
http://www.sgs.gov.sg/savingsbonds/Your-SSB/This-months-bond.aspx
SSB this month bond. Average 2.32% per year.
I will use this figure and project it over 20 years(I think that interest rate if for 10 years, but that isn't 20 years SSB available).
So is that averaged or is that all endowment policies return? meaning everyone who get a 20 year policy get that returns?
You are just trying to prove SSB wins endowment here by saying most endowment are lousy.
But the actual fact is, my relatives' experience, data you can find online, or even prudential official data suggests that actual yield is around 3-4 % per annum. Prudential one caught me by surprise by producing more than 4% actually. It is very rare to see under 3 % unless you are talking about policies with cashback option.
You are just trying to prove SSB wins endowment here by saying most endowment are lousy.
But the actual fact is, my relatives' experience, data you can find online, or even prudential official data suggests that actual yield is around 3-4 % per annum. Prudential one caught me by surprise by producing more than 4% actually. It is very rare to see under 3 % unless you are talking about policies with cashback option.
Not sure about data I can find online.. can't seem to find much lol.
Anyway here's a good example.
http://www.chinalife.com.sg/chinalife/en/products/pdfs/CLI SaveReward 101 Series II Bro Eng.pdf
Guaranteed 2.25% interest and capital for a 3 pay 5 year endowment. Usually such products are limited tranche.
Think nothing much to discuss about this one, it just flat out beats an SSB in all aspects except liquidity.
5 yr for 2.25%
why u not selling this instead of your earlier useless plan?

Do I sound like I represent Chinalife?![]()

means you dont have anything similar?
goes back to the point that agents pushes their own products because of commissions
alr compare the guaranteed returns liao
what more you want? sigh.
? Your argument always shifts to suit your motive. All the while I have been arguing that endowments have their place, nothing to do with incentives or commissions.
worse than FD in the 1st - 4th year,![]()
Limited tranche policy I sold last year.
Nope, I'm not interested in proving which is better. More interested in scrutinizing both sides.
And don't need random stories as I need to know why some endowments are not performing as per TS's FB post? Actual stats helps to understand the whole story. Not some friends of friends example.
what motives?
i present to you the truths and facts with calculations
i didnt even dispute the chinalife 5 year 2.25% yield too
so pls do not peddle useless products out there
![]()
Urmm...you guys are taking things a bit too personally. I think it would be better to have a sticky thread to list down clearly the pros and cons for Endowment, SSB, Term Life, Whole Life, BTITR, ILP.
IMHO, although endowment is not as good as we want it to be, it is still popular with generally older or female as endowment are perceived to be safer. Also, there are also people who have maxed out their CPF MA/SA and contributed to SRS for years and choose to buy Income's SAIL (Single Premium Endowment), again these people are very risk adverse and don't mind low returns.
If let's say a person has decided to buy a term or endowment or shield plan, wouldn't it be better to list down the things to watch out for rather than making sweeping statements?