PRUDENTIAL SAVINGS SAGA

Lewis.T

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
0
Only your 2nd point make sense. 1 and 4 are just not legit points.
3rd point is reasonable.

They all shouldn't make sense. I'm using an argumentative fallacy here for an example because they keep being used.
 

Lewis.T

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
0
Sorry need to be owl here

Image removed look at yyhwin's repost.
 
Last edited:

Lewis.T

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
0
I think to simplify the process, we can use this table for illustration

ANRXwsT.png


Credits to mrclubbie

Take note CAGR is badly affected because of loss compounding, Year 1 is a bad year for all insurers.




Pru's brochure
80eSs2c.png


2015 0.2%
2016 8.3%

Par fund is above 4.75% for the past 10 years. Not sure about 20.
 
Last edited:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
3zwZfF3.jpg


I make the image easier to read for you.

I am still waiting for last year bonus declaration before I continue commenting on my thread. Without data and actual bonus added, quarreling is a waste of time.
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
I think to simplify the process, we can use this table for illustration

ANRXwsT.png


Credits to mrclubbie

Take note CAGR is badly affected because of loss compounding, Year 1 is a bad year for all insurers.




Pru's brochure
80eSs2c.png


2015 0.2%
2016 8.3%

Par fund is above 4.75% for the past 10 years. Not sure about 20.

They used this for limited pay whole life as well?
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
I think to simplify the process, we can use this table for illustration

ANRXwsT.png


Credits to mrclubbie

Take note CAGR is badly affected because of loss compounding, Year 1 is a bad year for all insurers.




Pru's brochure
80eSs2c.png


2015 0.2%
2016 8.3%

Par fund is above 4.75% for the past 10 years. Not sure about 20.

Erm, are those the average for all endowment plans or all endowment plans pay out as above?

Why no 20 year stats? It's simple stats.
 

Lewis.T

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
0
Erm, are those the average for all endowment plans or all endowment plans pay out as above?

Why no 20 year stats? It's simple stats.

I wish there was, I don't have the info.

Which image are you referring to? Both are par fund performance.
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Erm, are those the average for all endowment plans or all endowment plans pay out as above?

Why no 20 year stats? It's simple stats.

I think you are looking at the wrong image. 20 years data here.

Do take note for SSB to be comparable with endowment, you have to combine it with term.

3zwZfF3.jpg
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
I need stats for absolute returns for past 20 years. Failing which, the par fund figures can minus 1% off all returns?
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Estimated return for 10 years SSB, let say 2.7 %, cost of purchasing term? anyone calculated before for the equivalent coverage?
 

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
10,697
Reaction score
1
wrong basis of comparison

the issue is so simple - saving products with capital guaranteed, liquidity and returns

now all bringing in payouts, par fund performance etc

face palm
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
I think you are looking at the wrong image. 20 years data here.

Do take note for SSB to be comparable with endowment, you have to combine it with term.

3zwZfF3.jpg

The term part, I'm not sure about that. Endowment ain't sold as a protection policy, it's just a bonus. Main function is savings/wealth accumulation?
Are we gonna add that in just so SSB can provide a bonus too? That's missing the main objective no?

Anyway, the image above is a tad blurred. Not sure if that is the average or absolute return of all endowment policies?
Like I mentioned before, I wanna know the absolute returns stats(not par fund performance) of all endowment policies. Is it more than 70% of all endowment policies returns above 2% over 20 year?

Failing which, can we deduct par fund performance fees and get a stats of how many endowment policies can perform above 2% over 20 years?

Failing which, can we get stats from specific companies' all endowment policies stats that performed above 2% over 20 years?
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
The term part, I'm not sure about that. Endowment ain't sold as a protection policy, it's just a bonus. Main function is savings/wealth accumulation?
Are we gonna add that in just so SSB can provide a bonus too? That's missing the main objective no?

Anyway, the image above is a tad blurred. Not sure if that is the average or absolute return of all endowment policies?
Like I mentioned before, I wanna know the absolute returns stats(not par fund performance) of all endowment policies. Is it more than 70% of all endowment policies returns above 2% over 20 year?

Failing which, can we deduct par fund performance fees and get a stats of how many endowment policies can perform above 2% over 20 years?

Failing which, can we get stats from specific companies' all endowment policies stats that performed above 2% over 20 years?

Nope...what you are seeing is the actual yield already. In that table.
Means people already surrendered that policy.
I think it is fair enough for that agent to produce only prudential products return since he is prudential agent himself. I will just use that set of data to do a comparison. Perhaps just take lower of the 2 actual yield to compare.

Like what I said, you cannot simply compare SSB without term with endowment. You want to have equivalent comparison, you do it with term.
 
Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Nope...what you are seeing is the actual yield already. In that table.
Means people already surrendered that policy.
I think it is fair enough for that agent to produce only prudential products return since he is prudential agent himself. I will just use that set of data to do a comparison. Perhaps just take lower of the 2 actual yield to compare.

So is that averaged or is that all endowment policies return? meaning everyone who get a 20 year policy get that returns?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top