Good day all,
I would like to build a new rig from scratch.
Purpose:
All in one entertainment system
Mainly for gaming, videos, surfing.
Parameters that I rank :
1.Affordability
2.Stability of system
3.Room for upgrades in the future (after 2 years)
4.The look good factor (casing)
I have not built a rig since like 10 years ago.
Would really appreciate any help from you guys.
Some of the specs/parts I already have in mind:
MOBO: MSI/Gigabyte i5 4690K compatible (Z97/H97 series?)
Processor: i5 4690K
WCU: Closed loop water cooling unit
RAM: 8GB DDR3
SSD: 128GB
HDD: 1TB HDD (no brand preference)
GPU: To get the best card possible with allocated budget
Casing: TBC
OS: Win 7
Monitor: QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution II
Sorry for the lack of research here.
Please do advise if these specs are feasible for a budget of $1500 (excluding monitor). Is there any parts that I should actually spend less and invest more in other parts? ie. GPU
I intend to do a little bit of OC with this rig.
I would like to build a new rig from scratch.
Purpose:
All in one entertainment system
Mainly for gaming, videos, surfing.
Parameters that I rank :
1.Affordability
2.Stability of system
3.Room for upgrades in the future (after 2 years)
4.The look good factor (casing)
I have not built a rig since like 10 years ago.
Would really appreciate any help from you guys.
Some of the specs/parts I already have in mind:
MOBO: MSI/Gigabyte i5 4690K compatible (Z97/H97 series?)
Processor: i5 4690K
WCU: Closed loop water cooling unit
RAM: 8GB DDR3
SSD: 128GB
HDD: 1TB HDD (no brand preference)
GPU: To get the best card possible with allocated budget
Casing: TBC
OS: Win 7
Monitor: QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution II
Sorry for the lack of research here.
Please do advise if these specs are feasible for a budget of $1500 (excluding monitor). Is there any parts that I should actually spend less and invest more in other parts? ie. GPU
I intend to do a little bit of OC with this rig.
Last edited:
