From there you connect your phone to your windows pc then do all the commands using command prompt in windows.

So what's the situation now? Can you hold your power button and volume down buttons until something happens? Or nothing happens at all?

Edit: Ok, I reread your post, you said your screen very black... can take photo and show? I think there might be something wrong with your screen instead... if suay means it's hardware problem liao.



This is the best I've got, it's really hard to see, i've boxed up the battery icon...it's essentially the low batt icon.
right before this happened, the screen was just fine though, so I'm not sure if it's the hardware.
xJxPdel.jpg


basically, it's a black screen, then I can see either the battery icon if plugged in, or the 1 plus logo verrrrrrrry faintly, but it's there.

When I hold the power button, it vibrates after some time.
similarly, when I hold the vol + and vol - buttons with the power button

I attempted the unbrick thingy here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/solution-recover-from-hard-bricked-oneplus-one.104943/

But I can't manage to even install the driver.
I had to use the Samsung driver here: How to Install OnePlus One USB Drivers on Windows

even after that, i got these errors:
boot.img: FAILED
persist.img: FAILED
recovery.img: FAILED
 

miyamiya

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
2,204
Reaction score
0
This is the best I've got, it's really hard to see, i've boxed up the battery icon...it's essentially the low batt icon.
right before this happened, the screen was just fine though, so I'm not sure if it's the hardware.
xJxPdel.jpg


basically, it's a black screen, then I can see either the battery icon if plugged in, or the 1 plus logo verrrrrrrry faintly, but it's there.

When I hold the power button, it vibrates after some time.
similarly, when I hold the vol + and vol - buttons with the power button

I attempted the unbrick thingy here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/solution-recover-from-hard-bricked-oneplus-one.104943/

But I can't manage to even install the driver.
I had to use the Samsung driver here: How to Install OnePlus One USB Drivers on Windows

even after that, i got these errors:
boot.img: FAILED
persist.img: FAILED
recovery.img: FAILED
Siao liao, looks like your phone got major hardware problem. But I'm only referring to the screen. It should not look that faint, think the screen got defect or something.

As for the errors, have you unlocked your bootloader before? You can't flash anything on a locked bootloader that's why got error come out. But if you got unlocked it already... then really got some problem.

Can you get into fastboot mode? At least see the fastboot logo very faintly on the screen?

It should look like this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAhGW7ZCEE
 

jerminator

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Siao liao, looks like your phone got major hardware problem. But I'm only referring to the screen. It should not look that faint, think the screen got defect or something.

As for the errors, have you unlocked your bootloader before? You can't flash anything on a locked bootloader that's why got error come out. But if you got unlocked it already... then really got some problem.

Can you get into fastboot mode? At least see the fastboot logo very faintly on the screen?

It should look like this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAhGW7ZCEE

nooope, never seen that alien icon, just tried, I think the alien go home liao..not appearing on my screen
I've only had the phone a week, barely done anything to it..soooo bootloader locked.
any way to unlock it other than using the screen?
 

blade007

Master Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
3,379
Reaction score
0
anyone bought this phone from China (Taobao or official one plus?)

Any reliable source to buy it from?

Was thinking to buy it from China, since I have contacts over there, easier to manage if any repairs required.

Any advise there?
 

hellhole

Master Member
Joined
May 25, 2001
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
618
anyone bought this phone from China (Taobao or official one plus?)

Any reliable source to buy it from?

Was thinking to buy it from China, since I have contacts over there, easier to manage if any repairs required.

Any advise there?

i rather buy from oneplus themselves...

these are the places oneplus ship to..

  • United States
  • Sweden
  • Denmark
  • Netherlands
  • United Kingdom
  • Spain
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Finland
  • Belgium
  • Austria
  • Canada
  • Hong Kong
  • Taiwan
  • Portugal
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,945
Reaction score
1,720
anyone bought this phone from China (Taobao or official one plus?)

Any reliable source to buy it from?

Was thinking to buy it from China, since I have contacts over there, easier to manage if any repairs required.

Any advise there?

u missed the preorder last night?
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,945
Reaction score
1,720
hi guys, i cracked my opo screen, now touch is not working... :(

does anyone have any lobang where to fix it?

Ofc8PWm.jpg


Z54QFXw.jpg

u use a flip case n dropped n cracked?
think i saw taobao got spare parts... if u noe how to changed.
if not shipping fee + repair fee= can buy a new phone
 

lalalalalala

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2005
Messages
53,907
Reaction score
15,858
This is the best I've got, it's really hard to see, i've boxed up the battery icon...it's essentially the low batt icon.
right before this happened, the screen was just fine though, so I'm not sure if it's the hardware.
xJxPdel.jpg


basically, it's a black screen, then I can see either the battery icon if plugged in, or the 1 plus logo verrrrrrrry faintly, but it's there.

