asdfghjklffs
Senior Member
- Joined
- Oct 2, 2016
- Messages
- 1,071
- Reaction score
- 449
I bought at 100 last yr.Leopold FC660M BT has a deep discount on Laz now.
Picked up ash yellow version, all in 125.50.

I bought at 100 last yr.Leopold FC660M BT has a deep discount on Laz now.
Picked up ash yellow version, all in 125.50.
Be careful to go to shops like mecha. If you get infected with mech keyboard GAS and end up with joining multiple group buys with 1 year wait times. Scrolling geekhack for more GMK sets and arguing with someone online about why replacing the stem of cream makes it the best switch and not a overpriced set which is almost twice the price of a normal keyboard for just the switches.
Are normal switches and low profile switches hot swappable ? I like the 1800 layout and prefer short travel switches ( aka low profile )
From the pics, seems like not pin compatible with Keychron V5 pcbgateron?
From the pics, seems like not pin compatible with Keychron V5 pcb
You referring to this ?
https://www.gateron.co/products/gateron-low-profile-mechanical-switch-set?variant=40041225093209
![]()
[$145] Budget Friendly brand Monsgeek (Akko Sister brand) recently launched M2, an 1800 Layout keyboard perfect for productivity because it includes Numpad! I like 1800 boards since I use numpad a lot.
![]()
Comes in simple box with some accessories.
![]()
- Stabilizers (Akko Screw-in Stabilizer)
- Silicon Pads for Stabs and Force Break mod
- Non-braided, coiled USB cable
- Extra Case Screws
- Includes a sheet of tape for Tape Mod (forgot to take pic)
![]()
Nothing fancy circuit board. Pretty standard 5 pin hot swappable, south facing LED PCB.
![]()
It is gasket mount like many other more expensive boards. And includes A LOT OF FOAM. Comes with PC plate too.
![]()
![]()
Did Force Break mod (adding tape/foam between 2 halves of the Aluminium Body to reduce ping) and Silicon Pads for Stabs. Did not do Tape Mod on the PCB since I feel its unnecessary with the amount of extra foam in the board.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Switches : Akko Sponge (Tactile)
Keycaps : Sakura Michi (Tai-hao)
The board looks and feels amazing. Very weighty fully aluminium budget keyboard. Below is the sound test and its really thocky. Very nice to type on! I can recommend their M1 too, if you wish to have 75% only with a Knob.
Thanks for viewing.
You remove and try you’d know rightcurious question for expert modders. i modded my rk100 recently. did the tempest mod, holee mod. lubed stabs and also added case foam and foam between plate and pcb. my question is, is the foam between plate and pcb necessary? i love how thocky it is now.
Most likely adding the foam reduce the hollow sounding since filling up any empty space in a keyboard help with how thock it sounds.curious question for expert modders. i modded my rk100 recently. did the tempest mod, holee mod. lubed stabs and also added case foam and foam between plate and pcb. my question is, is the foam between plate and pcb necessary? i love how thocky it is now.
It seems they are creating TKL version and Full Sized version for March and April timeline. No news on 65% yet, might take a while.I waiting for 65%
I have a RK100 too. I preferred the sound with the "foam" (mine is made of felt), sounds less hollow.curious question for expert modders. i modded my rk100 recently. did the tempest mod, holee mod. lubed stabs and also added case foam and foam between plate and pcb. my question is, is the foam between plate and pcb necessary? i love how thocky it is now.