Oppo Reno12 series

DesilDesil

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2022
Messages
735
Reaction score
401
Vivo better?
More like Oppo gotten quite not worth for money, maybe deliberately shifting markets

Oppo still offering better spec and/or camera in their sister brand Oneplus/Realme so it's not completely lost, just that the main Oppo lineup gotten really muddied in the non flagship

They're hinging on their brand name to do what Samsung(2010s-early 2020s) doing and selling lower specs phone at more than it's "worth". Their premium range Foldables and flagships do at least seem respectable
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,753
Reaction score
28,169
Recently bought a case for Reno 12 from taobao and unable to fit well,seller told me the case for China version and export version is different?

Is that true? I thought both same dimensions and design except for the ROM?
 

DesilDesil

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2022
Messages
735
Reaction score
401
Recently bought a case for Reno 12 from taobao and unable to fit well,seller told me the case for China version and export version is different?

Is that true? I thought both same dimensions and design except for the ROM?

161.4 x 74.1 x 7.6 mm 177 g
vs
161.4 x 74.8 x 7.3 mm 179 g

Different processor and camera also
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,753
Reaction score
28,169
161.4 x 74.1 x 7.6 mm 177 g
vs
161.4 x 74.8 x 7.3 mm 179 g

Different processor and camera also

Thank you…. No wonder casing not compatible. This is really something new to me.

So if I buy from local shoppee seller should be safe?
 

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
5,724
Reaction score
89
Recently bought a case for Reno 12 from taobao and unable to fit well,seller told me the case for China version and export version is different?

Is that true? I thought both same dimensions and design except for the ROM?
must specify and say overseas version of your phone to taobao sellers for any case bought there...there are slight differences.
 

hwsstx

Master Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
4,823
Reaction score
3,537
Yesterday I was helping to trial SG's QR Code Immigration Clearance at Woodlands for bus.

I noticed my phone's screen dimmed (and then switched off), when I placed my phone's screen facing down for the QR to be scanned (this can happen as fast as within 5 sec). This disrupted the scanning, & I'd to repeat scanning by activating the screen again.

At home I get the same experience when I simulated by putting the phone's screen facing down.

I've tried extending auto screen off from 1 min (my default) to 2 min without success.

I looked for settings/features of affecting screen facing down but I can't find such settings/features.

My phone is Reno 12F 5G.

Anyone can help.

Added:
Disabling auto brightness didn't help; in fact it dims faster, 1 to 2 sec. However if I were not to put it face down but tilt it at a slant then the phone won't be dimmed.
 
Last edited:

The_King

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2003
Messages
28,255
Reaction score
11,487
It think I choose reno12 or v40/30 as it have charge limit, 2yr warranty and decent battery life as tested by gsmarena battery test

Also ssrr on honor x9c
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,753
Reaction score
28,169
Anyone knows how come in oppo 12 there is no indication of number of message in whatapp and sms? Normally in other phone there will be the indication of number if unread messages in the app icon.
 

hwsstx

Master Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
4,823
Reaction score
3,537
Anyone knows how come in oppo 12 there is no indication of number of message in whatapp and sms? Normally in other phone there will be the indication of number if unread messages in the app icon.
Search in Settings for the word Badges
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,753
Reaction score
28,169
Anyone encounter your edmw app always crash when replying to message? Despite I upgrade to color 14 still the same
 

lazy999

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
394
must specify and say overseas version of your phone to taobao sellers for any case bought there...there are slight differences.
Care to share which seller you know got sell oversea version of the case for reno12pro? I ask many sellers at taobao, all never sell oversea version,

Anyone care to share where you get your case from beside shopee?
 

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
5,724
Reaction score
89

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
5,724
Reaction score
89
Wonder why the global set dimension is different from the local set. = (
Make us want buy cover for the phone, so limited choice. Gan....
I bought the honeycomb design also, but from shopee.
shopee not always cheapest. taobao can be cheaper, but will need the voucher for shipping.
 

tuzantar

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
205
Wonder why the global set dimension is different from the local set. = (
Make us want buy cover for the phone, so limited choice. Gan....
I bought the honeycomb design also, but from shopee.
I just found out that the Global set has a microSD slot, which is slightly smaller than the one in the China set that doesn't have a microSD slot. Isn't omitting the microSD slot one of the reasons they can have slimmer phones? Its quite contradictory. I prefer a microSD slot anytime!
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,753
Reaction score
28,169
i find my Oppo 12 message ring tone is very limited, most of the ring tone are not distintive, anywhere to install more ring tone?
 

ixora2007

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2016
Messages
815
Reaction score
96
Using my phone as hotspot and Teams on my laptop can't connect. Anyone knows what settings to change in hotspot for it to work? Have tried other wifi n Teams on laptop works, also tried using my SIM on another mobile as hotspot and Teams works. So should be a setting issue on Reno.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top