Prism+ TV

coolfire

Reaction score
Just got delivery for my Q65-QE this evening. So far looks good. Will need more viewing to see if this holds out good.

convex

Reaction score
Anyone knows the download page for the manual for Prism+ E65?
Can someone explain how to access the internet browser, the history of the browser, how to activate the keyboard in order to type into the address bar etc on the E65? Or any video or documents showing how to use the browser? I had tried to google but nothing relevant found so far. Thanks in advance.

Rod Stroker

Reaction score
So I've had the Q75 for a couple of weeks, tonight I connected my USB drive to it to watch an old movie, it recognises the USB drive is connected, however it doesn't appear in the "Inputs" screen with the other HDMI, DTV, etc inputs. The TV has 2 x USB ports, I've tried both ports, same outcome. So I haven't been able to play the content on the USB drive.

Anyone had a similar experience? Know how to solve?
Thanks

BoOwOoBoY

Reaction score
So I've had the Q75 for a couple of weeks, tonight I connected my USB drive to it to watch an old movie, it recognises the USB drive is connected, however it doesn't appear in the "Inputs" screen with the other HDMI, DTV, etc inputs. The TV has 2 x USB ports, I've tried both ports, same outcome. So I haven't been able to play the content on the USB drive.

Anyone had a similar experience? Know how to solve?
Thanks
You may download app like VLC player, you may then browse the file thru the app to play the movie.

hairymonster

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the e55 model can output 60fps at 4k?

Seem I don't have that option on the nvidia shield. :(

kaydee

Reaction score
Took the plunge and bought the Q65-QE. So far quite impressed especially for the price I'm paying. My last TV which is a Samsung CURVE TV served me well for 5 years but gone are the days we have to pay big bucks for TVS, unless you have a lot of money for those premium ones like OLED/QLED etc. For me I will use the spare cash to buy a good soundbar.

jenjen1

Reaction score
Hi! I am considering prism+ Q55 alongside with other 55” TV from Panasonic/Philips/Sharp that are currently on sale and the price is approximately $200-300 more than Q55. May I know if it’s more recommended to get Panasonic/Philips/Sharp tv (not the top tiered brands) despite being an older model rather than prism+? My friends have been recommending me prism+ since they used it and doesn’t have any problems so far. I’m getting a new tv to replace my Sony android tv which spoils within 3.5 years of purchase. I was told that once LED tv reaches the supposed lifespan of a certain number of hours it will not work anymore. Therefore, I’m thinking not to invest so much on a new tv again if there is a possibility of it not working within <5 years. Also, does it worth it to spend around $400 to repair my Sony tv even though I could possibly spend another few hundred dollars to get a new tv from the abovementioned brands? Thank you!!!

austin1

Reaction score
Hi! I am considering prism+ Q55 alongside with other 55” TV from Panasonic/Philips/Sharp that are currently on sale and the price is approximately $200-300 more than Q55. May I know if it’s more recommended to get Panasonic/Philips/Sharp tv (not the top tiered brands) despite being an older model rather than prism+? My friends have been recommending me prism+ since they used it and doesn’t have any problems so far. I’m getting a new tv to replace my Sony android tv which spoils within 3.5 years of purchase. I was told that once LED tv reaches the supposed lifespan of a certain number of hours it will not work anymore. Therefore, I’m thinking not to invest so much on a new tv again if there is a possibility of it not working within <5 years. Also, does it worth it to spend around $400 to repair my Sony tv even though I could possibly spend another few hundred dollars to get a new tv from the abovementioned brands? Thank you!!!

Yeap MY Sony Android 40" TV Died , and replaced with this ...
Pros: Cheap.
Cons. HDR is really extreme , need to manual cool it down . Problem is HDMI input color is the way I like it after adjust, but the Digital TV color runs ...
Cons. Picture is extreme sharp. I mean all human face looks horrible. Like never put on make up. can see all wrinkles on the faces ... tone the sharpness down but ... background become blur ... hmm , Think no AI Running... just a simple Big LED Panel ..
Cons. Today I found out another Issue , my TV keep turning it self on. and someone is trying to pair ( Bluetooth) with it. Turn my TV off and Tried to pair with my Iphone , yeap .. IT turn on, No Option to turn auto wake - bluetooth Off, only some options for network auto wake off .
Cons: Sounds are horrible.
Cons: Tried to email to the customer service. and just got a generic reply ... say will chk in 2 -3 days ..
Conclusions : Regret getting this , but i guess I got what I paid for...... better spending a bit more and get a better model.

austin1

Reaction score
I am helping someone buy and setup a soundbar for the PRISM+ Q55QE.

I noticed that the HDMI-1 port is HDMI ARC compatible according to the tech specs but on the back of the set it just says HDMI1 and not HDMI1(ARC) like most TVs would.

So is that HDMI1 port ARC compatible or not?

Can the Android OS CEC feature allow the TV to control Power On/Off and Volume Up/Down on the ARC compatible soundbar?

Would really appreciate it if anyone who actually successfully set up an Android PRISM+ Q series set with an ARC compatible soundbar could also share the brand/model of the soundbar please.

Its working with Sonos Beam .. Just plug it in HDMI 1

NineNineNine

Reaction score
I'm using the Q65QE, indeed the "ARC" isn't printed on the TV but I can confirm that HDMI1 is ARC enabled. When I press the power or volume buttons on the TV's remote, it controls the soundbar. My soundbar is the Sony HT-G700. Hope this helps!
Thanks vodaboy, that's a very fine soundbar you have there. Congrats on your setup.

hihihi77

Reaction score
when I launch Netflix app, the Home Screen looks blurry (not sharp). Anyone has the same problem? I bought 55QE

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when I launch Netflix app, the Home Screen looks blurry (not sharp). Anyone has the same problem? I bought 55QE
At the beginning, it will be less sharp as the system is spooling the data in. After a short while, the resolution will improve.

LionsTurf

Master Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between QE and QE Pro, all I can see is QE Pro gives 3 month trial of Viu?

The main issues I hear is the backlight bleeds too much on dark images on the original Q model but not sure if the QE upgrade reduces this as it's part of the way IPS panels work ?

coolfire

Reaction score
What's the difference between QE and QE Pro, all I can see is QE Pro gives 3 month trial of Viu?

The main issues I hear is the backlight bleeds too much on dark images on the original Q model but not sure if the QE upgrade reduces this as it's part of the way IPS panels work ?
AFAIK, there is a voice-activated google asst, no need to press the button on the remote, also has brighter panel (450 or 500 nits I think)

hihihi77

Reaction score
At the beginning, it will be less sharp as the system is spooling the data in. After a short while, the resolution will improve.
Agreed it did improve but still it’s not as sharp as Apple TV or Fire TV stick. The subtitles still blurry. Hopefully Netflix can fix this issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.