Page loading delays, missing scroll bar, blank/white screen problems - Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
16,015
Reaction score
6,522
As titled, I'm starting this thread to help consolidate any concerns encountered.

Please kindly share full details for any concern raised:-
- Capture the problem with a screenshot
- Share what device and browser was used to access the forums
- When did it happen and is it repeatable (if this is applicable)

Thank you.

All non-useful posts will be removed/moderated.

Cannot scroll on forums/threads on pc Chrome browser Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build)
 

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
16,015
Reaction score
6,522
i can scroll normally. whats the problem?

am using 89.0.4389.90
Literally cannot scroll, middle click to move free scroll also cannot. I have to click the notification to reply to you right now, i simply cannot scroll within the same thread lol
Edit: now can scroll, i refreshed, cannot scroll again. So the problem is intermittent
 

Cobra!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
19,616
Reaction score
6,546
Literally cannot scroll, middle click to move free scroll also cannot. I have to click the notification to reply to you right now, i simply cannot scroll within the same thread lol
Edit: now can scroll, i refreshed, cannot scroll again. So the problem is intermittent
Ads sim si? Script may be running but you don't see the pic.
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
Literally cannot scroll, middle click to move free scroll also cannot. I have to click the notification to reply to you right now, i simply cannot scroll within the same thread lol
Edit: now can scroll, i refreshed, cannot scroll again. So the problem is intermittent
u using ad blocker?
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
yup this seems to be the case, turned off ad blocker extension and tons of ads popped out but the issue is gone.

this is pretty annoying.

On Chrome - for AdBlock users

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg##SPAN[class="welcome"]
forums.hardwarezone.com.sg###sphm_overlay

do this and your issue will disappear. No ads, instant loading speed - trust me. - i think Vijay should pin this.

VaAmcHc.jpg
 

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
16,677
Reaction score
1,588
On Chrome - for AdBlock users

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg##SPAN[class="welcome"]
forums.hardwarezone.com.sg###sphm_overlay

do this and your issue will disappear. No ads, instant loading speed - trust me. - i think Vijay should pin this.

VaAmcHc.jpg
I migrated from Chrome to Brave.
ruAUrhy.jpg

Added the above to Brave, uBlock Origin. Loading still slow. Brave blocks ads by default, even without the use of an extension.
For the moment, I use FF when browsing hardwarezone forums now.
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
I migrated from Chrome to Brave.
ruAUrhy.jpg

Added the above to Brave, uBlock Origin. Loading still slow. Brave blocks ads by default, even without the use of an extension.
For the moment, I use FF when browsing hardwarezone forums now.
i never use brave. :(
 

Yueming

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
49,110
Reaction score
6,464
On Chrome - for AdBlock users

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg##SPAN[class="welcome"]
forums.hardwarezone.com.sg###sphm_overlay

do this and your issue will disappear. No ads, instant loading speed - trust me. - i think Vijay should pin this.

VaAmcHc.jpg
i didnt have issues but added anyway :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

but after add...main EDMW page very slow
 

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
16,677
Reaction score
1,588
i never use brave. :(
Brave based on Chromium browser. I use Brave, after testing all 3 - Chrome, FF, Brave. Brave has the smallest footprint in terms of CPU usage when I surf eg hwz forums, other forums i watch, sports news, youtube, twitch etc.

I made the switch when the bloatedness of Chrome started becoming an issue with the higher than usual CPU usage.
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
Brave based on Chromium browser. I use Brave, after testing all 3 - Chrome, FF, Brave. Brave has the smallest footprint in terms of CPU usage when I surf eg hwz forums, other forums i watch, sports news, youtube, twitch etc.

I made the switch when the bloatedness of Chrome started becoming an issue with the higher than usual CPU usage.
i tried it before but can't recall why i dropped it. Maybe i should try again
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
i used brave now to load hwz, no need to do any special settings. not bad.
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,638
Reaction score
1,792
I recommend using EDGE also if got issues with chrome.

It works fine for edge :)
 

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,637
Reaction score
7,341
Brave based on Chromium browser. I use Brave, after testing all 3 - Chrome, FF, Brave. Brave has the smallest footprint in terms of CPU usage when I surf eg hwz forums, other forums i watch, sports news, youtube, twitch etc.

I made the switch when the bloatedness of Chrome started becoming an issue with the higher than usual CPU usage.
Edge also goot in terms of memory and cpu
 

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
16,677
Reaction score
1,588
i tried it before but can't recall why i dropped it. Maybe i should try again
I guess Brave is incompatible with some sites you regularly visit.

When I buy things online, I still stick to Chrome or FF. Since I also always default to Incognito, so not very certain that Brave browser won't encounter problems. By right it shouldn't. , but I don't want any loading issues when keying in and confirming credit card transactions.

I don't buy things online often enough for it to pose a problem when I have to switch. Right now, don't even have Chrome installed. Firefox is enough for my needs. Plus, Chrome likes to auto-update in the background, and that action seems to eat up some CPU, and it seems to always do auto-update when starting up the laptop. I could find a way to disable that, but its always possible that the auto-update in the background is defaulted again when Chrome updates to a new version.

Firefox default behavior is to check new version and update on opening Firefox. That one more clean lah for me.
 

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
16,677
Reaction score
1,588
Edge also goot in terms of memory and cpu
Don't like it, atm. See how. Now I browse the forums on FF, incognito mode.

Haven't yet fully tested footprint of FF and Edge on my current laptop, when surfing eg forums, news sites, video sites like youtube, streaming like Twitch.

It may well be that Edge has smaller footprint and faster loading. I will schedule some time to fully test between the 2 browsers for my most frequented sites and see how.
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
I guess Brave is incompatible with some sites you regularly visit.

When I buy things online, I still stick to Chrome or FF. Since I also always default to Incognito, so not very certain that Brave browser won't encounter problems. By right it shouldn't. , but I don't want any loading issues when keying in and confirming credit card transactions.

I don't buy things online often enough for it to pose a problem when I have to switch. Right now, don't even have Chrome installed. Firefox is enough for my needs. Plus, Chrome likes to auto-update in the background, and that action seems to eat up some CPU, and it seems to always do auto-update when starting up the laptop. I could find a way to disable that, but its always possible that the auto-update in the background is defaulted again when Chrome updates to a new version.

Firefox default behavior is to check new version and update on opening Firefox. That one more clean lah for me.

Good share.

Anyway the rewards is real? How to trigger it? Automatic?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top