online accommodation booking

sesame246

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
502
Reaction score
18
hi,
which is better and safer - hotels.com, agoda, booking.com, expedia?

i hv bad experience with expedia,. Tried agoda ok.

any promo codes ?

thanks
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
hi,
which is better and safer - hotels.com, agoda, booking.com, expedia?

i hv bad experience with expedia,. Tried agoda ok.

any promo codes ?

thanks

No single one stands out ...
Hotel A might be cheaper in expedia, more expensive in agoda.
Hotel B might be cheaper in agoda, more expensive in expedia ...

Promo codes have to google from time to time ...
 

sesame246

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
502
Reaction score
18
No single one stands out ...
Hotel A might be cheaper in expedia, more expensive in agoda.
Hotel B might be cheaper in agoda, more expensive in expedia ...

Promo codes have to google from time to time ...


I hv a promo code for Hotels.com but hv not tried it before. So am mindful.

Agoda is fine.
 

sesame246

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
502
Reaction score
18
For those with free cancellation, how soon will they process the refund? Is it troublesome?

If it is, then i will select the option under "pay at hotel" but it is more expensive. :-(
 

ssian84

Master Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
3,495
Reaction score
1
Booking.com and Expedia have customer service hotline which offers very good services and help in the event when you are facing issues.

My experience with booking.com was very good. The hotel I had booked with them was really terrible. Requested refund from hotel was rejected and since I booked via booking.com I complained with booking.com and ultimately a C.S. explained to me that hotel refused to refund due and on goodwill, booking.com gave me credits for next booking with their site. This was my experience and the C.S. did call back.

As for Expedia, it was about an additional charge which I didn’t know would incur in my booking. Same thing, I requested refund and C.S. took it up and refunded me after their internal reviewing. So I would say these two sites are pretty good in terms of C.S., having someone there to assist you when you needed one.

As for agoda, usually credit card promo very good. I booked with them at times and hotels usually are confirmed for my case.

I have positive experiences with the above 3sites

As mentioned by another that price may differ so simply need to check while they do offer cash back option with shop back as well besides credit card promos

Didn’t try hotel site
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
I hv a promo code for Hotels.com but hv not tried it before. So am mindful.

Agoda is fine.

Prices for hotels.com and expedia is usually about the same for most hotels.
they are under one group ...

hotels.com once u use promo code, u wont be entitled to the free night stay.
the free night is based on 10% of your total amount spent for that 10 nights, excluding taxes ...

Promo code is not applicable to selected hotels, such as selected international hotel chains...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
For those with free cancellation, how soon will they process the refund? Is it troublesome?

If it is, then i will select the option under "pay at hotel" but it is more expensive. :-(

Normally within few days for agoda ...
expedia and hotels.com also within few days ...

if u have chosen "pay at hotel" u wont be able to use coupons, if your hotel is eligible to use ...
 

natematedate

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2019
Messages
548
Reaction score
1
My experiences with Expedia have only been positive also :s13:

Booking.com and Expedia have customer service hotline which offers very good services and help in the event when you are facing issues.

My experience with booking.com was very good. The hotel I had booked with them was really terrible. Requested refund from hotel was rejected and since I booked via booking.com I complained with booking.com and ultimately a C.S. explained to me that hotel refused to refund due and on goodwill, booking.com gave me credits for next booking with their site. This was my experience and the C.S. did call back.

As for Expedia, it was about an additional charge which I didn’t know would incur in my booking. Same thing, I requested refund and C.S. took it up and refunded me after their internal reviewing. So I would say these two sites are pretty good in terms of C.S., having someone there to assist you when you needed one.

As for agoda, usually credit card promo very good. I booked with them at times and hotels usually are confirmed for my case.

I have positive experiences with the above 3sites

As mentioned by another that price may differ so simply need to check while they do offer cash back option with shop back as well besides credit card promos

Didn’t try hotel site
 

winningeleven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
10,918
Reaction score
3,989
I always use hotelcombined and they will sort out the cheapest deal. Ended up mostly using booking.com,hotels and agoda.
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,829
Reaction score
1,779
if you can book direct you should. third party are not helpful when you need a refund
 

jodyyeoyeo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2019
Messages
776
Reaction score
6
I just find Expedia to be the best because you can book the flight AND hotel in one. It’s ALWAYS a cheaper than booking direct through the airline and hotel - but understand there are some downsides
 

Roonbo

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Always been using Agoda. Had bad experience with Hotels.com whereby reach the hotel and the hotel say there is no booking received. Might be hotel side err but well, never encounter this issue with Agoda before.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top