Prism+ TV

racerx

Reaction score
Its working with Sonos Beam .. Just plug it in HDMI 1
Just got a Sonos arc but my current Xiaomi tv has an issue that I have to send PCM (stereo) audio to it in order to remain in sync. But then volume is Low. Sending raw audio means audio is the correct level but out of sync. Any issue like that with the prism?

tlkchew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone using the QE Q-55 TV? how is it? any reviews i can read about (objective ones that is, i keep seeing reviews disguised as marketing advert. just regurgitating the spec over and over again. any issues?

tlkchew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i beg to differ, my colleague had an apple phone product before and on the 2nd week she dropped the phone, had a screen cracked and didn't buy the insurance.

Apple nonetheless did a 1 to 1 exchange, albeit with a refurbished set. Still a good gesture from a company. till today she lived and breathe apple phone, iPads , pods etc

i feel prism has a good product. just when unfortunate things like this happen, 0 protection to the consumer, leaving a sour note. so buy and don't hope for any protection for such matter.

lots of times we learn from experience. when i posted this, i get private messages from friends and family who shared bad experience with the company.

guess it's a case of buy and you learn of the company policy. but i think it's alright, just look forward to other brands
IMO your friend and other apple fan boys helps pay for the free replacement refurbished set. thats why service is good. prism + is a cheap tv like TCL or hisense. very minimal profit margin, they earn by selling quantity so warranty issues like this is much harder coz any replacement gonna cost their loss of more than a full set of tv.

tlkchew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got mine in December and yesterday - the screen started turning white! rebooted and it was pretty much the same. I hope they honor the warranty but so far, i'm really unhappy. this thing is barely 2 months old.
did you get it replaced? I understand its a cheap tv but something like that makes the item unusable

klhlasnp_reborn

Reaction score
Is it normal the HOME screen icons and fonts are not sharp? Noticed the same thing in Netflix's font and subtitle.

gonggong

Reaction score
I bought the Q65QE recently.

There's bleeding at the top middle border and quite serious ips glow across the screen. If watching a lot of dark scenes (like pirates of the Caribbean, night scenes), then better think twice before buying.

Other issues I encountered:
if I am connected via Ethernet cable, i won't be able to switch to wfi connection. Have to unplug the Ethenet cable first.
If I use the hdmi arc, I won't be able to switch hdmi arc off and use TV speakers instead. Again, have to unplug the hdmi cable.
(My old LG LM6700 could control the above via settings easily).

Otherwise, the TV is fine and working well. I don't know if xiaomi new 2021 p series or the cheapest LG would be better. Overall, fine for me since its one of the cheaper 65in in the market (got it for below 950 with stacked coupons).

klhlasnp_reborn

Reaction score
I bought the Q65QE recently.

There's bleeding at the top middle border and quite serious ips glow across the screen. If watching a lot of dark scenes (like pirates of the Caribbean, night scenes), then better think twice before buying.

Other issues I encountered:
if I am connected via Ethernet cable, i won't be able to switch to wfi connection. Have to unplug the Ethenet cable first.
If I use the hdmi arc, I won't be able to switch hdmi arc off and use TV speakers instead. Again, have to unplug the hdmi cable.
(My old LG LM6700 could control the above via settings easily).

Otherwise, the TV is fine and working well. I don't know if xiaomi new 2021 p series or the cheapest LG would be better. Overall, fine for me since its one of the cheaper 65in in the market (got it for below 950 with stacked coupons).
What is the ethernet speed are you getting? Does the ethernet support only 100Mbps?

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it normal the HOME screen icons and fonts are not sharp? Noticed the same thing in Netflix's font and subtitle.
That's what I noticed while checking out the TVs at launch.

I suppose it's normal for Prism+ ?

Can't expect everything to match up like the big brands as these TVs are designed for a particular price point in mind that would appeal to a mainstream audience.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
anyone using the QE Q-55 TV? how is it? any reviews i can read about (objective ones that is, i keep seeing reviews disguised as marketing advert. just regurgitating the spec over and over again. any issues?

