Prism+ TV

Victory088

Reaction score
Good evening! We have tested Disney+ to be working with our Android TVs (Q and QE series) only. The E-series is running on a Linux OS which restricts the TV from downloading any applications. You can only utilize the pre-installed apps of the TV. Alternatively, you can do screencasting from your device if you want to watch other content that is not available on the E-series.

In short.. No for the old model.

micgoh

Reaction score
Hi guys my parents are asking me to get them a 65inch TV. Is prism good?

NineNineNine

Reaction score
I am helping someone buy and setup a soundbar for the PRISM+ Q55QE.

I noticed that the HDMI-1 port is HDMI ARC compatible according to the tech specs but on the back of the set it just says HDMI1 and not HDMI1(ARC) like most TVs would.

So is that HDMI1 port ARC compatible or not?

Can the Android OS CEC feature allow the TV to control Power On/Off and Volume Up/Down on the ARC compatible soundbar?

Would really appreciate it if anyone who actually successfully set up an Android PRISM+ Q series set with an ARC compatible soundbar could also share the brand/model of the soundbar please.

Werew0lf

Reaction score
I have been using prism+ E55 for a year now and I'm quite happy with it except for two things. It's connected via my soundbar and shield using hdmi arc and (1) once in a while the tv menu pops up after switching them on, blocking half of the screen, i have no idea how to totally disable it. i've played around some tv settings to no avail so any input from other users are welcome (tech support is useless). because of this annoying menu, (2) i have to use tv remote and point it to that SPECIFIC lower right corner, and there is a specific spot that you have to hit with a precise angle lol! Both issues are also experienced by a friend who owns E65.

Mortgage Advisor

Reaction score
hi guys any review on prism w240? considering this between this and the curved screen.
Heard that prism QC not that good

vodaboy

Reaction score
I am helping someone buy and setup a soundbar for the PRISM+ Q55QE.

I noticed that the HDMI-1 port is HDMI ARC compatible according to the tech specs but on the back of the set it just says HDMI1 and not HDMI1(ARC) like most TVs would.

So is that HDMI1 port ARC compatible or not?

Can the Android OS CEC feature allow the TV to control Power On/Off and Volume Up/Down on the ARC compatible soundbar?

Would really appreciate it if anyone who actually successfully set up an Android PRISM+ Q series set with an ARC compatible soundbar could also share the brand/model of the soundbar please.
I'm using the Q65QE, indeed the "ARC" isn't printed on the TV but I can confirm that HDMI1 is ARC enabled. When I press the power or volume buttons on the TV's remote, it controls the soundbar. My soundbar is the Sony HT-G700. Hope this helps!

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend a soundbar for prism tv and can use 1 remote to control tv and soundbar sound. It's quite troublesome to have so many remote to control so many things.

EmmaRichard

Reaction score
I have this FAC TEST MODE thingy on the top left hand corner of my Prism tv.
Am running some content via an android box and using TPLINK router.
Checked all, nothing is faulty.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thank you.

samnoah

Reaction score
Does anyone have Q series (mine is Q65-QE) with Sonos 5.1 surround set up (mine is a Playbase with 2x One SL, 1x Sub)? Dolby digital doesn’t have any output through my rears and Prism+ support says it’s TV incompatibility ☹️

update: Tv must be set to passthrough for Dolby surround to work with Sonos 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

BoOwOoBoY

Reaction score
I have issue outputting 5.1 surround to my old LG home theatre system via SPDIF and HDMI ARC. Rear sound still play from front speaker when playing "Test" video from Netflix. The passthrough like a sucks only.

samnoah

Reaction score
I have issue outputting 5.1 surround to my old LG home theatre system via SPDIF and HDMI ARC. Rear sound still play from front speaker when playing "Test" video from Netflix. The passthrough like a sucks only.
Oh no, that’s good to know I’m not the only one facing this issue.

Justanotheruser23

Reaction score
Anyone using a Q55QE? Mine appears to have a greenish tint and i cant seem to adjust any of the settings to make it normal. I compared with the E55 and Q 55. Only the QE is greenish. Prism support told me its normal, so anyone using the QE version?

samnoah

Reaction score
Anyone using a Q55QE? Mine appears to have a greenish tint and i cant seem to adjust any of the settings to make it normal. I compared with the E55 and Q 55. Only the QE is greenish. Prism support told me its normal, so anyone using the QE version?
I have a Q65-QE but no such issue

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.