Page loading delays, missing scroll bar, blank/white screen problems - Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,900
Reaction score
4,913
Don't like it, atm. See how. Now I browse the forums on FF, incognito mode.

Haven't yet fully tested footprint of FF and Edge on my current laptop, when surfing eg forums, news sites, video sites like youtube, streaming like Twitch.

It may well be that Edge has smaller footprint and faster loading. I will schedule some time to fully test between the 2 browsers for my most frequented sites and see how.
I've moved completely to Edge. Personally feel it's a little more polished than Firefox, and definitely has a smaller footprint over Chrome.

However, I've found sites that don't work in Chrome/Edge but only Firefox, and this is an oddity that I've not been able to properly resolve.
 

GameboyX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2010
Messages
20,011
Reaction score
91
is it just me or loading of pages in threads is very slow in mobile (have not tried pc)? loading of pages of threads is fine, but once I entered a thread, each page takes 6 to 12 seconds to load. using opera mobile.
 

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,648
Reaction score
7,348
I've moved completely to Edge. Personally feel it's a little more polished than Firefox, and definitely has a smaller footprint over Chrome.

However, I've found sites that don't work in Chrome/Edge but only Firefox, and this is an oddity that I've not been able to properly resolve.
Still going strong with Firefox. Sometimes it's even a bit too locked down for some commerce or script-bloated sites.

When I encounter such sites I use Brave or Edge, and they work fine. Well of course they are not as locked down...
 

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,648
Reaction score
7,348
Anybody encountered issue with blank loading screen on mobile whenever trying to read a new thread or go to next page?

Is it due to a script being blocked?
 

TouringSG

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2014
Messages
643
Reaction score
198
is it just me or loading of pages in threads is very slow in mobile (have not tried pc)? loading of pages of threads is fine, but once I entered a thread, each page takes 6 to 12 seconds to load. using opera mobile.
It's the same on desktop. Page completes loading (no more loading bar) but cannot scroll, takes another 10 seconds for scrollbar to appear.
 

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
37,222
Reaction score
10,774
Also, on desktop I get a blank white screen for about 10 seconds (11-12 seconds actually) every time I click something, whether it’s a thread, click on Search, click on login, etc etc ... every click means 11-12 seconds of white screen.

This is not new btw, it was like this on vBulletin. Whatever was causing it back then, y’all brought it over here as well.
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,637
Reaction score
1,791
Also, on desktop I get a blank white screen for about 10 seconds (11-12 seconds actually) every time I click something, whether it’s a thread, click on Search, click on login, etc etc ... every click means 11-12 seconds of white screen.

This is not new btw, it was like this on vBulletin. Whatever was causing it back then, y’all brought it over here as well.
You using chrome? They got some code issue from another thread. if you block it or something it is gone i think.

You can try using EDGE also.. so far no issue on my end :o

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/fix-lag-100.6488911/
 

spinning_quirK

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
43,648
Reaction score
7,348
I used Ublock to block First Party Scripts and now page load on mobile is instant.

Cannot liddat la bro....
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
On Chrome - for AdBlock users

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg##SPAN[class="welcome"]
forums.hardwarezone.com.sg###sphm_overlay

do this and your issue will disappear. No ads, instant loading speed - trust me. - i think Vijay should pin this.

VaAmcHc.jpg
read read read.

Those who complain issues on scrolling, slow load.


found an interesting style.

not as bright and what is XenForo?
F1LwNuF.jpg
Use this style. looks much better and loads immediately.
 

tatsit

High Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
160,970
Reaction score
28,975
For those facing missing scroll bar due to adblock, add this line into your filter
Code:
||www.hardwarezone.com.sg/css/sphmoverlay.css?**=4$stylesheet,domain=forums.hardwarezone.com.sg
 

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
36,557
Reaction score
88
dunno anyone mentioned this or not... can do something about loading speed...?? the browser already indicated everything downloaded... but den browser shows completely white page... takes me about 15s before the contents show... using firefox on desktop...


regards,
wacky
 

tatsit

High Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
160,970
Reaction score
28,975
dunno anyone mentioned this or not... can do something about loading speed...?? the browser already indicated everything downloaded... but den browser shows completely white page... takes me about 15s before the contents show... using firefox on desktop...


regards,
wacky
there is nothing wrong with the loading time. what you are seeing is most likely incomplete advertisement block.

try this
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/new-forum-bugs-reporting-list.6488755/post-133242926
 

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
36,557
Reaction score
88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top