It's pretty much a pay-for-what-you-get screen.
However, unlike many other options of this price point, this is a local brand with full local support.

I'll let others who've personally owned the TV chime in for reliability or other comments.

But if you can top up a bit more for the new Pro series, you'll get much better colours, and I feel it's worth topping up to that.

But that's spending $1k and if you're already spending that much, you could also take a peek at an equivalent from Sony, with better features and processing that will set you back about $1.8k.
https://store.sony.com.sg/collections/bravia-televisions/products/kd-55x80j
Just a point of reference and consideration.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What's the difference between QE and QE Pro, all I can see is QE Pro gives 3 month trial of Viu?

The main issues I hear is the backlight bleeds too much on dark images on the original Q model but not sure if the QE upgrade reduces this as it's part of the way IPS panels work ?
AFAIK, there is a voice-activated google asst, no need to press the button on the remote, also has brighter panel (450 or 500 nits I think)

Pretty much what coolfire said.
For more accurate set of updates/changes:-
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tec...able-86-inch-smart-tv-dolby-support-singapore
In essence, the key update is the improved backlighting (Quantum Colour backlight) that helps produce a wider DCI-P3 colour range (close to the 90% range as I gathered from Prism+) than the non-Pro model. That's why the colours are better on the QE Pro series right off the bat.

The other features like Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and far-field mic input are icing on the cake. Dolby Vision support will be the most useful since all content mastered for it will immediately look and feel the way it was intended to be watched. What we've yet to determine is how that output will look when viewed on different classes of TVs - such as a QE Pro against a high-end Sony screen for example.

klhlasnp_reborn

Reaction score
That's what I noticed while checking out the TVs at launch.

I suppose it's normal for Prism+ ?

Can't expect everything to match up like the big brands as these TVs are designed for a particular price point in mind that would appeal to a mainstream audience.
Hope there will update in future to improve this.

ahcalvin

Reaction score
When the main wall power is turn on. My Prism+ Q series TV will go into standby mode, I have to press the power button on the remote to go to the home screen.
Is there any way to go straight to the home screen when the wall power is turn on?

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am considering prism+ Q55 alongside with other 55” TV from Panasonic/Philips/Sharp that are currently on sale and the price is approximately $200-300 more than Q55. May I know if it’s more recommended to get Panasonic/Philips/Sharp tv (not the top tiered brands) despite being an older model rather than prism+? My friends have been recommending me prism+ since they used it and doesn’t have any problems so far. I’m getting a new tv to replace my Sony android tv which spoils within 3.5 years of purchase. I was told that once LED tv reaches the supposed lifespan of a certain number of hours it will not work anymore. Therefore, I’m thinking not to invest so much on a new tv again if there is a possibility of it not working within <5 years. Also, does it worth it to spend around $400 to repair my Sony tv even though I could possibly spend another few hundred dollars to get a new tv from the abovementioned brands? Thank you!!!
Yeap MY Sony Android 40" TV Died , and replaced with this ...
Pros: Cheap.
Cons. HDR is really extreme , need to manual cool it down . Problem is HDMI input color is the way I like it after adjust, but the Digital TV color runs ...
Cons. Picture is extreme sharp. I mean all human face looks horrible. Like never put on make up. can see all wrinkles on the faces ... tone the sharpness down but ... background become blur ... hmm , Think no AI Running... just a simple Big LED Panel ..
Cons. Today I found out another Issue , my TV keep turning it self on. and someone is trying to pair ( Bluetooth) with it. Turn my TV off and Tried to pair with my Iphone , yeap .. IT turn on, No Option to turn auto wake - bluetooth Off, only some options for network auto wake off .
Cons: Sounds are horrible.
Cons: Tried to email to the customer service. and just got a generic reply ... say will chk in 2 -3 days ..
Conclusions : Regret getting this , but i guess I got what I paid for...... better spending a bit more and get a better model.
So I am not the only one with spoiled Sony TV, the screen failed after 4 yrs of light usage.
Black lines start to appear and flickering badly, called Sony and cost of replacement is $1.2k.

Might as well buy a cheap TV since after 3~4 years will need replacement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.