When I hold the power button, it vibrates after some time.
similarly, when I hold the vol + and vol - buttons with the power button

I attempted the unbrick thingy here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/solution-recover-from-hard-bricked-oneplus-one.104943/

But I can't manage to even install the driver.
I had to use the Samsung driver here: How to Install OnePlus One USB Drivers on Windows

even after that, i got these errors:
boot.img: FAILED
persist.img: FAILED
recovery.img: FAILED
think is hardware, ur backlight faulty. raise ticket and send the phone back ask them replace. send back can use post office those bubble envelope. as for shipment back can use 65daigou forwarder $4.50 should be able to ship back liao

btw u got try charging the battery? like just let it charge for 8 hours and see can on anot
 
Last edited:

miyamiya

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
2,204
Reaction score
0
nooope, never seen that alien icon, just tried, I think the alien go home liao..not appearing on my screen
I've only had the phone a week, barely done anything to it..soooo bootloader locked.
any way to unlock it other than using the screen?

You need to be in fastboot mode in order to do anything with the phone. If you can't see the alien then nothing you type in the command prompt will work because your pc cannot recognize the phone.

Looks like you can't get into fastboot at all and I can't really recommend any other thing to you. Only option is try to charge your phone. Check if your adapter and cable is really working too, sometimes your phone not charging because the cable or adapter is spoilt.

But if still cannot... looks like you need to RMA liao.
 

blade007

Master Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
3,379
Reaction score
0
u missed the preorder last night?

Not exactly, was not in for that pre-order thinking it would be better off buying from China.
i rather buy from oneplus themselves...

these are the places oneplus ship to..

Thanks for the list, I understand they ship to those countries also. Was just thinking it would be easier to get it from China since contacts there, repairs wise would be easy to send back and such since every 2 months there are people coming to and fro.
Plus savings from shipping + tax. NFC not a big deal for me, not that useful so far.

Want to know more about the Color OS set and also anywhere reliable to buy from? Any one? I know most sets from Qoo10 are China sets as well....
 

jerminator

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
think is hardware, ur backlight faulty. raise ticket and send the phone back ask them replace. send back can use post office those bubble envelope. as for shipment back can use 65daigou forwarder $4.50 should be able to ship back liao

btw u got try charging the battery? like just let it charge for 8 hours and see can on anot

I charge 12 hours, overnight also cannot :(
 

jerminator

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
You need to be in fastboot mode in order to do anything with the phone. If you can't see the alien then nothing you type in the command prompt will work because your pc cannot recognize the phone.

Looks like you can't get into fastboot at all and I can't really recommend any other thing to you. Only option is try to charge your phone. Check if your adapter and cable is really working too, sometimes your phone not charging because the cable or adapter is spoilt.

But if still cannot... looks like you need to RMA liao.

sigh, alright, I'll get in touch with them to see what i can do
thanks for all your help!!! appreciate it :D
 

Synnexo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
728
Reaction score
90
anyone bought this phone from China (Taobao or official one plus?)

Any reliable source to buy it from?

Was thinking to buy it from China, since I have contacts over there, easier to manage if any repairs required.

Any advise there?

I think no difference.

If u buy from Lazada or Qoo10, u may be able to get it cheaper from site promotion. Usually, it comes with 7 days to a month of warranty. After that, u are on your own. If require repair, send to your contacts for assistance.
 

miyamiya

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
2,204
Reaction score
0
sigh, alright, I'll get in touch with them to see what i can do
thanks for all your help!!! appreciate it :D

Ok, good luck. Last try is to do all button combo like hold power for 20 secs, power+volume up and down etc and see if alien will come out.
 

Zanter

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
974
Reaction score
0
Can someone be so kind as to send me an invite? Or if you want something for it, pm me and I will see what I can do. Thanks in advance!
 

nachocheese

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
9,699
Reaction score
163
really disappointed with my new opo with its wifi speed. running stock cm11s 44s update with stock kernel

i did a speedtest test with both my nexus 5 n opo (2.4ghz and 5ghz)

opo (2.4ghz)
1.75mbps dl / 9.51mbps upload
n5 (2.4ghz)
12.02mbps dl / 4.15mbps upload

opo (5ghz)
2.59mbps dl / 7.00mbps upload
n5 (5ghz)
55.32mbps dl / 33.25mbps upload

even thou speedtest is a theoretical test but i can feel the slowness when accessing the internet.

anyone having similar wifi issue?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top