glorfindel
Master Member
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2015
- Messages
- 3,138
- Reaction score
- 1,969
My RSP expired. Any alternative now? I can't to find any fund that costs 0.5% for lump sum, all 0.82%. Any advise?

You didn’t rotate?My RSP expired. Any alternative now? I can't to find any fund that costs 0.5% for lump sum, all 0.82%. Any advise?
You didn’t rotate?
https://www.posb.com.sg/iwov-resources/media/pdf/deposits/cashback-bonus-faq.pdf#page15Can still recognize for bonus if I put in Invest-Saver for a new fund?
https://www.posb.com.sg/iwov-resources/media/pdf/deposits/cashback-bonus-faq.pdf#page15
Need to stop n sell with a gap of at least 6 months then can restart
hmmm? did u look at page 15?Yeah, so can't rotate right? need to do lump sum for the next 6 months?
for rsp. can always redeem it as soon as it gets creditedYou can look at lower risk fund like money market fund. For a 0.82% charge and u get back $30(3% and of coz depending on how much ur fund fluctuates) is still worth it.
Look out for dbs promo for rsp charge rebate too.
Correct but for a few money market funds, their fluctuation can be about $10ish (comprised of higher charge and worse few days’ performance) compared to ABF bond when sold immediately after they are shown in my investment account.for rsp. can always redeem it as soon as it gets credited
the amount also higher right?Correct but for a few money market funds, their fluctuation can be about $10ish (comprised of higher charge and worse few days’ performance) compared to ABF bond when sold immediately after they are shown in my investment account.
Do u mean the investment amount? $1k. $10 is about 1%the amount also higher right?
yea. vs $100 for like rsp on etfDo u mean the investment amount? $1k. $10 is about 1%
I have tried $100 and $1000 rsp on etf and the latter has always been more worthy due to the net return from 3% cash rebates after sales and admin feeyea. vs $100 for like rsp on etf
u r looking at it from an investment perspective.I have tried $100 and $1000 esp on etf and the latter has always been more worthy due to the net return from 3% cash rebates after sales and admin fee
Oh I m referring to posb cashback. $3 vs $30 monthly cashback on investment category. In a way I m also maximising net return on the rebate and not on investment perspective. I sell immediately I see the fund in my investment acct.u r looking at it from an investment perspective.
some people are just looking minimising cost and maximising net return for high interest only
Always do your own due diligence to identify fake news!Can still recognize for bonus if I put in Invest-Saver for a new fund?
can you identify the fake news so all can learn?Always do your own due diligence to identify fake news!
You are right, a new fund (you never held/invest before in the past 6 mths) will qualify! With Invest-Saver promo, you can save some cost too!
https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/invest-saver
hmmm? did u look at page 15?
What RSP have you done so far?
you need to note the timing they mention. terminate AND re-purchase within 6 months of the same fund no count.So the part that confuses me is the mention of repurchase is not recognized. Does it mean repurchase of same fund or repurchase of any fund with Invest-Saver?
there are other ETFs with 0.5% fees u got see under invest saverSo far only did RSP for the Shenton Short term bond fund
you need to note the timing they mention. terminate AND re-purchase within 6 months of the same fund no count.
it also wouldn't count if you have terminate AND re-purchase AFTER 6 months IF you haven't redeem all the units prior to that.
there are other ETFs with 0.5% fees u got see under invest saver