"Prevention Information"

Leonard_Ong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
11
Starting yesterday, I received a badge in notification window with text: "Prevention Information. An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device ...'. Funny thing is that, I"m not rooted, all new apps installed yesterday was closed, norton anti-virus found nothing.

Anyone has the same issue?
 

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2000
Messages
5,935
Reaction score
0
Starting yesterday, I received a badge in notification window with text: "Prevention Information. An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device ...'. Funny thing is that, I"m not rooted, all new apps installed yesterday was closed, norton anti-virus found nothing.

Anyone has the same issue?

I got this message everything i am using the transcab app... Not rooted
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
Starting yesterday, I received a badge in notification window with text: "Prevention Information. An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device ...'. Funny thing is that, I"m not rooted, all new apps installed yesterday was closed, norton anti-virus found nothing.

Anyone has the same issue?
If you have not rooted your phone and you got this message, maybe you need to check your knox warranty void flag in download mode.
 

Leonard_Ong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
11
If you have not rooted your phone and you got this message, maybe you need to check your knox warranty void flag in download mode.

From Setting:
Device Status: Official

From Download mode:
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Reactivation Lock: Off
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0

Seems fine.
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
From Setting:
Device Status: Official

From Download mode:
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Reactivation Lock: Off
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0

Seems fine.
Then I have no idea why non rooted devices also getting that message. :s13:
 

Leonard_Ong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
11
Just a quick update. definitely caused be an app. I have uninstalled recent apps and it's gone. Trying to pinpoint which one.
 

adrwong

Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
257
Reaction score
28
Just a quick update. definitely caused be an app. I have uninstalled recent apps and it's gone. Trying to pinpoint which one.

Ts... I have the same problem since yesterday too. Non rooted phone. Didn't really install a lot of apps.
 

henrywjkoh

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
1,571
Reaction score
0
i just suddenly got this message too. when i checked the application list, there's 2 items which looked suspicious to me cos i did not download them on my on at all.

Under the downloaded tab
1) ANT Radio Service
2) ANT+ Plugins

Do any of you all got these 2 apps in your downloaded list as well?
 

LearnIT

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
914
Reaction score
0
I started getting this 'Prevention information' since ytd. Super annoying. It will show up everytime i connect to Wifi.

I only know temporary fix.
-hold the 'prevention information' message
-press app info
-press force stop.

But if you restart the phone, it will come back again. I did not install any app recently.
 

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2001
Messages
16,080
Reaction score
50
Dont need to root. To uninstall, just activate and setup knox on the phone and then while running knox, press the menu button>about knox>uninstall.

this step didn't work for me ... i'm still getting the notification :s22:
 

aroana

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
291
Reaction score
0
this step didn't work for me ... i'm still getting the notification :s22:

there are at least 5 files that's connected to Knox notifications, if you're not rooted there's no way you can uninstall or freeze these files.:)
 

sirbljm

Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
378
Reaction score
0
so we can safely say for now that (if unrooted), there is no fix for this damn problem?
 

duckling

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2000
Messages
4,451
Reaction score
11
I also started to have this message since today...kind of hard to narrow down which app causes it.
 

toyknight

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
828
Reaction score
4
I also getting this msg since yesterday. Really hard to find out which app is causing it.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top