Penrose Sims Villa

mistyframe

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Messages
65
Reaction score
38
Good location - near Aljunied mrt and near sims hawker also. Bunch of coffee shops nearby. Don’t see what’s there not to like. Price wise more palatable than Paya Lebar, see many sub-sales are HDB upgraders
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Good location - near Aljunied mrt and near sims hawker also. Bunch of coffee shops nearby. Don’t see what’s there not to like. Price wise more palatable than Paya Lebar, see many sub-sales are HDB upgraders
But then along PIE….constant zoom zoom noise
also mscp

other than that OK lah…still a huat kueh project with good entry price
 

mistyframe

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Messages
65
Reaction score
38
have a friend who bought an unit facing PIE. i think forever cannot open windows. haha
I visited my friend’s place today at Penrose. Also unit facing PIE. Actually the sound is just a humming sound, I use my Apple watch to test, about 60db only (considered normal). After a while I dont find it distracting just like background white noise. I heard the developer provided double glazed windows and there’s also acoustic panels. Quite pleasant surprise.

Last time my uncle stay at The Warren facing KJE. That one really cannot, everyday must close windows one.
So maybe technology has improved over time.

only cons is face expressway means must vacuum floor often. Haha
 

rlskyline

Master Member
Joined
May 21, 2012
Messages
4,333
Reaction score
1,123
I visited my friend’s place today at Penrose. Also unit facing PIE. Actually the sound is just a humming sound, I use my Apple watch to test, about 60db only (considered normal). After a while I dont find it distracting just like background white noise. I heard the developer provided double glazed windows and there’s also acoustic panels. Quite pleasant surprise.

Last time my uncle stay at The Warren facing KJE. That one really cannot, everyday must close windows one.
So maybe technology has improved over time.

only cons is face expressway means must vacuum floor often. Haha
the 60db is with windows opened?
but it's not just the noise, it's the dust and smoke that is constantly on
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
I visited my friend’s place today at Penrose. Also unit facing PIE. Actually the sound is just a humming sound, I use my Apple watch to test, about 60db only (considered normal). After a while I dont find it distracting just like background white noise. I heard the developer provided double glazed windows and there’s also acoustic panels. Quite pleasant surprise.

Last time my uncle stay at The Warren facing KJE. That one really cannot, everyday must close windows one.
So maybe technology has improved over time.

only cons is face expressway means must vacuum floor often. Haha
with open windows still bearable?
I been to One Leicester facing PIE basically js open the main door got to talk loudly liao :s13:
 

mistyframe

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Messages
65
Reaction score
38
the 60db is with windows opened?
but it's not just the noise, it's the dust and smoke that is constantly on
Yes Apple watch shows 60db with windows opened. I also surprised. I was expecting to shout across or close all windows the moment I step in given my past exp with The Warren. Plus today rainy weather so actually very breezy.

Yes dust cannot avoid so my friend has air purifier on constantly. But noise really not that loud or obvious, very negligible imo.
 

Inflicter

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
525
Reaction score
72
I went to view one of the units as a potential buyer. I left with lower expectations than before seeing it in person 😅

- I felt like the facilities were quite underwhelming to be honest (if it matters to you). Those above the MSCP are essentially not gonna be enjoyable cause they face the PIE. Not sure if I can really relax by that "relaxing pool" with the constant zooming of vehicles.
- The design and color of the facade is kinda... meh and questionable kinda.
- Thought I'll check out the hawker centres nearby. It was a Sat night, and only <40% of the stalls are opened. For Sims Vista hawker, probably only 10-20% are opened. Asked one of the food vendor and he said those that closed are cause they tend to close early, like after they're finished with food or just dont operate at night. 😕 so yeah if you're one who depends on outside food, something to note.

Apart from that, yeah no denying that location is pretty good. I think it helps that there's a bus stop outside the development which has bus services to get you to Aljunied MRT in case it rains and find it hard to walk, or just too hot haha
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
I went to view one of the units as a potential buyer. I left with lower expectations than before seeing it in person 😅

- I felt like the facilities were quite underwhelming to be honest (if it matters to you). Those above the MSCP are essentially not gonna be enjoyable cause they face the PIE. Not sure if I can really relax by that "relaxing pool" with the constant zooming of vehicles.
- The design and color of the facade is kinda... meh and questionable kinda.
- Thought I'll check out the hawker centres nearby. It was a Sat night, and only <40% of the stalls are opened. For Sims Vista hawker, probably only 10-20% are opened. Asked one of the food vendor and he said those that closed are cause they tend to close early, like after they're finished with food or just dont operate at night. 😕 so yeah if you're one who depends on outside food, something to note.

Apart from that, yeah no denying that location is pretty good. I think it helps that there's a bus stop outside the development which has bus services to get you to Aljunied MRT in case it rains and find it hard to walk, or just too hot haha
Sims Vista hawker mostly open biz during weekday lunch……hard to find parking
 

mistyframe

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Messages
65
Reaction score
38
I went to view one of the units as a potential buyer. I left with lower expectations than before seeing it in person 😅

- I felt like the facilities were quite underwhelming to be honest (if it matters to you). Those above the MSCP are essentially not gonna be enjoyable cause they face the PIE. Not sure if I can really relax by that "relaxing pool" with the constant zooming of vehicles.
- The design and color of the facade is kinda... meh and questionable kinda.
- Thought I'll check out the hawker centres nearby. It was a Sat night, and only <40% of the stalls are opened. For Sims Vista hawker, probably only 10-20% are opened. Asked one of the food vendor and he said those that closed are cause they tend to close early, like after they're finished with food or just dont operate at night. 😕 so yeah if you're one who depends on outside food, something to note.

Apart from that, yeah no denying that location is pretty good. I think it helps that there's a bus stop outside the development which has bus services to get you to Aljunied MRT in case it rains and find it hard to walk, or just too hot haha
There’s a couple of kopitiams just next to sims vista market and one more adjacent to Penrose so no lack of food options imo. There’s also a cafe that sells decent pasta and a roast meats aircon shop called MY Duck (?) or something. I was there in the evening too but didn’t feel there was a lack of food.

my friend who stays there tells me if I walk down to Sheng Shiong side there’s even more options but we didn’t venture there.
 

Inflicter

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
525
Reaction score
72
There’s a couple of kopitiams just next to sims vista market and one more adjacent to Penrose so no lack of food options imo. There’s also a cafe that sells decent pasta and a roast meats aircon shop called MY Duck (?) or something. I was there in the evening too but didn’t feel there was a lack of food.

my friend who stays there tells me if I walk down to Sheng Shiong side there’s even more options but we didn’t venture there.
Hmm yup we did go to the kopitiams adjacent to Sims Vista Market, and that's the one that I eventually settled down with. Just hoping that they do have more stalls opened haha
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Hmm yup we did go to the kopitiams adjacent to Sims Vista Market, and that's the one that I eventually settled down with. Just hoping that they do have more stalls opened haha
In the evening, pretty easy to stroll to Sims Ave/Geylang for dinner/supper as well
 

Shawntohhh

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, anyone interested in buying sims urban oasis 2B1B, 667 sq ft, pool facing, 1.35m.
WhatsApp me at 81194918
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top