1. Mono
2. Print only
3. Low
4. As low as possible
5. Networked. Require bypass tray (specifically for envelope printing)
Brother HL-2240dw is the cheapest with bypass tray.. you may want to consider Fuji Xerox P255dw also
thanks for the prompt response!
mmm the Brother HL-2240DW only can manage 1 sheet bypass whilst the Fuji Xerox P255DW is 10.
Are there any others that has a bigger intray for bypass?
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a colour laser printer of the following specs:
- able to print on US letter sized paper (8.5 x 11 inches)
- produce high quality prints
- multifunction not required but good to have
Currently shortlisted Fuji Xerox CP305d, but looking to see if there are other models worth considering and hope to get some recommendation here.
1. How does the print quality of CM205f compare with CP305d? Which would be a better buy?
2. Are there any comparable models from Canon and HP?
Thanks in advance!
Hey, thanks for your help bro! im currently contemplating hl-2240d or hl-2270dw @courts, $30 more for the wireless function, sounds tempting!
Anyway, I have a old hp inkjet AIO, 1400 series. I would like to check how can i photocopy using the HL2240/2270+HP1400??
TIA!
Fuji Xerox P355db 50 sheets bypass tray
M255z Functions:
Duplex PRINT ONLY
Normal single side copy/scan
But got WIRELESS
Warranty- 2(parts and labour free) +2 (parts free but need to pay $60 for labour) Years
Toner
2.5k page yield $105
Twin pack 2.5k x 2 $180
Got compatible toners
2.5k page yield 1 for $49, 3 for $120
M355df Functions:
Duplex PRINT COPY SCAN
But no wireless, has network port
Warranty- 3 (parts and labour free) years
Toner
10k page yield $277
No compatible toners yet.
Hope this helps
Thanks! That was very helpful.
I was actually contemplating a FX colour multifunction laser with auto duplex print/scan/copy but couldn't find a model that has all those features. Are you aware of one in the sub-$1000 range?
Otherwise, I am thinking of getting the M355df and a separate colour laser printer. Is the M355df a good buy? Couldn't find any reviews online. Can you recommend a good value colour laser printer? Thanks a million!

Thanks for the information Eric and Toner.
This is for home use. Sick of topping up and replacing ink tanks so thinking of one-time investment in laser to last a few years. Auto print/copy/scan duplex is highly desirable for me as a time-saver, and I tend to print more mono documents than colour docs/photos. Print volume is about 100 pages a month or so. Reliability and warranty service level must be good as I hate dealing with printer problems. Budget ideally about 700-800 but can be stretched to 1k if necessary.
As of now, I am inclined to settle for a M355df as the main workhorse, and a CP205w for colour printing. Do you think this is the best value combination?
BTW, do we need special photo printing paper for laser printing?
Yah just nice warranty also 3 years.Wow with M355df free toner promo I have a feeling you may not have to change your toner for 3 years hahaha Starting toner 2k page yield, free toner 4k page yield.
looking for a print/scan/copy with wireless printer for home usage.
ink must be cheap especially black color
will it be good to wait for it show, wads the diff?
Target range ard 150.